Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, Aberdeen 'deserved' it more :lol:

Shocking lack of humility from most of the Dons fans.

I did say they deserved it?

The "just about" refers to them scoring a 93rd minute goal to go 2nd on the last day, I don't know if you noticed but that's not exactly an imperious way to go about finishing 2nd.

As a United fan, do you think they deserved to finish 2nd when you pumped them twice?

Having seen the highlights again, I'm even more positive it wasn't a foul on clangers. Sutton clearly has his eyes on the ball. Langfield rushes out and keech's his drawers at the mere sight of going into a challenge with big handsome. No one even appealed not even langfield. For whatever reason everyone apart from reynolds and kerr stopped playing.

Couldn't have imagined a better ending, must have been like someone booting you in the baws with a pair of steely dans when that ball nestled in the net. Certainly makes up for all the questionable decisions they have got over the past few seasons. Hope Anderson, McInnes & Reynolds enjoyed it!!!

I did say they deserved it?

The "just about" refers to them scoring a 93rd minute goal to go 2nd on the last day, I don't know if you noticed but that's not exactly an imperious way to go about finishing 2nd.

As a United fan, do you think they deserved to finish 2nd when you pumped them twice?

You didn't say they deserved it, you said they just about deserved it, clearly implying that 'someone else' deserved it more.

As a United fan, yes, I think they fully deserved to finish 2nd after a 38 game league format. Aberdeen's form hasn't exactly been imperious, has it?

What I especially loved about the goal was big Keith stealing about 40 yards for the free kick XD

That's what had me foaming at the mouth almost more than Suttons elbow on Clangers. But as others have said losses to Hearts and our poor form at the end of the season is what cost us. Not the ref being incredibly weak then blind for the last 2 minutes.

Well done the 'well, that's a couple of times you've mugged us at home and if I had to choose anyone to be robbed by it would be you. Brilliant away support, the scenes and celebrations richly deserved for a set of fans who always turn up and put the effort in.

Look forward to seeing them celebrate at the presentation of the second place trophy, must be a great feeling to get some silverware at the end of such a successful season. What's that, no trophy you say? Oops, how awkward for you.

The referee gave motherwell 2 more points than they came for and 3 more than they deserved. Was pretty disappointed with them today as they needed to win but opted to park the bus and it made for an awful game to watch.

How the ref misses that foul on Langfield is incredible.

tumblr_li3z3aJeWO1qdwgfko1_500.gif

That was a sore one alright.

Well done Motherwell, no complaints from me. If you can't even close out a draw, at home, on the last game of the season then you get all you deserve.

I've not been able to watch the highlights yet but it look like a foul on Clangers. No idea what the f**k he was doing standing there though. Motherwell offered nothing to that game but they are very effective side. Brutal to watch, but effective.

We had all the possession but did very little with it.

A frustrating end to an otherwise great season.

Just shows how solid we started the season in that we only gained two wins from our final eight league games yet we will finish 10 points clear in 3rd.

I see some sellick fans were too busy posting on Pie and Bovril about Aberdeen while their club lifted the league title :lol:

And of course the other usual obsessive suspects :rolleyes:

Do some of you just spend your entire lives on the internet? :1eye

Roll on next season, a trip to Gibraltar for a start would do nicely.

The referee gave motherwell 2 more points than they came for and 3 more than they deserved. Was pretty disappointed with them today as they needed to win but opted to park the bus and it made for an awful game to watch.

How the ref misses that foul on Langfield is incredible.

foozb.jpg

I must admit, I'd rather finish 3rd in the league having won the League Cup than finish 2nd with no trophy.

^^^ Kens the score

Deliberately didn't post yesterday in case it ended up an irate rant.

Firstly congrat's to Motherwell. Got the job done. Far from pretty but won ugly. I think I've seen them have about 3 shots in 2 games at Pittodrie this season and bagged 6 points. There's a lesson in that for AFC.

Also the Well fans were good yesterday. Be good if they could take those numbers with them more often.

With their home crowds best of the rest really is a great achievement.

The Dons yesterday?

Same story as many games this season. Can't beat teams who turn up to not play to attack. A bit one dimensional. Shown in the fact we've beaten United 3 times and Celtic twice as those teams have a go.

To be fair most of the players have been dead on their feet for weeks. Can see a few changes in summer as Derek obviously has no faith in his subs or he'd have used them more.

Also a bit of advice to Mcginn and Jack, f****n shoot FFS!!!

Our manager has only had 2 transfer windows and the progress has been as good as any of us could've hoped for.

If we look back there have been many highlights this year;

Beating Celtic twice, one at Tattiedome

Beating Well away with 10 men

Winning the cup with 43k fans there

Finishing 6 places better than last year

Owning Dundee United

Far bigger attendances

A more together club

Seen some great goals

Something to really play for on the last day of the season other than a drab game in the bottom half.

The Ref?

It's either incompetence, laziness or dishonesty but we'll never know as these guys close rank and never let the paying punter know the thinking behind the decisions. As such they're pretty much unaccountable.

After being at the game I went home and watched the goal again to get a second look before ranting. Everything I thought about the build up and the goal were confirmed.

I'd love it if every ref had to give an interview an hour after a game, may then put pressure on themselves to perform better.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree there was a foul on the keeper, but there was a tug on Hutchinson's shirt first so really we should have had a penalty. Don't think interviewing referees is a good idea to be honest as everyone who admits a mistake will then be brandished incompetent by the press and put more pressure on them.

Archived