The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

All quiet on the takeover front?

Only against County and obviously the red was a bit unlucky/stupid but some promising touches from Arquin on Saturday, especially the link up play with Kenny. I would play Ball up top on Wednesday probably rather than pushing Kenny forward.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presuming it's unsuccessful, will be me out for the game vs us?

I believe so yes.

Was confident this would be overturned until last night's hatchet job on Sportscene, now I think they'll deny it.

Shame, as there are tackles worse than this in every game that don't get yellows let alone reds.

I hope Saints appeal though focuses on the facts and laws of the game rather than what Pat Bonnar and Jonathan Sutherland think.

Not dangerous, not reckless, not wilful.

Clumsy perhaps, and catches a player kicking through the ball.

Certainly nowhere near as bad as this yellow card offence from last week.

post-5405-0-79729300-1421693155_thumb.jp

What's the weather been like in Paisley? I take it the pitch is covered and someone's put 50p in the meter for the undersoil heating?

Don't think that would be enough to cover the undersoil heating to be honest.

And we probably pay by direct debit - it's a lot cheaper. You should check it out.

If I were you I'd stay at home and watch it on the TV.

As a season ticket holder, sadly, I'll be there. :(

You know it's not in the t&c's of your season ticket that you must attend every match? You can stay at home as well.

Seems like a waste of money appealing that red card unless they just want him available for the midweek game. You'd have to question the sanity of the appeal panel if they decide that wasn't a red card offence from Arquin.

What's Stephen McGinn like then lads? The Star (I know, I know) has us as being after him on a loan deal.

Good player, not as good as his brother John though.

Last I heard we were trying to hijack your loan deal to bring him back to Paisley.

Good player, not as good as his brother John though.

Last I heard we were trying to hijack your loan deal to bring him back to Paisley.

We've enough CMs as it is and ones that I wouldn't like to see dropped so I'd be happy enough if that were true.

What's Stephen McGinn like then lads? The Star (I know, I know) has us as being after him on a loan deal.

Been years since we have seen him play. Was tidy on the ball, kept possession well and could score a goal or two. Seems to have had a few injury problems , don't know if that's hampered him.

Seems like a waste of money appealing that red card unless they just want him available for the midweek game. You'd have to question the sanity of the appeal panel if they decide that wasn't a red card offence from Arquin.

Absolutely. Imagine disagreeing with football luminaries and refreeing gods like Paddy Bonnar, Michael Stewart, Jonathan Sutherland and Matt Northcroft (pinnacle of his career has been to referee to Highland League Cup Finals).

Yeah, you can't go against those kind of reputations.

You would have to question the sanity of the appeal panel if the decision isn't rescinded.

NEVER a red card!!

We've enough CMs as it is and ones that I wouldn't like to see dropped so I'd be happy enough if that were true.

Paul Hartley will certainly remember him, scored against Celtic after Billy Mehmet breezed past the aforementioned Hartley to get the solitary point we've came away from Parkhead with since we got promoted in 2006. A terrible, terrible record and Eddie Smith is still a cheating fud. McGinn is a good player, will improve the Dundee midfield.

Archived