The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Local rag reckons the agent is pissed off as an agreement was supposedly not kept. Let him, Cameron and Tansey argue that one out. Won't do Caley's morale much good.

From a Dons point of view the player is not exactly Jim Bett and he's booked most games so I'm over it already. Still a poor window from us though

Tansey averages one yellow card every 4.5 games. I reckon you're thinking of Draper who averages a one yellow card every 4.5 minutes.

Im not getting my knickers in a twist over Tansey. He's hardly Shinniesta.

Meh, on to laugh at Rhonny tomorrow night.

Shinniesta plays for Rotheram.

He happily signed a 2 year extension a fortnight ago, I'm sure he wont be that unhappy at not getting a move.

with a release clause in it.this suggests that he likes playing in Scotland but would really like to play here for a bigger club,doubt if he will be the happiest bunny today.

I think a lot of folk are worried as they see celtic and hearts buying players, not player. So it looks like they are going to push onwards and upwards and the famous backwards and downwards. However we have beaten celtic this season, deservedly and hopefully will tomorrow night. I'm not too bothered by the player from ICT, he's not that great or he'd already be playing for us. Good town Inverness though, its where weejoe was born so it can't be bad!

with a release clause in it.this suggests that he likes playing in Scotland but would really like to play here for a bigger club,doubt if he will be the happiest bunny today.

Good point. Messi and Ronaldo both have release clauses in their contracts as well which suggests whilst they like playing in Spain for Barcelona and Real Madrid they really want to play for bigger teams.

lol wut.

Good point. Messi and Ronaldo both have release clauses in their contracts as well which suggests whilst they like playing in Spain for Barcelona and Real Madrid they really want to play for bigger teams.

Release clauses are the norm in Spain and Portugal, not in Scotland.

the whole point of release clauses is that if they are triggered the player is allowed to talk to the interested club and decide if he wants to move.

Like it or not Tansey wanted to join Aberdeen and the only thing that stopped the deal was caley quibbling about the wording of the release clause with the end result being that caley now have a pissed off player on their books.

As for tansey :lol: we've suddenly gone from "poor signing and uninspiring" to " omg can't believe we didn't sign him PAPER THINZ SKWAUD!!!!!111"

To think we only recently got rid of our debt yet people are desperate for us to sign a whole new squad. It's mind-boggling TBH. I'm aware this comes across a bit "lex" but have some perspective ffs.

I would like to have seen some more movement in, but it is amusing that we've gone from "Why doesn't f*cking McInnes use the kids?" to "Aw now McInnes is going to have to play the f*cking kids."

the whole point of release clauses is that if they are triggered the player is allowed to talk to the interested club and decide if he wants to move.

Like it or not Tansey wanted to join Aberdeen and the only thing that stopped the deal was caley quibbling about the wording of the release clause with the end result being that caley now have a pissed off player on their books.

You must be one of the thousands of Aberdeen fans who have a copy of Tansey's contract with ICT.

A pissed off player whose only choices are to get his finger out and put in some performances in the hope of getting a move in summer, or to sit on the bench for six months and kiss goodbye to a large portion of the prime of his career.

From what I've been told this morning Aberdeen did nothing wrong and Kenny Cameron was acting the c**t.

We met the £200k clause but ICT wanted an extra £20k so they didn't have to pay his previous club the sell on clause :lol:

Transfer didn't go through because of the wording of the contract.

Ah well, not the end of the world for us but hardly a ringing endorsement for Kenny Cameron and Inverness.

Oh come on.

I would like to have seen some more movement in, but it is amusing that we've gone from "Why doesn't f*cking McInnes use the kids?" to "Aw now McInnes is going to have to play the f*cking kids."

He'll find a way not to use them.

You must be one of the thousands of Aberdeen fans who have a copy of Tansey's contract with ICT.

dont need a copy,there was obviously a release clause that both the Dons and the player thought had been activated but caley didnt.

Aberdeen should have made their move earlier so this could have been sorted out before the deadline.

I have a source very close to the situation that said Yogi had tendered his resignation if Tansey was sold.

Dons had offered the full £200k up front but were denied.

Caley players are concerned that similar clauses in their contracts may be worthless