Clyde Fc 2014-15

Ever post anything without slagging the chairman?

Herald report was like manna from heaven for you.

If the chairperson earns it he gets it. He has misled supporters for his own interest. He has built a group around him that ensure he has freedom to do as he wants. Clyde have proved that a supporters model does not work. Snipits given to the support, details released by unofficial routes before the support find out.

Herald report is good as I understand that the chairman is still working for his dream move. This makes it more difficult. Maybe if he was prepared to work with other organisations a more traditional solution would have been found.

As for you, you dont matter you not due another visit to a queens establishment.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owners have had the following "updates" on the official site's Q&A section in the last couple of days.

Q. Do we have a date for the EGM yet?[/size]A. Nothing definitive as yet, but looking at middle/end of May 2015.[/size]Q. Any update on the stadium move yet[/size]A. Discussions still actively progressing on various fronts.[/size]

Inspiring stuff, I'm sure you will agree, and well worth paying the "ownership" fee for. Pretty clear from the subservience of large sections of "owners" that there is very little appetite to do anything about removing the name change or influencing the Board in any way. I did try a poll on the owners board with a view to calling an EGM and having a vote on the name change but there was insufficient interest.

The idea of fan ownership is fine in itself, however it is never going to engage people at a time when the whole experience of supporting a club is downright depressing. The quality of football is rotten, the match atmosphere quiet, the stadium experience poor, the results disappointing, and the hope and expectation knocked out of many by years of underachievement.

If people cannot be bothered attending the actual game, then they are not going to get engaged in the peripheral administration and governance. That leaves the work to be done by the very few motivated, and often like-minded individuals. That in itself can lead to more of the same, and the direction continues.

Then there are those who are members but who aren't capable of doing anything different. They will go along with the direction and processes to avoid the need for taking responsibility.

I don't know the answer to the malaise, and I suspect few do. I hope someone does or the beep, beep, beep of the life support will eventually flatline.

One thing we can all do without is the personal attacks which the frustration engenders.

The article is kosher, and appears to fit the missing piece of what was being put up by individuals, alongside the £££ for it to progress. Two or three i know had been searching for the minutes of Kean's meetings with messrs Chalmers and McCann since 2012, and the original alleged approach. What is crystal.clear, and was put to JA repeatedly after the Arbroath home match, is the lack of conviction in executing the responsibility that has been accepted. This is either down to to too many burnt bridges in search of leaving Broadwood (also denied), or handing the power of 'ownership' around like a female warder's gusset in the jail as it suits to protect its USP. It's pretty difficult for things not to become personal when (a majority of) inactive panhandlers on the CIC are clearly flouting their responsibility to the club every bit as much as the chairman.

If the chairperson earns it he gets it. He has misled supporters for his own interest. He has built a group around him that ensure he has freedom to do as he wants. Clyde have proved that a supporters model does not work. Snipits given to the support, details released by unofficial routes before the support find out.

Herald report is good as I understand that the chairman is still working for his dream move. This makes it more difficult. Maybe if he was prepared to work with other organisations a more traditional solution would have been found.

As for you, you dont matter you not due another visit to a queens establishment.

Aye, probably for GBH and for you go back to making the tea in the newsroom.

The Herald Report isn't really anything new other than the fine details of emails.

There's a planned development which would cost several millions of pounds to complete, but it's being held back by the council looking for approximately another £100k to buy the land. In that context, it seems strange why EKCT haven't just paid it rather than what seems like employing tactics to put pressure on the council publicly just to accept their offer. Especially at a time all councils had their budgets cut with redundancies and cuts in services, how could they be seen to accept an offer which is under market value?

Clyde were obviously criticised for owing North Lanarkshire & in effect the local taxpayer, so i don't see how the above would be viewed differently.

But anyway that's for them to deal with, the situation's outwith Clyde's control.

The Herald Report isn't really anything new other than the fine details of emails.

