New handsets 2016

Mik

Does anyone have the LG G3?

I'm due to upgrade next month, I've got a nexus 4 now. The LG deal I can get is a great price and gives me all the data etc I need. So wondering if anyone has one and can give a review of it.

I can't give you a review per say, but my mate has it and he absolutely loves it. I have the S5 and prefer that myself.. But it you can get LG on a much better deal then go for it mate.

At 3 you get unlimited texts and data with 300 minutes for £15pm iirc.

Think I am about 18 quid, for unlimited data, plenty of minutes and texts and free 3 to 3 minutes too, I'll never bet another deal with a phone, i'll always buy my own android device and go sim only.

Good thread but it seems opinions are divided. Some people like certain models, others don't. I just want one that is reliable and works for a few years. I will try to distill the above info and make a decision. (OnePlus One sounds good but I really want a cheap 2nd hand phone). Problem is trusting the seller, been disappointed before. I'd have to actually use it before buying. My current phone is the HTC One which I was given because the wifi signal was weak. It has now gone completely (as detailed in another thread) that's why I want an old, trusty model. The quest continues. I'll follow this thread.

The oneplusone looks outstanding.

The reason I never got one is mentioned all over this thread as to why folk are looking to upgrade. Their integral batteries are goosed , and the 1+1 has one. (Still don't know if the tinge issues on the screen have been fixed either).

I am on my 2nd jiayu g4 advanced , first lasted 6/8 months afore the damp got to it and then got the updated version .

See the Chinese phone thread for prices as I cannae mind off the top of my head, but the newer one was @ £120 3 months ago.

Excellent phone, and now I have 4 3000mah batteries with a seat charger.

The batteries vary in duration, from probably 5 to 8 hours life, and degrade slowly through time, that's 5to8 hours as a WiFi hotspot downloading torrents and simultaneously streaming radio, which is a huge amount of time.

Exactly why you should never buy a phone with an integral one.

Go Chinese junk baybee :)

Does anyone have the LG G3?

I'm due to upgrade next month, I've got a nexus 4 now. The LG deal I can get is a great price and gives me all the data etc I need. So wondering if anyone has one and can give a review of it.

Can't say I know much about this one, but I find Techradar reviews to be excellent

http://m.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/lg-g3-1250581/review

Can't say I know much about this one, but I find Techradar reviews to be excellent

http://m.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/lg-g3-1250581/review

That was the first review I read.

If I can get the upgrade deal that's on offer now next month, then I think its settled. I've had no complaints with this nexus (made by LG) and with the G3 having the best screen around, phablets aside, then I should be one happy bunny.

Plus I'll be able to use 4G when ever I go see my folks. Ridiculously, Auchterarder has 4G, after it was negotiated that the coverage would stay after the Ryder cup.

Think I am about 18 quid, for unlimited data, plenty of minutes and texts and free 3 to 3 minutes too, I'll never bet another deal with a phone, i'll always buy my own android device and go sim only.

I'm £12.70 with 3 for Unlimited data, 300 minutes and 5000 texts.

On a months notice sim only contract.

The only time I ever pay more each month is if I send picture messages.

That was the first review I read.

If I can get the upgrade deal that's on offer now next month, then I think its settled. I've had no complaints with this nexus (made by LG) and with the G3 having the best screen around, phablets aside, then I should be one happy bunny.

Plus I'll be able to use 4G when ever I go see my folks. Ridiculously, Auchterarder has 4G, after it was negotiated that the coverage would stay after the Ryder cup.

I've had the G3 for a couple of months and don't really have any issues with it. It's pretty much the same spec as the S5 so there shouldn't be much difference.

I would say that while screen is the best in terms of size and resolution it's not as vibrant as it could be and colours tend to be a wee bit more washed out than on other handsets.

Got my PAC from Vodafone this morning, going to head to the 3 shop on Saturday to get my hands on an HTC One M8. Can't be arsed with the iPhone anymore. The battery and lack of storage capabilities sucks a big one.

Got my PAC from Vodafone this morning, going to head to the 3 shop on Saturday to get my hands on an HTC One M8. Can't be arsed with the iPhone anymore. The battery and lack of storage capabilities sucks a big one.

I don't think there's an external St slot on an M8, may be thinking of the wrong phone though.

I don't think there's an external St slot on an M8, may be thinking of the wrong phone though.

There is.

When i first got the phone i was trying to put my Sim into the SD tray :lol: took me about 10mins to finally click.

I'm £12.70 with 3 for Unlimited data, 300 minutes and 5000 texts.

On a months notice sim only contract.

The only time I ever pay more each month is if I send picture messages.

Can you 'tether' ? I have a 3 wifi broadband dongle but could combine phone and laptop if tethering was possible.

Can you 'tether' ? I have a 3 wifi broadband dongle but could combine phone and laptop if tethering was possible.

I have an option to USB tether but I've never done so.

I often use it as a mobile hotspot to connect my laptop and it works perfectly, even when using VPN for connection to my work.

Edited by Ando

I have an option to USB tether but I've never done so.

I often use it as a mobile hotspot to connect my laptop and it works perfectly, even when using VPN for connection to my work.

That's exactly what I meant. I may have used the wrong terminology.

Was your deal just a straight offer or did you 'haggle' to get it? When I wanted to stop my broadband service because I was going away for 6 months, they called back and offered me a deal which I accepted. I'll be looking into this next month.

That's exactly what I meant. I may have used the wrong terminology.

Was your deal just a straight offer or did you 'haggle' to get it? When I wanted to stop my broadband service because I was going away for 6 months, they called back and offered me a deal which I accepted. I'll be looking into this next month.

I was on a standard pay monthly contract and it came to an end, I wanted a Nexus 4 but they didn't have it in stock so I asked to just cancel the monthly contract and I'd look elsewhere.

The guy talked me into this deal on a monthly sim only deal so I could keep my number and switch to another monthly phone contract when the Nexus 4, or any other phone I liked, was available.

I was paying £35 a month previously for unlimited everything with a Desire HD but he said I never used more than 200 mins a month so struck this deal for me.

This was over the phone so not sure if it is an off the rack deal, I threatened to leave so they gave me a good deal I guess, in the hope that I would commit to another 24 month contract soon after.

Best thing I ever did, just buy my phones when I fancy a change now.

I've been on this deal for over three years, the price has never changed as far as I can remember, certainly less than a pound dearer in that time.