Business / corporate speak nonsense

Not quite in the same league as some of the guff on here, but at one time I was a shop steward and in the middle of one particular dispute we refused to deal with our own manager, so they brought in another one from a different department to try and negotiate.

At the first meeting we had with him he introduces himself and says "I've been airdropped in here to try and broker a deal", which prompted the retort from one of my esteemed colleagues of "Who the f**k do you think you are? Rudolf Hess?"

• 4 weeks later...

This guy will go far, in fact, he already has, he's our new CEO: -

"My name is *** **** and I am an experienced leader with a clear vision for the future and the capacity to get people motivated and committed to its achievement. I am an excellent communicator and I operate in an open and collaborative manner. I am skilled in developing effective networks with a wide range of stakeholders, possessing well honed commercial skills, the ability to manage effectively across international boundaries and a track record of strong and lasting client relationships. I am a strategic thinker, able to clearly analyse a business, see a range of options and set clear, ambitious goals for their delivery. I am an innovative and creative entrepreneur, able to develop compelling propositions and convert them into profitable new business. I have worked across a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, construction, housing, retail, health, leisure, education and commercial property. I am currently looking for my next opportunity."

He forgot to add "I also do not believe in hiding my lamp under a bushel."

Edited by Jacksgranda

"My name is *** **** and I am an experienced leader with a clear vision for the future and the capacity to get people motivated and committed to its achievement. I am an excellent communicator and I operate in an open and collaborative manner. I am skilled in developing effective networks with a wide range of stakeholders, possessing well honed commercial skills, the ability to manage effectively across international boundaries and a track record of strong and lasting client relationships. I am a strategic thinker, able to clearly analyse a business, see a range of options and set clear, ambitious goals for their delivery. I am an innovative and creative entrepreneur, able to develop compelling propositions and convert them into profitable new business. I have worked across a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, construction, housing, retail, health, leisure, education and commercial property. I am currently looking for my next opportunity."

I hate to point this out, but censoring the guy's name is pointless when you can just google a phrase from his "mission statement" and see his profile on LinkedIn; the handsome devil :lol:

Would be amusing if this turns out to be a generic boilerplate that they all use on their CVs :P

I hate to point this out, but censoring the guy's name is pointless when you can just google a phrase from his "mission statement" and see his profile on LinkedIn; the handsome devil :lol:

Would be amusing if this turns out to be a generic boilerplate that they all use on their CVs :P

Oh, dear - I knew quoting company stuff would catch me out some day!

Oh, dear - I knew quoting company stuff would catch me out some day!

I doubt you're the only one!

He'll probably just consider it a positive opportunity for career advancement through technological interface with potential client base. Or something.

I doubt you're the only one!

He'll probably just consider it a positive opportunity for career advancement through technological interface with potential client base. Or something.

Or else implement a short term, narrow range of human resource re-orginisation

Edited by Jacksgranda

When I saw the google search result, it was a name of someone I actually know, but turned out to be a different one, unfortunately. Or fortunately, looking at the language.

The bit in bold is utter shite considering what follows is the most opaque and open to interpretation corporate bullshit speak around.

I'm really hating the term 'deep dive' just now.

Which is unfortunate, because I'm hearing it every day.

Report him to HR. Nobody should have to suffer sexual harassment these days.

Hi my names Mr ceo and I'm your new psychopath. Edited by D.A.F.C

I'm really hating the term 'deep dive' just now.

Which is unfortunate, because I'm hearing it every day.

It's actually a trade marked management "technique" - from

What is the DeepDive™?
Tools for tackling your tough challenges

Problem-solving methodology helps with performance improvement, innovation, process change, and more

We had one done about 6 months ago, certainly wasn't what I was expecting until I read the above....

Edited by salmonbuddie