Euro Election May 22nd.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify my comments about the coalition and UKIP outpolling the SNP or Labour, I didn't mean the two combined.

The the seethe from Scottish Nationalism is precious.

The the?? Soul MIning is a fantastic album

Anyway no seethe here,arent the sitting party in power meant to get a kicking in the euros/council elections??

Not many voters in Glasgow it seems. Do we know who won the actual EP seats up here yet?

We are still waiting on the western isles

but it will be

Snp 2

Lab 2

Tory 1

loonies 1

Not many voters in Glasgow it seems. Do we know who won the actual EP seats up here yet?

I did think that, is it a misprint?

The seats will be announced when the Western Isles set fire to the wicker man they have used as ballot boxes.

The rise of far-right nutters on top of what's happening in the Ukraine etc genuinely is a bit worrying. :unsure:

This. Why the f**k would anyone in Scotland potentially subject themselves to a UKIP/Conservative coalition? I can genuinely see many people leaving Scotland if we vote no and UKIP get to a relative position of power in Westminster.

Ukip,s rise is the Yes camp,s opportunity.

They are basically a Tory party purged of all wets & one nation conservatives. The sort of bitter malcontents where Norman Tebbit would be considered a moderate.

The Lib Dem vote has irretrievably collapsed & come 2015 will likely go to Labour but I don't think that will be enough to see off the Tories.

Vote No, vote for a Tory govt driven to the right to compete with Farage,s populist demagoguery.

Any lingering doubts I had about a 'Yes' vote have been swept away by these results tonight. How can anyone vote for UKIP? Time to go on our own me thinks.

Pleasing.

Hopefully Labour stroking their chubbies at UKIP getting a seat will be worth a few more votes in the days to come.

I'm not seeing the Highland results on that Scotsman link:

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/elections/europeanparliamentaryelections/euroelectionresults2014.htm

Party/Individual Votes cast

Britain First 755

British National Party 435

Conservative Party 9,088

Labour Party 9,163

Liberal Democrats 12,189

NO2EU 294

Scottish Green Party 5,615

Scottish National Party (SNP) 19,810

UK Independence Party (UKIP) 7,818

Total votes cast 65,307 Number of Ballot Papers rejected 136 Turn out 36.3%

I'm not seeing the Highland results on that Scotsman link:

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/elections/europeanparliamentaryelections/euroelectionresults2014.htm

Party/Individual Votes cast

Britain First 755

British National Party 435

Conservative Party 9,088

Labour Party 9,163

Liberal Democrats 12,189

NO2EU 294

Scottish Green Party 5,615

Scottish National Party (SNP) 19,810

UK Independence Party (UKIP) 7,818

Total votes cast 65,307 Number of Ballot Papers rejected 136 Turn out 36.3%

I'm surprised at how well the Lib Dems did in Highland.

SNP topped Angus, followed by the Tories, then Labour and then UKIP. No real surprises there.

For a party that has been the main opposition for 4 years, with a very unpopular government, for Labour to win just one more seat than the Tories seems fairly poor.

Looks like the only real way Labour could be saved next year is if Tories are pushed out of marginal seats by a high percentage UKIP vote.

Any lingering doubts I had about a 'Yes' vote have been swept away by these results tonight. How can anyone vote for UKIP? Time to go on our own me thinks.

Disaffected white settlers, who traditionally vote Tory?

Terry Butcher's probably one of them.

My missus and her family have been ardent BetterTogether supporters up until the news that UKIP would be getting a foothold in Scotland and the results in England. They've reluctantly admitted that the way forward is Yes.

Election nights for politicians just seems to be about skewing any figures you can to try and make thinsg look like a small vocitry or less of a defeat. It's pathetic.

Helluva lot of politicians on P&B then

Archived