Business / corporate speak nonsense

Here's the apprentice quote for anyone who missed it:

"The trailblazer is a fully managed and implemented business growth campaign that starts with a focused base camp to remove the clouds from our client's business growth mountain so they can clearly see the summit we are aiming for."

I think if someone stood in front of me and said that I would struggle not to club them to death.

I think they would struggle to get to the end of the sentence if I was there as by the time they got to 'focused base camp',

a kick in the pie would have been administered.

I now hear an increasing amount of colleagues wondering whether problems are 'showstoppers' or not.

This. Every project in IT seems togo like this

Were having some difficulties implementing the new Software/Hardware/Protocols but the good news is that it isnt a show stopper! and should be finished only a week behind schedule"

This. Every project in IT seems togo like this

Were having some difficulties implementing the new Software/Hardware/Protocols but the good news is that it isnt a show stopper! and should be finished only a week behind schedule"

"User Interface Facilitator Products" surely?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a performance review at work, for which I've been given a small booklet about performance objectives etc. The whole thing is a painful, painful read, and it sounds like it was written by David Brent.

I've got a performance review at work, for which I've been given a small booklet about performance objectives etc. The whole thing is a painful, painful read, and it sounds like it was written by David Brent.

Boss asked to schedule a meeting with me last week, and when I asked what it was about told me it was to do with my mid year review.

"Didn't we just do this about a fortnight ago?"

"Aah, we did, but this is the next bit of it..."

By the time we finish the mid year process, it'll be time for the fucking annual report.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had a burst pipe disaster in the flat and have been dealing with the repercussions for the boy that lives below me. I've been in contact with him and his land lord frequently, but every email he sends includes the phrase "touch base". Considering letting the bath overflow. That'll show the c**t.

Apparently we have to "centrifuge conceptual approaches to collectivized strategies for learning" in our grade level meetings.

Nope?

Me neither.

Fucking christ, I'd fire anyone who came out with that.

The sacked way and then barbecued way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sent an email this morning asking for an update on something I'm trying to work on, but can't until another department provides what they need to.

Reply I got was "Still chasing for further info - will advise once we have more colour".

New one for me. Probably on here already but I can't be fucked searching for it.

Sent an email this morning asking for an update on something I'm trying to work on, but can't until another department provides what they need to.

Reply I got was "Still chasing for further info - will advise once we have more colour".

New one for me. Probably on here already but I can't be fucked searching for it.

That'll be that Celtic poster with the coloured wife, waiting for HR to meet diversity requirements. Bless.

It's a small world after all.

^^^ reported for racism

I was recently reading at a press release from two large tech/consulting companies announcing a strategic alliance. This alliance has very obvious nefarious intentions (mass surveillance, probably for NSA, possibly illegal), so the release was paragraph after paragraph after paragraph of absolute culsterfucking of business-speak bullshittery and diversion, and intentional vagueness.

For your reading pleasure:

http://www.splunk.com/view/booz-allen-hamilton-and-splunk-announce-strategic-alliance-to-deliver-predictive-security-analytics-and-operationalize-threat-intelligence/SP-CAAAPB7

Edited by banana