Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this works for you. I thought he was a great player, so he should be good to watch. If you can afford them, I'm sure that he will bring some good players as well. Good luck next season.

Is that the same as calling BF a 'wee ned' without knowing his character? You don't have a clue what kind of man he is behind closed doors, but it suits you down to the ground to form a preconceived opinion (entirely negative, of course) because it means you can have a good fucking moan. Which is no worse than what I'm doing when presented with the evidence that you fart out on here

I'm far from Barr Ferguson's biggest fan, but even I can see the benefits that he can bring to the club. Maybe it won't work out, but to be completely and utterly dismissive right off the bat - for no real reason - is a very Cannibalistic thing to do

i'm not totally dismissive. i'm saying he has no track record as a manager and that i don't want to see my club indulge in another rangers-fest or employ a known bigot like bob malcolm.

who's paying for him and his coaches by the way?

But it was ok to employ other known bigots in the past??? Not just Blue ones either. Or registered sex offenders??? Which is worse........hmmm. When the f**k will the silent assassins among us once, just once, keep their shite to themselves. Arseholes like Cannibal are exactly the sort of 'fan' who have hounded perfectly good managers and prospective owners out the club by toeing the club line at all times.....be it labelling individuals theives, racists or any other handy stain thats hard to remove from a character. Where was this outrage when Roberts or Brown were appointed??? How many times must clowns like you make this same mistake again and again......when will you learn to just shut it with your agenda??? Are you going to grill BF about his religious leanings at the MtM if we have one??? Views on independence??? Or immigration??? He's our manager. I'm proud to have him. If you're not, f**k off.

i'm not totally dismissive. i'm saying he has no track record as a manager and that i don't want to see my club indulge in another rangers-fest or employ a known bigot like bob malcolm.

who's paying for him and his coaches by the way?

I can only suspect he'll be getting paid extremely little if anything at all. The guy is a multi-millionaire after all.

What would be pleasing was a club statement announcing Bazza'a appointment and a reversal on the name change/death of a proud club.

If the chairman was someone who realized that he is merely the convener of a "democratically elected" committee he would do so. That would result in a united support and at least a doubling of the average home gate

That's not what youve got though. The CiC and entire proposal for EK is modelled in his own image. It's his baby, and he'll do what he wants despite the evidence of his own eyes. If people disagree with him in significant numbers, that's their problem, not his. He's played a blinder of a long game, using his background to conceive the idea of a CiC, monitor it for its overall level of general support of the Board, then constrict a vote to its members. Guaranteeing the outcome he wanted.

Having negotiated down the lease to 5 years in return for a reduced annual rent, he doesnt want to be seen as the man who left Clyde potentially homeless in 3 years. Anything is better than that. If the name change, which he proposed, is part of the deal at East Kilbride, then so be it. As long as the club can just about stay alive long enough to get there, job done. The rest of the board stare at the floor, shuffle their feet and it's open season. The one board member who immediately voiced his opposition to the name change is now at Dundee Utd. The only thing that will stop this is a logistical issue at EKCT's end.

Purely on the football side, Ferguson is untested so it's a wait & see. No particular reason to be overly optimistic or pessimistic at this stage

Early indicators, if he's genuine about continuing a policy where the main focus is on developing youth, that would be a positive. Thomson's been around in the game, and having him in beside him as mentor is smart, so that should help.

He won't be getting paid anything probably, but the incentive for him would be looking at guys like Hartley knowing if in 2 or 3 years he can prove himself he'll get on in the game. If he does prove himself, then that would suggest Clyde have done well, so it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

We should just accept the fact he will be our manager for at least 3 seasons, I think he will do a good job he's brought in 2 assistants which tells you he means business, he will be a great player at this league I'm sure he turned down playing abroad to join Clyde

Pissin & moanin all season long about how far low the crowd levels have become & coming up with fairytales to explain it away

that minority's conspiracy theories?

Wondered when the other chuckle brother would appear.

Hiya!

Absolutely thrilled with this appointment. A young, ambitious coach with great contacts all over the game and will walk this league when he plays and guide the lads on the park as well as off. It of course baffles me some of the negativity surrounding it but just what to expect with some of our fans who have no doubt never said a positive thing in their life...regarding anything in life. However, major credit to the board for luring Barry to the club and credit to him also for signing on for 3 years and showing commitment to making us a force.

Archived