Clyde Fc 2014-15

You checked out all the Dumbarton players background :) if you want a bigot free club suggest you recruit outside Scotland ha ha

Would have thought with your high moral values you would be outraged at the bet butler name :)

No, why would I? I only asked one poster why Ferguson was accepted with open arms and Malcolm wasn't when they've both shown bigotry in the past.

I don't know why I'd be outraged at a stadium name, nor what that has to do with moral values.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several of my friends know Billy Reid from long before he was a footballer....and lets just say kept his Saturdays in July free. An issue for me??? Not at all. Ferguson's company as a youngster in Parkhead couldnt be more public knoeledge if he announced who his friends were, deceased or otherwise, on the nine oclock news. Couldnt care less. But clearly a stick with which some find easy to beat people with despite knowing none of the facts. Moonster, i suggest you come back to earth and join the humans for a while. Ive heard about twenty people who's mate was the barman/porter/ whatever from that evening. Its got f**k all.to do with the here and now so why bring it up.......Tony Watt used to frequent a bookies near me when he was just 16....doesnt change what i think of him, even when running about with Eire strips on.

See above.

You can believe me or ignore me, I'm only passing on what I was told from the guy that was there, if you don't believe it I don't care, it's still true.

It was a serious question. Seems to be a fair bit of moral chastising here, which im well used to from Clyde fans, but unless i'm mistaken, didn't both our clubs once employ a registered sex offender.....in our case, the club , wrongly, stood by their player.....yours actively went and signed him.....were you so vocal about that???

It was a serious question. Seems to be a fair bit of moral chastising here, which im well used to from Clyde fans, but unless i'm mistaken, didn't both our clubs once employ a registered sex offender.....in our case, the club , wrongly, stood by their player.....yours actively went and signed him.....were you so vocal about that???

I was, aye. I said at the time that if we were looking to be a community club then signing sex offenders isn't really what we should be doing. I'm not morally chastising anyone. I'll state again, I'm not saying your club are wrong to employ Ferguson, I merely questioned why he was free from criticism from one of your fans but Malcolm wasn't.

In answer to moonster's point ,the reason I welcome ferguson ,is not to my knowledge has not been derogatory to roman catholics ,something mr malcolm has ,and if he had been and there was concrete proof ,my season book would not be renewed ,malcolms sectarianism was blatant ,and board should have said he is'nt welcome that's imo

Its actually a fair point Moonster, personally i find it very difficult to believe BF has never engaged in what would be polarised as either 'joinin in wae the boyz' or out and out sectarianism. Growing up in areas surrounded by many of exactly those fannies has actually given me something of an antidote...frankly i don't really care if he has, nor about Malcolm's extremely chequered past in such matters. Ive sung plenty of not so pleasant songs at Clyde games. And against my better judgement probably will again. Does excluding Popes, Queens, churches, skin colour or nationality make them any better??? What about everyone who was in the Rangers dressing room singin the full repotiore of party tunes when MoJohnston was being interviewed after signing at Ibrox.....most of them were Scotland internationals, and the matter laughed off. Would anyone label McCoist, Gough, etc unemployable bigots??? Think not.

I was, aye. I said at the time that if we were looking to be a community club then signing sex offenders isn't really what we should be doing. I'm not morally chastising anyone. I'll state again, I'm not saying your club are wrong to employ Ferguson, I merely questioned why he was free from criticism from one of your fans but Malcolm wasn't.

I am pleased ferguson has joined the club and if we win the league then Malcolm is welcome as well. I back this up as a total hypocrite, two faced, fickle football fan . I couldn't stand the two of them before they joined the club

Archived