Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

Not unlike people to under estimate a St Johnstone player, Brian Easton was outstanding for us. Think theres more decent left backs than people think, only Aberdeen seem to have a shite one

When I first saw Easton I thought he was a lumbering ox but I thought he was pretty good. I was at the Scottish Cup Final where he turned in an excellent display. I don't think he's as good as Shinnie but he's definitely one of the better left backs in the league. Quite funny reading some of the Aberdeen posters on other forums who claim to be ITK saying Shinnie is as good as done.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shinnie looks a certainty to leave, him and Robertson were so far ahead of any other LB in Scotland last year miles ahead doesnt even describe it

Shinnie is much more than just a left back. A natural player capable of playing in a variety of positions, who can read a game well, and hold up play when required - also adept at making and receiving a pass. Great first touch and always with an eye to grabbing a goal.

I wouldn't even say that LB is his best position - and he's going nowhere soon.

Would love to have Shinnie in our team, a classy player. Any Don who thinks he'll come this transfer window is in la-la-land.

However he is an Aberdeen loon, and we've seen in the past certain players who mabye could have played at a higher level staying in the SPFL for the security/comfort/ego boost of being a big fish in a small pond. If Caley are safe but with little to play for by Jan (like Hibs were... Ahem..) then mabye tempted to cash in for a modest fee from the Dons?

Shinnie is much more than just a left back. A natural player capable of playing in a variety of positions, who can read a game well, and hold up play when required - also adept at making a receiving a pass. Great first touch and always with an eye to grabbing a goal.

I wouldn't even say that LB is his best position - and he's going nowhere soon.

Exactly, Shinnie has been excellent at RB whenever I've seen him there, anywhere further up the pitch as well, doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves, best defender outside Celtic in the league and the best LB in the country and probably the best RB too

Not unlike people to under estimate a St Johnstone player, Brian Easton was outstanding for us. Think theres more decent left backs than people think, only Aberdeen seem to have a shite one

Slight correction, Aberdeen don't actually have a proper left back. And haven't had for some time. Is the reason that one hasn't been signed is maybe as a wee January deal is in the pipeline???

Agree about Shinnie, excellent player. Rarely wastes a ball. I thought he was better than Robertson last year but maybe I'm in the minority?

Shinnie was best left back (and full back) in Scotland last season imho

I presume no new contracts yet for Shinnie or McKay - two players I would love to see aberdeen try to sign. Certainly we would be in for them as Bosman free transfers next year - naturally there will be 'bigger' teams too

Welcome to the forum a9north.

This page reveals the truism that RiG, in common with Ross County supporters, have next to nothing to say that is in any positive about ICT.

I've always been a fan of Gow. He's been ever so unlucky but do you think he can fit in in Inverness?

Welcome to the forum a9north.This page reveals the truism that RiG, in common with Ross County supporters, have next to nothing to say that is in any positive about ICT.I've always been a fan of Gow. He's been ever so unlucky but do you think he can fit in in Inverness?

Don't hold back or anything.

Welcome to the forum a9north. This page reveals the truism that RiG, in common with Ross County supporters, have next to nothing to say that is in any positive about ICT. I've always been a fan of Gow. He's been ever so unlucky but do you think he can fit in in Inverness?

Situaciones-en-la-vida-de-un-programador

Hughes told the press that Gow is training with us for fitness and that he's not a signing target. He has family in the Highlands and is between clubs, apparently. Yogi did say that he liked Gow and would like to do something eventually.

Tbh I am more concerned about Forans fitness. Yogi was in the Daily Mail today saying he had no idea when he would be fit again. Put it this way Gow is better than the back up centre forward we currently have on the books

Thanks a9north, its a pleasure to read a polite and positive post.

How would you see Gow fitting into the ICT shape?

Its a fact that Hughes is trying his best to drag ICT away from a philosophy, for all Butcher's chat, rooted firmly with Wing Commander Charles Reep, rickets and black & white tv.

Would Gow fulfill a role in a team that endeavours to pass rather than kick?

Archived