There's a planned development which would cost several millions of pounds to complete, but it's being held back by the council looking for approximately another £100k to buy the land. In that context, it seems strange why EKCT haven't just paid it rather than what seems like employing tactics to put pressure on the council publicly just to accept their offer. Especially at a time all councils had their budgets cut with redundancies and cuts in services, how could they be seen to accept an offer which is under market value?

Clyde were obviously criticised for owing North Lanarkshire & in effect the local taxpayer, so i don't see how the above would be viewed differently.

But anyway that's for them to deal with, the situation's outwith Clyde's control.

The last word is key. Control appears to be a four-letter word among the circles in which those charged with finding a home move. But inaction in that front is almost always laid at the door of 'The Owners', and in my opinion, for one plausible, and two very bad, reasons. Cannibal was castigated for pointing out that a directive on the namechange was tantamount to an order to instruction. Thats the plausible bit, and one which was easy for the club to hide behind if it had been pushed through by now. The bad, as far as i can see, is that operating on a match by match basis, isn't a situation that is being addressed even remotely urgently, and that is highly likely due to a) fear to get off the pot, and act as the custodians they are supposed to be, rsther than await further instruction; otherwise, we'll still be here in five years having the same bloody discussion which none of us still agree on, and b) failure to deliver on EK remaining a resignation issue. Or.....we could stay and fight for our home of twenty years.

The last word is key. Control appears to be a four-letter word among the circles in which those charged with finding a home move. But inaction in that front is almost always laid at the door of 'The Owners', and in my opinion, for one plausible, and two very bad, reasons. Cannibal was castigated for pointing out that a directive on the namechange was tantamount to an order to instruction. Thats the plausible bit, and one which was easy for the club to hide behind if it had been pushed through by now. The bad, as far as i can see, is that operating on a match by match basis, isn't a situation that is being addressed even remotely urgently, and that is highly likely due to a) fear to get off the pot, and act as the custodians they are supposed to be, rsther than await further instruction; otherwise, we'll still be here in five years having the same bloody discussion which none of us still agree on, and b) failure to deliver on EK remaining a resignation issue. Or.....we could stay and fight for our home of twenty years.

Understand what you mean. IIRC the name issue was going to be formally dealt with by members at the next EGM estimated to be mid - late May

Was there not also something from the Board themselves saying that as the delay on the EK end went beyond the period agreed, then t&c's were null & void anyway on that basis? In other words they could only have a mandate to negotiate providing the move, or some level of progress happened within 2 years? Could easily be wrong, but I thought that's what they were suggesting

Either way, after the last 2 years who'd seriously suggest that term should still apply even if EKCT & SLC sort out their differences

I was referring to attacks on each other, not club reps.

Apologies if I'm simplistically picking this up wrong, but are you saying that it's ok to have personal attacks on those running the club, but fans - whether they be awol, arses from afar, kid on or perennial pissers and moaners, or Lord forbid those who actually go to games, should not attack each other?(verbally of course)

Shettleston juniors next year .... Grass for one season then being changed to astro! You heard it here !

Isn't it the ground just up the road from the Juniors, a youth team or something like that? That's been doing the rounds for a few months now

Sounds em....let's wait for an official announcement

Apologies if I'm simplistically picking this up wrong, but are you saying that it's ok to have personal attacks on those running the club, but fans - whether they be awol, arses from afar, kid on or perennial pissers and moaners, or Lord forbid those who actually go to games, should not attack each other?(verbally of course)

Interpret it any way that suits you.

When was the last time that the Keans declared what THEY want to do? As far as I know, they bought the EK Thistle social club...which might or might not be relevant, and they are obviously close to the EK trust that is hosting EKFC at Calderglen. I think that they are Clyde fans, but maybe developing EKFC is a better bet for them in terms of getting a team in the SPFL that they could have an influence over...if that is what they're after. Feck me, a wee read at some of the Clyde threads on here would scare most people off getting involved with the Bully Wee.

Edited to add: when we were turfed out of Hampden for the Commonwealth Games, we were apparently told that we had to move to a senior ground, so we couldn't share with Pollok, for example. If that's true, then any move to Shettleston for Clyde isn't as simple as it might seem.

Archived