The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Disappointing to see Dilo go. As there's no chance we'll have three goalkeepers.

But we're already better equipped for goalies for the coming season compared to last season, which is only good.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite disappointed at that TBH, Dilo is an exceptional young keeper and one that had a good chance of pushing kello out the team. Not sure Ridgers can. Hopefully it works out though and he proves to be as useful as Dilo.

Welcome to the club.

Quite disappointed at that TBH, Dilo is an exceptional young keeper and one that had a good chance of pushing kello out the team. Not sure Ridgers can. Hopefully it works out though and he proves to be as useful as Dilo.

Welcome to the club.

Might be a case that Dilo indicated he wasn't staying, so Kello recommended Ridgers who he knew from his Hearts days?

Certainly not a Cornell-esque signing - looks a reasonably good back up option.

Excellent back up keeper. Delighted with the way Tommy's handling things so far, he's not made a mistake yet.

Tough one for the club.

Dilo would have been pushing for a starting berth, but the opportunity of keeping Kello was not one to be passed up.

Dilo might have done well to stick around as he would have developed further while at the club, but you can appreciate why he would prefer to move on and secure 1st team action and/or a bigger pay packet elsewhere.

Anyway, welcome to the club, Mark.

Welcome to the club.

Dilo has had his head turned by his agent, which is fair enough. He will get a better deal than we would be willing to offer a number 2.

Ridgers is an ex Scotland u21 internationalist and a few of the Jambos I've spoken to were surprised to see him let go. He'll do as a number 2.

Excellent back up keeper. Delighted with the way Tommy's handling things so far, he's not made a mistake yet.

I'd agree with this.

Given the goalkeeping debacle of last close-season, it is encouraging to have this critical area of the squad nailed down already.

Dilo has had his head turned by his agent, which is fair enough. He will get a better deal than we would be willing to offer a number 2.

Ridgers is an ex Scotland u21 internationalist and a few of the Jambos I've spoken to were surprised to see him let go. He'll do as a number 2.

He's decent, very good shot stopper, but his handling and command of the box isn't the best. That said, that would come with experience but so far that's been limited at 1st team level and at 23 I thought he'd have been looking to play regularly rather than remain back up.

He's decent, very good shot stopper, but his handling and command of the box isn't the best. That said, that would come with experience but so far that's been limited at 1st team level and at 23 I thought he'd have been looking to play regularly rather than remain back up.

Kello has signed a one year deal with us, so Ridgers might well get his chance in the No.1 shirt in due course. Kello is a good keeper to be an understudy to, so I think, on balance, this could be a good bit of business for all parties.

Interestingly, the description you provide of Ridgers' attributes sounds similar to how I would describe Dilo.

Kello had a few knocks towards the end of the season, so there's plenty of scope for first team football.

Quite happy with that signing tbh. He will definitely do a job if called upon.

Dilo seems to be away which is a shame but more than adequate replacement IMO. Dilo did have lots of promise and probably wants to play every week, which is fair enough.

As echoed, a shame that Dilo seems to be on his way. Ridgers is a decent signing as back-up though. Certainly better than Grant Adam or David Cornell levels of goalkeeper.

Can't really comment on Adam apart from he apparently loved the bookies.

But Cornell wasn't really that bad. Buffon would have struggled with the way that our defence started the season. What was it 11 goals in 4 games that we conceded?

I expect Ridgers to actually start a fair amount, Kello picked up a fair amount of knocks over such a short time.

I think Dilo fits the profile for Ross County at the moment. They've released Michael Fraser, have kept Mark Brown as a GK/coach and will be in the market for someone to challenge Brown.

If he didn't want to be back up to Kello in the cosmopolitan metropolis that is Paisley, why would he want to be back-up to Brown way up among the savages?

Does.

Not.

Compute.

If he didn't want to be back up to Kello in the cosmopolitan metropolis that is Paisley, why would he want to be back-up to Brown way up among the savages?

Does.

Not.

Compute.

Riches. He wants the Northmen's riches.

Archived