The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 28/08/2024 at 18:04, Vegetableman said:

Well this takes me back 

probably been on here but ..

no wonder we called it the wrecks

the poster aught to have checked his spelling though 

It's really odd when the occasional roaster attacks The Recs. The club's been making gradual improvements for a long time.

Noticed this earlier in the week: https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/24539479.plans-build-fourth-stand-alloa-athletic-ground/

33 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's really odd when the occasional roaster attacks The Recs. The club's been making gradual improvements for a long time.

Noticed this earlier in the week: https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/24539479.plans-build-fourth-stand-alloa-athletic-ground/

Roaster  ? cheers ..

6 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Roaster  ? cheers ..

Not you, you tube  :lol:

It's primarily Falkirk fans I've noticed having a problem with our ground.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Not you, you tube  :lol:

It's primarily Falkirk fans I've noticed having a problem with our ground.

I wouldn't pay any attention to them.

2 minutes ago, printer said:

I wouldn't pay any attention to them.

It's become a lot easier again, for some reason.

Post on the club's Facebook page as follows. Copying it here so more fans can see it. (Hope I'm not stepping on your toes @LeodhasXD .)

......for all Alloa Athletic FC season ticket holders. The Q&A session is scheduled for Thursday, September 5th, at 6:30 PM at the Recs. The session will commence with Big Andy, followed by Chairman Andy Allan and Alex Brown. Subsequently, the Women's team manager and others will take the stage.

17 hours ago, printer said:

Post on the club's Facebook page as follows. Copying it here so more fans can see it. (Hope I'm not stepping on your toes @LeodhasXD .)

......for all Alloa Athletic FC season ticket holders. The Q&A session is scheduled for Thursday, September 5th, at 6:30 PM at the Recs. The session will commence with Big Andy, followed by Chairman Andy Allan and Alex Brown. Subsequently, the Women's team manager and others will take the stage.

No crack on. They've not said anything to me to put stuff out about it so as long as people know. 😅 

I'll find out on Monday what the score is.

On 30/08/2024 at 14:39, printer said:

Had quite a few say they like the idea but they are busy so if you've got an email from me and you can't make it but would've like to I can pass that on. I'm not available either so we're all in the same boat 😅

What a result today! Kev superb getting the two. Big Phil in goal was superb as well, Buchanan giving Thistle nighmares after that performance. Great performance from all though. 

Edited by LoganAAFC

Kev was great and two lovely goals. That role coming in off the left is suiting him really well. Have to give Buchanan a lot of credit on the other flank. Has been struggling this season and at times today too, but as the second half went on he grew in confidence and really tortured Thistle. 1st and 3rd goals down to him. Cammy really good after coming on as well and LD was handy as the number 9 after that change. 

Everyone was good there though and a huge improvement from the league performances. Defence again solid but we were so much better on the ball. Should be a big confidence boost. If we can add a fit Scougall and Roberts to that and hopefully a couple of loans imminent too then we'll be in a decent place. 

what a day to uproot  the thistle , The magic hat has never lost it what a man , poor first half from us couldn't pass at all but 2nd half much better,  thistle were nowhere near as i expected  .Buchanan coming on as he gets more gametime excellent play today .