The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGregor to have medical at sevco tomorrow... Expecting him to sign before the end of the week.

Hell mend him.

Can't blame him if he's getting offered ridiculous amounts of money playing for a much bigger club. Would have been nice if he stayed but in all honesty we won't miss him as much as we would have before his injuries.

His partnership with Cheesy made me feel very uneasy at times in the 2nd half of the season. Heres hoping we make up for the lack of centre backs signed in DL's term. We'll be needing 2 by the looks of it.

I see from social media a few fans are pissed off we have signed 3 keepers but i'm happy TC has sorted out this position very quick. Saints fans have very short memories. Last season we started off with 2 young keepers. Cornells confidence took a battering pre-season and it was obvious we were in trouble in that department. Ridgers seems to be a very able back up keeper and the Watford boy is obviously 1 for the future. Seems my fear about Dilo was correct. He wants first team football at his age, I cant see him getting a team bigger than ourselves giving him the opportunity.

Lets hope he is working from the back as now the vacant centre back position is crucial. Cheesy needs someone who will keep him focused all game and needs tobe the dominater. Someone like Micheal Duberry would be ideal. Experienced head whos been there, seen it and done it. Thommo and Teale must have good contacts from down South.

Ridgers at CB> McPake.

No mate, that is pure guesswork. Response invalid.

I'd rather have Heather Mills (sans wooden leg) at the back, than James McPake, to be perfectly honest.

No mate, that's not being perfectly honest, that's being silly. Also, she wouldn't be able to play as per the laws of the game as she is a female woman.

No mate, that is pure guesswork. Response invalid.

No mate, that's not being perfectly honest, that's being silly. Also, she wouldn't be able to play as per the laws of the game as she is a female woman.

Female woman... What else do u get in Dundee?

Surprising - wonder what kind of terms they offered him. Im guessing its more than us as I doubt he joined them for purely "footballing reasons"!

What other teams were in for him?

I really like Stevenson as a player and would have deffo added to our squad.

Surprising - wonder what kind of terms they offered him. Im guessing its more than us as I doubt he joined them for purely "footballing reasons"!

Agreed.

Very disappointed we never managed to sign him. I suppose we will need to wait and find out but maybe TC has a plan ;)

They offered him a 2 year deal, we offered him 1. That simple really.

It's the same reason Harkins joined us instead of Motherwell last year. When you're at Stevo's age and your fitness is in question you want as much security as possible.

They offered him a 2 year deal, we offered him 1. That simple really.

It's the same reason Harkins joined us instead of Motherwell last year. When you're at Stevo's age and your fitness is in question you want as much security as possible.

Never realised that.

Fair play - canny blame him really.

Thought their would have been more meltdowns . Only a couple on FB.

Disappointed we didn't get Stevenson but not gutted. Maybe more disappointed he has went to a rival but I always trust the club when it comes to offering out contracts/wages. We won't break our bank for anyone .

Onwards and upwards :unsure2: .

It's amazing. After his debut season, I'd have been in utter dismay at this happening.

Now though, with 2 bad injuries and a lot of lost ability, I'm pretty glad to see him go.

Aye. I'm relieved we won't have to watch him and McAusland play next to each other any more.

The partner for Cheesy is vital. Probably need to sign another for back up too.

Archived