The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So for the purposes of the tape - you're saying it was McGowan HIMSELF, who told you personally that in his opinion him signing for Dundee represented a step backwards for him, career wise?

Please confirm because to be honest I don't even think Lex would believe you otherwise.

I'm absolutely gutted you don't believe me.

Nah a striker was in having a medical this morning.

I can't remember if Div tweeted that we might hear something about that at the end of June or July. Was one or the other.

I wouldn't get your hopes up mate.

I can't remember if Div tweeted that we might hear something about that at the end of June or July. Was one or the other.

One of the loan signings perhaps that have been mentioned?

Are we using the same quack that passed Granny Danger & EDD? :bag

Div announce on twitter about an hour ago saying the rumours of a player having a medical today is untrue.

Div announce on twitter about an hour ago saying the rumours of a player having a medical today is untrue.

Yeah just read that. Oh well!

General consensus from guys that appear to be "ITK" is we'll see some activity this week.

Not long to go now :/.

Yeah just read that. Oh well!

General consensus from guys that appear to be "ITK" is we'll see some activity this week.

Not long to go now :/.

Yeah would hope we will do some business this week. Not long until pre season so would hope we would start assembling a team pretty soon.

I imagine/hope that a lot of current attention will be on holding on to McGinn/McLean. Once they have them they will know what players they need and what budget. For example if we were to sell then we would have a bigger budget and so could invest in better players. No point going crazy at the moment.

Although: FFS get a centre back in or 3.

There comes a point where we are going to have to tell McLean to take it or leave it.

How long do you think we will give him? I hope we are working on alternatives at the moment in the likely event that he does leave

There comes a point where we are going to have to tell McLean to take it or leave it.

How long do you think we will give him? I hope we are working on alternatives at the moment in the likely event that he does leave

He's out of contract next Monday , only Bournemouth have made him a firm offer. There's a two year deal with a release clause on the table for him at Paisley !

I just walked past Jim Goodwin and his rather pleasant looking wife/ bird outside Amarone on Buchanan Street in Glasgow.

He didn't even try to bring me down. I'm impressed.

Archived