Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

Motherwell scored 11 more goals than Aberdeen over the course of the season and they won 2 more games than Aberdeen; I'd suggest that is why they deservedly finished second

Derek McInnes should be looking at those statistics and figuring out how to put them right because that inability to 'put teams away' has certainly cost Aberdeen second, any chance of winning the Big Cup and very nearly lost them the LC Final too; if he doesn't AFC's chances of *improving* next season will be severely limited.

Didn;t St Johnstone fans warn that McInnes is too cautious?

Story of the last 15 seasons and more that! Lack of penetration against teams who park the bus at Pittodrie has been a killer. Most of it is due to our own lack of direct, quick, on the deck attacking play. That's been what I have bemoaned most this season and a fault of ours. Motherwell have been a model of consistency at Fir Park, we haven't been at Pittodrie.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feck me that hurt.

But....... 'Well had a game plan and they carried it out to the letter and got the result (would I be be-atching if we did it to them, would I feck).

The goal was the icing on the cake, but there was a lot happening at the time and I don't really blame the ref for missing any potential foul (I'm nae even sure it was a foul), and add to that, I've always felt keepers have been too molly-coddled, so no real grumbles for me.

Where I was fuming was with the linesman for the Pawlet offside.... Now that was laughable!

All that having been said, the table shows 'Well in second, so well done to 'Well. They are a beautifully disciplined side, that gets results.

I think people dismiss how difficult it has been this season to come to Pittodrie and take all the points and 'Well have done it twice.

All in all, I'm delighted with Aberdeen's season. At one point I was dreaming of a double! :) It was not to be :( but a cup and europe will do.

Yours

aDONis

Has to be said, couldn't be more delighted that the referee let Reid bang it in, rather that give us a penalty, I think my head might've exploded if I'd had to watch that.

Before the game my Wife and kids asked me why I hated him so much - I said he was a cheat and they laughed and said he looked like a nice guy. By half time my 8 year old was wanting to punch Lasley in the face (his exact words) - which is the response a that cheating diving excuse for a player seems to get everywhere.

:lol: !!

Great to see Motherwell getting second place. What are the benefits of finishing second rather than finishing third?

About quarter of a million quid, but far more importantly Bragging Rights which no amount of money can buy

post-31805-0-89215800-1399827862_thumb.j

Great result. Sweet way to win, esph after all the decisions they have benefited from against us this season. Got away with the blatant hand ball goal in January when McLean was ref in that game. So happy i went along today to witness that. Stadium emptied post haste it must be said lol.

About quarter of a million quid, but far more importantly Bragging Rights which no amount of money can buy

And a seethe free sunday which wont be widespread in the north east this evening :D

Just back in and just about dried off.

It was a blatant foul on Langfield but no more so that Anderson handball and assault at Fir Park that cost us 3 points.

Dons were the better side by some distance in the 1st half with the wind in their favour. A bit more even in the 2nd half.

If it is any consolation I would take 3rd and a trophy over 2nd any day of the week. Still to finish best of the rest for 3 seasons in a row is a phenomenal acheivement.

Just back in and just about dried off.

It was a blatant foul on Langfield but no more so that Anderson handball and assault at Fir Park that cost us 3 points.

Dons were the better side by some distance in the 1st half with the wind in their favour. A bit more even in the 2nd half.

If it is any consolation I would take 3rd and a trophy over 2nd any day of the week. Still to finish best of the rest for 3 seasons in a row is a phenomenal acheivement.

I really, really hope McCall wins a cup before he departs 'well, it would be an absolute fucking tragedy if there isn't a piece of hardware to show for his efforts

All joking and celebrating aside, I'm stunned that the referee didn't blow for a foul against Sutton.

However, throw in the pull back on Hutchinson, the hand ball by Reynolds and the foul by Kerr on Reynolds, I'd say it evened itself out in the end. :P

On top of that, the picture above reminds everyone of when Anderson punched it into the net at Fir Park in January in the 95th minute. So, we got one back.

A superb achievement to finish runners-up in consecutive seasons. Aberdeen have had a great season too. 3rd spot, a return to Europe and a major trophy is a huge improvement on what the fans been served up in recent years.

See what happens when you don't steal our managers!?

I'm looking forward to next season already, Aberdeen aren't going anywhere soon.

All joking and celebrating aside, I'm stunned that the referee didn't blow for a foul against Sutton.

However, throw in the pull back on Hutchinson, the hand ball by Reynolds and the foul by Kerr on Reynolds, I'd say it evened itself out in the end. :P

On top of that, the picture above reminds everyone of when Anderson punched it into the net at Fir Park in January in the 95th minute. So, we got one back.

A superb achievement to finish runners-up in consecutive seasons. Aberdeen have had a great season too. 3rd spot, a return to Europe and a major trophy is a huge improvement on what the fans been served up in recent years.

See what happens when you don't steal our managers!?

I'm looking forward to next season already, Aberdeen aren't going anywhere soon.

Yeh I reckon we should thank aberdeen for challenging us in the race for the 'best of rest' title this season. It really was getting a bit monotonous strolling it so easily as we did in the two years before.

Archived