Euro Election May 22nd.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lib Dems finish a distant 6th in North Ayrshire, with less than half the votes of the fifth-placed Greens. Complete obliteration on an atomic level now.

SNP won as is now standard, not that the BBC would be interested in that.

From a quick flick through the individual council results (excluding W Isles), am I correct in saying that the SNP won the majority, were 2nd in a minority and were only pushed into 3rd in Dumfries & Galloway & East Ren?

The SNP "won" with about 10% less share of the vote than the polls suggested and failed to gain any seats.

its an okay night for the SNP as a party, but a DISASTER for yes Scotland

:lol:

I hardly heard anything about the SNP in the run up to this, no point in wasting your effort on an election they won without even breaking a sweat. All the news will be about the referendum in the run up to that. How do all the seats work out now with regards the results all declared save the Western Isles?

You'd be forgiven for thinking, courtesy of the BBC's 'regional' results update there, that Labour had actually won the vote. As it is, another canter to victory for the SNP - one party state now IMO.

pleasing.jpg

ibdrCPyUMccTMv.gif

c.30% all hail the new political new order.

c.30% disaster, all round poor night.

BBC seem to think SNP 3rd seat still possible, glorious, nae sensational, should that happen. Imagine SNP will top W. Isles 40% at least going by past two Scottish Parliament vote, just depends how UKIP do there.

Notice the BBC listing the seats as Labour - 2, SNP - 2 etc. cheeky fuckers.

You'd be forgiven for thinking, courtesy of the BBC's 'regional' results update there, that Labour had actually won the vote. As it is, another canter to victory for a party for the SNP - one party state now IMO.

Aye. You would wonder why the party that is practically certain to finish second would be placed in the apparent first place.

Would I be accused of wearing my tinfoil hat if I suggested bias?

That Tory South-East speech should be replayed oh, 1 million times before September. They really do represent an entirely different nation all the way down there.

Archived