The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, nice try at wriggling out of it though. Deefiant has your post quoted and dated in his signature to the 4th August.

He does? Fucking hell :lol:

You signed no one after the fourth of August then?

Lex, on 23 May 2015 - 15:06, said:

He does? Fucking hell :lol:

You signed no one after the fourth of August then?

No, we didn't sign 'half our players' after then.

No, we didn't sign 'half our players' after then.

For what it's worth, from memory, the last of Dundee's summer signings were Tank and Konrad and I'm sure they signed late July after City game.

Haven't checked that though.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/st-mirren/1321390-in-full-ian-murray-outlines-his-ambitions-and-vision-for-st-mirren/

Five minute interview with STV there. Apart from repeatedly referring to the 'SPL' he comes across very well really, especially when compared to our last few managers.

I do think his assistant will be a key appointment. I have no idea who is available in that regard, but I think we really want someone who's got experience of full time management and a decent contact book along side him.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Teale and Longwell next week, I assume they'll both leave.

We could have the Paisley Eddie Howe or we could have the Paisley Eddie May, I have no idea. Either way, I'm quite looking forward to the fun and games that's surely to follow.

Oh my days, I think I'm in love! First time for many a year I've seen a coherent, sensible interview from a saints manager!! No referring to himself in the third person, no long stareouts with the interviewer and no 'as I says' ad infinitum! The worlds going mad I tells ya!

Oh my days, I think I'm in love! First time for many a year I've seen a coherent, sensible interview from a saints manager!! No referring to himself in the third person, no long stareouts with the interviewer and no 'as I says' ad infinitum! The worlds going mad I tells ya!

Agreed. If he could just stop pronouncing words like 'three' as 'free', he'd be perfect. But then I'm really splitting hairs.

Agreed. If he could just stop pronouncing words like 'three' as 'free', he'd be perfect. But then I'm really splitting hairs.

Get us free points most Saturdays, and the dapper Mr Murray can have the threedom of Paisley.

It`s not as bad as Yogi`s version of three ... "sree" :)

To be fair, big Yogi talks as if he was deaf and got one of those cochlear implants when he was about 14, then had to have intense speech therapy.

To be fair, big Yogi talks as if he was deaf and got one of those cochlear implants when he was about 14, then had to have intense speech therapy.

That and a badly fitting set of wallies I reckon.

• 6 months later...

Excellent appointment. Better manager than Hartley IMO and he's overdue his move to full-time football. The difference he made to that team in 12/13 was absolutely ridiculous and that he's kept them in the Championship since is hugely impressive. The suggestion that he's the cheap inexperienced option is hilarious: he's the most experienced and most successful manager you've had since Hendrie (and even that's arguable as Murray has at least managed in the division you're going to be playing in, Hendrie hadn't when he got the job).

There were St. Mirren fans talking about consecutive relegations if you got this appointment wrong: there's really no chance you're failing to make the top four with Murray.

No longer looking forward to the derbies so much...

^^^Despicably bad at judging managerial appointments

Archived