The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Where's good for parking at Recs these days?  Do they enforce parking regulations at the shops opposite?

No issues parking in the lidl car park next to the away entrance. 

Good to get the win tonight and through to the quarterfinals. Gets interesting and a bit serious from now on.

Watched the stream ( kudos to @LeodhasXD for a fingers in the dyke performance for the first half hour) and glad I didn't go. Both teams tried hard, but there was a glaring lack of quality on show, with LD's clever header the only moment worthy of a goal (honourable mention to Slater's pile driver from distance which ricocheted of our post.)

Not much between the teams, although Arbroath had us under more pressure. We defended very well though, with Taggs and young Kane (who nullified Quinn Coulson) best there. I've said it before, but I think we're better defensively (and probably a better side) with Taggs in central defence.

Thought Stevie Hetherington was our best player apart from the defence (apologies @BigMartyn86 ). We didn't get great service to Buchanan or Rankin, which is a pity, given their talent.

Big Miko did well when he came on. He gives us aggression and a ball winning capability. 

Andy is still to find the most effective way of playing with the squad he has. That will probably have to wait until Tyrece and Scott Honeyman are integrated and Kurtis is fully fit.

It's a funny league this year and I've really no idea where everyone is going to finish up at the end of the season.

Edited by printer

4 minutes ago, printer said:

Good to get the win tonight and through to the quarterfinals. Gets interesting and a bit serious from now on.

Watched the stream ( kudos to @LeodhasXD for a fingers in the dyke performance for the first half hour)

I'd say more it was the Alloa Advertiser correspondent Chris Faulds. Would've been fine if I hadn't touched anything in August when we played Stenny on PPV.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

I'd say more it was the Alloa Advertiser correspondent Chris Faulds. Would've been fine if I hadn't touched anything in August when we played Stenny on PPV.

Could only hear your voice on commentary. Sounded like you were replying to someone else at times though.

8 minutes ago, printer said:

Could only hear your voice on commentary. Sounded like you were replying to someone else at times though.

Aye but I mean he controlled the camera while I dealt with all the PPV that had the wrong date set on them. Used to have a commentary duo, a support person and a cameraman in the good old days. Now it's just me. 🥲

Seeing the line ups, I thought it might be a decent game tonight, similar to a challenge cup game against Airdrie a couple of years ago. Quality might have been a bit lacking but quite enjoyed the first half, was pretty competitive. Felt the 2nd half became a bit stop-start though. 

Good to get a win after what was a really disappointing performance on Saturday, and as @printer said, competition starts to get a bit more meaningful now. 

Although Arbroath seemed to dominate the majority of possession I thought we sat in relatively comfortably, with the good effort from range that hit the post and a late scramble in the box all they really had to show in terms of serious efforts. 

Looked a clever header from LD for the goal and although I believe his challenge on Saturday was 100% a red card, it’s hard not to feel a bit sorry for him after what looked a pretty much identical challenge (ironically, in almost the exact same place) on him tonight wasn’t even deemed a foul. 

25th anniversary seems like the perfect time to do something special in this cup!

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

the human ironing board

Sounds about right . last week it collapsed and injured someone  got thrown in the cupboard before ironing was finished .

too inconsistent but fair play to him last night 

The empty railway end is a bit of a sore point for us , not allowed in there due to " stewarding costs  "  🐮 💩

Edited by Vegetableman

On 11/10/2024 at 22:35, ExiledLichtie said:

When does a "temporary stand" become a "stand"?  Do you not use the terracing behind the goal any more?

I thought Alloa were the better of two poor teams, but there wasnt much in it.  Of course it was the human ironing board who got the winner though! 😂

Not too sure it can be called a temporary stand, or even a gazebo, anymore seeing as its got a proper sheet metal roof now instead of the flapping canvas. ( Or rather I'm pretty sure it has.)