Business / corporate speak nonsense

Police report on David Cameron incident :-

"Following the incident, Chief Inspector Derek Hughes of West Yorkshire Police said: ''Around midday, a 28-year-old local man was briefly arrested after he came close to the prime minister's group who had just left the Civic Hall in Leeds.

''No threats were made, and after the man's details were checked, he was de-arrested and allowed on his way.''

They mentioned that on Have I Got News For You last week; Ian & Paul were just as incredulous.

A manager in my work told me today to "dovetail with David on that issue".

Christ. I thought liaise was bad.

You and David could make him a nice cabinet using dovetailed joints. Then lock him in it and see how long it takes before he's missed.

I had one earlier this morning. Phoned a colleague to get something pushed through before my boss comes back on Monday.

"OK Adam, thanks for the notification. I'll action that now."

FML.

I had one earlier this morning. Phoned a colleague to get something pushed through before my boss comes back on Monday.

"OK Adam, thanks for the notification. I'll action that now."

Sounds like the opening lines to Corporate Speak Nonsense: The Erotic Movie.

None of these are dreadful on their own, but I received an e-mail today with the following sentence:

"Her primary focus is to get this right and before we can begin beta testing she needs to understand best practice."

Or, as he actually meant...

"Can you tell her what to do please?"

**** (CEO) shares his update from the Monthly Performance Call with our Senior Leaders. He reporst we are getting to a far more participative format with many leaders contributing and using real-time ****** (Internal networking site) connections during the call. Purpose is to spread learning, best practices and ideas at lightning speed across ******(Company)

:barf

Can anyone explain a "hockey stick approach" to targets? What the actual f**k does that mean?

If you don't hit your target, you get clouted by a hockey stick.

Wielded by a people facilitator to encourage you to flower within the nurturing work space environment.

You mean it would be an atmosphere not conducive to your optimum satisfaction?

Eh... Aye!

It's like the gaffers and pen pushers at my work. They haven't got a clue how to do my job but their clipboard and pie charts suggest otherwise meanwhile they are getting you to sign more paperwork incase you make a mistake so they can hold you to account.

Eh... Aye!

It's like the gaffers and pen pushers at my work. They haven't got a clue how to do my job but their clipboard and pie charts suggest otherwise meanwhile they are getting you to sign more paperwork incase you make a mistake so they can hold you to account.

An assurance process has to be in place and subject to audit to ensure policy is adhered to.