Business / corporate speak nonsense

I had to make a fecking video teaching people how to make and use fishbone diagrams. Suffice to say, I've never used one or encountered one in my entire life elsewhere.

Happy to report that their inventor, Kaoru Ishikawa, is dead. I hope he choked on a fish bone.

Japs had the right intentions but main problem is most people here don't execute it properly so it's just some daft sideshow.

Have you drawn a fishbone diagram yet?

These things annoy me, its like putting up a brick wall infront of the issue. It doesn't make it easier to solve it's just a tool to make someone look good.

Gemba, muda, kaizen, TIMWOOD, DMIAC, PDCA, 8D

Just fucking fix the issue and f**k right off to f**k.

I had to make a fecking video teaching people how to make and use fishbone diagrams. Suffice to say, I've never used one or encountered one in my entire life elsewhere.

Happy to report that their inventor, Kaoru Ishikawa, is dead. I hope he choked on a fish bone.

Fishbone diagram seen.....

Fishbone diagram mocked.

They weren't impressed when I asked,

'Why not stand it on it's end and call it a Christmas tree',

I did ask WHY five times.

Edited by MEADOWXI

To go with Lean and Six Sigma;

Apparently to resolve issues and deal with problems we should have 5 Why Meetings.

Ask why something happened. The answer to that, you ask why again, and repeat.

By the end of 5 Whys a resolution should have been reached.................

By the end of 3 whys I want to reach for a gun.

Watch out it could be coming to an office near you soon folks.

Why?

To go with Lean and Six Sigma;

Apparently to resolve issues and deal with problems we should have 5 Why Meetings.

Ask why something happened. The answer to that, you ask why again, and repeat.

By the end of 5 Whys a resolution should have been reached.................

By the end of 3 whys I want to reach for a gun.

Watch out it could be coming to an office near you soon folks.

^^^in the diagnostic phase^^^

I thought "quantum" as in "amount" was invented during the Rangers collapse to explain all the complicated financial chicanery going on. Just heard it on BBC news referring to ISIS, as in "the quantum of risk may increase". You don't even need to replace quantum with amount there, "The risk may increase." is quite sufficient. I can only conclude that it's a word used by people who don't know what they're on about to confuse people into thinking that they do. Leave the word to mindboggling physics.

genuine excerpt of a training manual I was reading today.

Contact Centre – A centralised place where messages in a variety of media are sent and received. Software, hardware and human infrastructure are maintained at the contact centre to manage customer interactions.

Not even 'human resources' - human infrastructure.

Does anyone think that any of these cnuts actually believe or understand any of the jargon they spout?

That's the point. If they barely understand it then the audience doesn't understands it so you need to keep employing people who understand it most - those who barely understand it.

Edited by banana

genuine excerpt of a training manual I was reading today.

Not even 'human resources' - human infrastructure.

They will line their contact centre with the bones of your dead :mellow:

That's the point. If they barely understand it then the audience doesn't understands it so you need to keep employing people who understand it most - those who barely understand it.

I think it's used to try and justify jobs and to have power over people.

I do think that 6S and some of the tools are useful but it's nothing new really. Why not just reword it all in easy to understand english?

I do think that 6S and some of the tools are useful but it's nothing new really. Why not just reword it all in easy to understand english?

vvv

I think it's used to try and justify jobs and to have power over people.

:P

Apologies if it's been posted but the worse one I've heard was-

"Let's run that idea up the flag pole and see who salutes"

That one won't work in Belfast...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Business speak is exactly what it looks and sounds like - dehumanizing gobbledygook written by cowardly, characterless corporate whores who have subsumed themselves in the barren soulless philosophy of the business world due to being, without doubt, the most artless and useless dullards extant in the human species.

Or to put it in simpler terms - shite written by c***s.