Ramsdens' Cup 2014-15

Bold Rover

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should probably make you aware that we're playing at Airdrie until January. Might change your opinion of a "good away trip."

That's probably even better since I've not visited the Excelsior, in fact I would have included Airdreonians themselves in it if it wasn't for our piss poor record in cup competitions against them. :lol:

The Petrofac Training Cup will do little for the reputation of the tournament but that's by-the-by. Who is this Petrofac anyway, are they a big firm? Likely to be paying much?

Good to see the SPFL divided the regions as I'd suggested.

Looking at their website they seem to be a big global company in the oil industry and are listed on the FTSE 100 index. The training company is an offshoot of the main group.

Seem to be a much bigger company than the pawnbrokers anyway.

Petrofac

Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil & gas production and processing industry, with a diverse customer portfolio including many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil & gas companies. Petrofac is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: PFC) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.

The group delivers services through two divisions: Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance (ECOM - comprising Onshore Engineering & Construction, Offshore Projects & Operations, Offshore Capital Projects and Engineering & Consulting Services) and Integrated Energy Services (IES). Through these divisions Petrofac designs and builds oil & gas facilities; operates, maintains and manages facilities and trains personnel; enhances production; and, where it can leverage its service capability, develops and co-invests in upstream and infrastructure projects. Petrofac’s range of services meets its customers’ needs across the full life cycle of oil & gas assets.

With around 16,500 employees, Petrofac operates out of seven strategically located operational centres, in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur and a further 24 offices worldwide. The predominant focus of Petrofac’s business is on the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS), the Middle East and Africa, the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and the Asia Pacific region.

Petrofac Training Services

Petrofac Training Services, part of the IES division of Petrofac Group, provides competence consultancy, training and assurance services to the oil & gas industry and beyond.

More than 500 technical experts serve our international customer-base, spanning a diverse range of fields: exploration and production, drilling, refining, petrochemicals, gas, LNG and renewables.

Our extensive network of offices spans the globe, providing immediate support for all regions. We run our own training centres in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and we can operate and design training facilities for our customers where necessary.

Our integrated approach to competence development lets us help our

customers build more efficient, safe and competent workforces. We can

identify where workforce competence can be enhanced; deliver training

and development programmes to fill gaps and address competence

assurance requirements on an ongoing basis.

In 2012, we delivered over 200,000 training days worldwide to develop and improve competence levels.

Fair enough... Ultimately it's the dosh that matters anyway. I don't see the name "Petrofac Training Cup" catching on in the way the B&Q Cup did or the Ramsdens Cup has.

They're not your typical sponsor of a football cup, though, as I assume their customers will typically be companies and organisations, rather than your average punter / individual? People normally sponsor a cup to increase the profile of their product or premises to boost sales - e.g. Drybroughs, CIS Insurance, Bells, Bank of Scotland, Irn-Bru, Ramsdens, B&Q, Skol, Coca Cola, Tennents, William Hill were all promoting their goods/outlets.

So it's an interesting one: what's their motivation?

Fair enough... Ultimately it's the dosh that matters anyway. I don't see the name "Petrofac Training Cup" catching on in the way the B&Q Cup did or the Ramsdens Cup has.

They're not your typical sponsor of a football cup, though, as I assume their customers will typically be companies and organisations, rather than your average punter / individual? People normally sponsor a cup to increase the profile of their product or premises to boost sales - e.g. Drybroughs, CIS Insurance, Bells, Bank of Scotland, Irn-Bru, Ramsdens, B&Q, Skol, Coca Cola, Tennents, William Hill were all promoting their goods/outlets.

So it's an interesting one: what's their motivation?

They do offshore training, they do it for companies or for any individual wishing to do the training.

EDIT - Granted, that's not targeting your "average punter" but you get my point.

Aye, I know... but naming a cup is typically the sort of thing you do to get more punters to buy your beer, or visit your shops. Not to get more oil firms to give you contracts to train their staff.

So it's not a sector I associate with this sort of sponsorship.

Aye, I know... but naming a cup is typically the sort of thing you do to get more punters to buy your beer, or visit your shops. Not to get more oil firms to give you contracts to train their staff.

Football Snob ^ ^ ^ ;)

I don't know what all your fuss about the sponsor is surely someone sponsoring it is better than no one. This seems to be quite a big company involved. The oil industry is one of Scotland's biggest business sectors so what's wrong from a company in that field getting involved in football.

As someone else (Dumbarton fan I think) mentioned they train folk to work in the North Sea football fans amongst others will go for these type of jobs it will let them know that this is one of the companies who can train them.

Oil related companies sponsoring things in Scottish football is nothing new.

Archived