The Alloa Athletic Thread

Just heard a rumour that lee mclelland ( plays with our youth team ) is being watched by Everton. Spoke to a very reliable source at Alloa who said Everton were up watching Scott hynd and lee impressed, they've watched him a few times since and he's suppose to be going down there for pre season. I've seen him a few times and did impress but obviously didn't think he was premiership standard however there must be something there if he's going down to do pre season with them. Could be a big but of money in it for us if he was to go and would be great to see a young Alloa boy get the chance.

They were looking at big Russell too, so I read: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-keeping-tabs-alloa-8543705

Youth team must be doing something right. Can you imagine being one of these lads with that kind of interest? :thumsup2

Everton FC are keeping tabs on a pair of promising Alloa Athletic players, according to reports in Scotland.

The Blues have sent scouts to watch teenagers Scott Hynd and Russell McLean and are said to be keen on the Athletic duo.

Alloa’s head of youth Graeme Liveston is quoted in the Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser as saying Everton have been north of the border to run the rule on Hynd and McLean.

“Scott Hynd has been on the Everton radar for a while now and he must’ve activated the process, but they have also shown interest in Russell McLean as well,” Liveston said.

“He has come back from a trial down at Coventry City. He was there for a week and I’ve had reports that he did very well and they remain interested in him. The problem for Russell is he is right in the middle of six highers so he will probably have to wait until the summer, but it proves how highly he is rated.

“Everton weren’t sending a Scottish scout, but one of their top men so they have clearly been keeping tabs on them for a while.”

Alloa are currently ninth in the Scottish Premier League table.

Everton FC are keeping tabs on a pair of promising Alloa Athletic players, according to reports in Scotland.

The Blues have sent scouts to watch teenagers Scott Hynd and Russell McLean and are said to be keen on the Athletic duo.

Alloa’s head of youth Graeme Liveston is quoted in the Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser as saying Everton have been north of the border to run the rule on Hynd and McLean.

“Scott Hynd has been on the Everton radar for a while now and he must’ve activated the process, but they have also shown interest in Russell McLean as well,” Liveston said.

“He has come back from a trial down at Coventry City. He was there for a week and I’ve had reports that he did very well and they remain interested in him. The problem for Russell is he is right in the middle of six highers so he will probably have to wait until the summer, but it proves how highly he is rated.

“Everton weren’t sending a Scottish scout, but one of their top men so they have clearly been keeping tabs on them for a while.”

Congratulations on the promotion and securing safety in both the Championship and Premiership in the matter of a few days. A great achievement for all at the club.

Heady days, my friend. May the shrooms never wear off!

Good on Big Russ going for six highers, BTW. Hope he does well. Always respect any footballers who stick in with the schooling, as it must be awfy easy for these laddies to get carried away.

Also one you get to 5th/6th year you only pick 5 subjects so how can he be doing 6 highers?

Also one you get to 5th/6th year you only pick 5 subjects so how can he be doing 6 highers?

Aye, I think they'll let you do as many as you want, so long as they think you'll pass. Like those homeschooled kids that graduate at 14 and go straight into college.

I knew one of those, but he apparently burned out at 19 and ended up at a commune with two wives. So, who's really the loser here? :P

returned to Dundee a couple of games before the end of the season. He's since had at least one appearance for Dundee reserves that I know of.

Hardly played when he was here either. Must be worried, considering he talked a lot about wanting to get back to Dundee's first team when interviewed on Alba.

Will we have a new sponsor next season? I believe the marshall deal was for 2 years. Possibly indodrill??

Burger King or Pizza Hut, just to confuse the away fans when they leave the ground.

Will we have a new sponsor next season? I believe the marshall deal was for 2 years. Possibly indodrill??

I wonder who it will be? I imagine whoever we get will be paying more considering the increased media coverage.

No doubt wasps1 will be along to tell us it'll be Halliburton or Audi.

It would also be a chance to get rid of that maroon strip.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/alloa-secure-new-sponsors/

Edited by BigMartyn86

Hardly played when he was here either. Must be worried, considering he talked a lot about wanting to get back to Dundee's first team when interviewed on Alba.

He has another year left on his contract at Dundee I believe. Wouldnt expect him to be anywhere near the first team for Dundee next season. Could possibly head back down south on loan (think his family are based in London).

I would take any of they 4 tbh, the Nike hoops would be my number 1 choice. I think we will still be with pendle though :( we must get the gear for nothing I think.

He has another year left on his contract at Dundee I believe. Wouldnt expect him to be anywhere near the first team for Dundee next season. Could possibly head back down south on loan (think his family are based in London).

Southend or someone like that