Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would prefer a new right back, McGhee was alright but would prefer someone with more experience and just a bit better

I guess you didn't see many of his games then :huh: ?

He only played around a dozen games.

He's a much better right back than Gray, and much more reliable than Brown was.

He was also Man of the Match in 3 of the last 5 games of the season.

I think he's a prospect, and should make the right back position his own next season.

I think he's a prospect, and should make the right back position his own next season.

He's more than capable and plays his heart out for the team.

Ferguson was a great player ,and his experiance in the game will hopefully benefit the team ,especially in a playin capacity ,and in the developement of the young lads ,I for one dont think ferguson is a saint ,and slaughtered him for his conduct on scotland duty,but other lads got away with it ,and still representing scotland ,as for malcolm signing an autograph to someone just not on moonster

Malcom I will give you but are there any particular instances of Barry Ferguson showing bigoted behaviour.

Might be, just can't remember any off the top of my head.

My flat mate was the supervisor on the whisky bar during the boozegate scandal at Cameron House and he said Ferguson (and his pal McGregor) was the most bigoted guy he had met. My mate's manager at the time was from Ireland and Barry and McGregor obviously didn't let that lie ("you went tae a cafflick skool dint ye, mad *****" was one line quoted). Scott Brown actually had to tell them to shut it before they were thrown out. I should add that Ferguson was a hero of my mates until that day, he has no reason whatsoever to make it up and it's hardly a surprising story given wee Barry's love for all things Rangers.

Fair enough, I know that because my mate was working there but did anyone really expect him to be any different?

My flat mate was the supervisor on the whisky bar during the boozegate scandal at Cameron House and he said Ferguson (and his pal McGregor) was the most bigoted guy he had met. My mate's manager at the time was from Ireland and Barry and McGregor obviously didn't let that lie ("you went tae a cafflick skool dint ye, mad *****" was one line quoted). Scott Brown actually had to tell them to shut it before they were thrown out. I should add that Ferguson was a hero of my mates until that day, he has no reason whatsoever to make it up and it's hardly a surprising story given wee Barry's love for all things Rangers.

Fair enough, I know that because my mate was working there but did anyone really expect him to be any different?

Interesting that he married a Roman Catholic, and his eldest was at one of their schools. More of a hypocrite than a bigot that would suggest?

Or maybe he just sees it as being a missionary.

Interesting that he married a Roman Catholic, and his eldest was at one of their schools. More of a hypocrite than a bigot that would suggest?

Or maybe he just sees it as being a missionary.

Or maybe his true bigoted colours shine through when he's had a few whiskey's.

I am certainly not defending bigots,as I said I dont want malcolm near the club ,but ferguson picked him ,so we have to live with it ,really hope he does'nt start lifting his hands to the players ,that was disgraceful ,and ferguson should have thought about that before apppointing him,time will tell if he got it wrong I suppose

You checked out all the Dumbarton players background :) if you want a bigot free club suggest you recruit outside Scotland ha ha

Would have thought with your high moral values you would be outraged at the bet butler name :)

No bigger a rampaging bigot than Iain Ferguson, Billy Reid or Frank McGarvey. Where was the Nil By Clyde action group then???

McGarvey you may have a point with, though nothing from the tabloid press springs to mind, Ferguson played for us prior to the Bigot brothers and as far as I know the Simon Cowell of scottish football played for neither at senior level. So I don't see your point? In fact I don't see any sides point on this one. Better if those who care about the club make sure there is a Clyde FC, (note: not EK Clyde FC) still around and not a Franchise FC based in EK.

Several of my friends know Billy Reid from long before he was a footballer....and lets just say kept his Saturdays in July free. An issue for me??? Not at all. Ferguson's company as a youngster in Parkhead couldnt be more public knoeledge if he announced who his friends were, deceased or otherwise, on the nine oclock news. Couldnt care less. But clearly a stick with which some find easy to beat people with despite knowing none of the facts. Moonster, i suggest you come back to earth and join the humans for a while. Ive heard about twenty people who's mate was the barman/porter/ whatever from that evening. Its got f**k all.to do with the here and now so why bring it up.......Tony Watt used to frequent a bookies near me when he was just 16....doesnt change what i think of him, even when running about with Eire strips on.

I wasn't that impressed by him, so maybe I wasn't watching either. Or maybe I just have a different opinion. Is that still allowed at football?

I wasn't that impressed by him, so maybe I wasn't watching either. Or maybe I just have a different opinion. Is that still allowed at football?

Oh no not at Broadwood unless you run any criticism past the thought police your in trouble

Ps mcghee is a terrific player defo going places

Archived