New Strips for 2014/15

Indeed cause goodness knows what our away kit will be this season. For what it's worth, a home team should never have to change their kit at home. Unless the white and blue one is really light, it's going to be a struggle against us.

We're Dundee FC, we'll wear what we want...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're Dundee FC, we'll wear what we want...

Hilariously predictable and infantile response, but then I'd expect nothing else from such a delinquent support. (Not all are tarred with this brush)

Hilariously predictable and infantile response, but then I'd expect nothing else from such a delinquent support. (Not all are tarred with this brush)

You shouldn't be talking about infants considering you left one crying on it's own in the street the other week, but that's another story...

Serious question. What kit are Dundee going to wear away to Ross County or, particularly, St Johnstone?

There will be no problem wearing the away kit at County and we'll go all dark blue at Killie. The only issue could be away to St Johnstone. We wore dark blue at Queen's last season and that was deemed acceptable so we'll maybe get away with that again.

Hopefully we wear the away kit on a few other occasions when it's not necessarily needed. It's smart as f**k and deserves the exposure.

You shouldn't be talking about infants considering you left one crying on it's own in the street the other week, but that's another story...

:lol:

Ohh dear, that's really quite a pathetic response. I'm sorry for not approaching random young children, who don't know me. I wouldn't want to be labelled something I wasn't would I?

Clearly you deem it acceptable though..

:lol:

Ohh dear, that's really quite a pathetic response. I'm sorry for not approaching random young children, who don't know me. I wouldn't want to be labelled something I wasn't would I?

Clearly you deem it acceptable though..

Yes, you're quite right to leave a lone child in distress for fear of what others might think of you.

Yes, you're quite right to leave a lone child in distress for fear of what others might think of you.

Thank you, glad you agree.

Hey, Dundee. Hello... Any chance we can have your away strip and change the light blue stripes to black for our home strip? Please can we?

We'll put stripes on the back, stick red numbers and names on, and have Stephen Thompson look gorgeous in it... We'll look after it for you, honest we will.

Go on.... Gie's it!

tree house tam, on 07 Jul 2014 - 18:16, said:tree house tam, on 07 Jul 2014 - 18:16, said:tree house tam, on 07 Jul 2014 - 18:16, said:

Out of interest , how successful was that ?

Depends what you mean by successful. It's probably the most 'iconic' (For lack of a better word) Dundee strip we have had since the new millennium, it's certainly the most well known, I'd also say it comfortably sold more than any other strip we've released since then.

If you're asking from a purely financial perspective then I don't think many of our kits can be deemed as 'successful' as I don't think the club makes much money from our sales as we have a deal with Provan Sports in that they pay us to look after our merchandise, but hoover up like 99% of the profits whilst we get another small cut from that. (I think that's the agreement anyways, happy to be proven wrong!)

ETA: The 2001 'Argentina' Away strip and our new away strip have been added for comparison.

post-12782-0-93683800-1404754570_thumb.j

post-12782-0-97191900-1404754581.gif

Depends what you mean by successful. It's probably the most 'iconic' (For lack of a better word) Dundee strip we have had since the new millennium, it's certainly the most well known, I'd also say it comfortably sold more than any other strip we've released since then.

If you're asking from a purely financial perspective then I don't think many of our kits can be deemed as 'successful' as I don't think the club makes much money from our sales as we have a deal with Provan Sports in that they pay us to look after our merchandise, but hoover up like 99% of the profits whilst we get another small cut from that. (I think that's the agreement anyways, happy to be proven wrong!)

ETA: The 2001 'Argentina' Away strip and our new away strip have been added for comparison.

You should've went for the pun on proven/Provan mate.

But yeah, people are always going on about the Argentina strip being our most iconic.

Still easily the best kit I've seen so far tbh.

It'll be interesting to see how it looks in real life. Hurlford United had a similar idea for last seasons strip and whilst it sounded good on paper, was awful in reality when you see it up close.

Hopefully it doesn't ruin your kit though, as both are spankin'.

Serious question. What kit are Dundee going to wear away to Ross County or, particularly, St Johnstone?

In the season we had the Argentina style we wore it at McDiarmid with no problems. Would expect the same this season.

Archived