The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hud me back. In fairness to Inverness Caledonian Thistle, looks from here like we've been guilty of tapping up Tansey's agent. If true, then we deserve what punishment comes.

Extremely suspicious to meet the release clause barely 3 weeks after a new contract was signed.

Poor window from the club, management and board. And after the disappointing summer window (with 4 of 5 signings having already left), there's a great deal to question about our business this season.

I reckon Scottish Cup 2014/15 Winner Graeme Shinnie blabbed about the clause. I can imagine there'll be a few moans about whatever happened but we'll never know the full story.

Edited by RiG

Echo the thoughts about goodwillie/church. The very last minute nature of the deal is a bit concerning but after our last game can't imagine the lad being any less effective than goodwillie.

The tansey deal, or not, seems to have been very badly handled and again seems we have missed out on our initial targets. Looks like the lads we have need to step up to the mark now.

If we need to free wages for any reason, why the f**k is Robson still there if he isnt fit enough to get a game ?

We've offloaded wages from Quinn, Goodwillie, McLaughlin, Parker and Ward (assuming we were paying a significant chunk of any of these players' wages) and have only brought in Collin and Church. We were also willing to part with at least £100,000 today for a transfer fee so I don't think funds are the issue.

Squad is very think on the ground now with very little back-up in defence, on the wings and in centre midfield. Even a couple of loan signings would not go amiss.

If that's us done, it's been a surprisingly poor window all things considered. We must only have about 14 recognised and fit first team players left at the club.

Unless Deek has had an epiphany with the development players, our squad looks very thin.

So we have Logan, Taylor, Considine, Reynolds and Shinnie as all of our choices in defence. Am I forgetting someone? Let's hope some of the young guys are able to step up if required.

Hayes can cover as an emergency at FB but eliminates his threat going forward.

So as I understand it.....

Dons: yo Caley we bid £200k for Tansey ( in installments) which is his release clause so cheers we'll be concluding a deal with him today

Caley: No it's not his release clause unless you pay £200k up front

Dons: f**k sake....um ok here is £200k up front

Caley: we have to pay 20% to Stevenage so its not £200k its more

Dons: f**k off thats garbage

Caley: its true, unlucky

Dons: ok f**k sake heres £220k

Caley: You have tapped up our player and Josh Meekings is writing a letter to the SFA

So as I understand it.....

Dons: yo Caley we bid £200k for Tansey ( in installments) which is his release clause so cheers we'll be concluding a deal with him today

Caley: No it's not his release clause unless you pay £200k up front

Dons: f**k sake....um ok here is £200k up front

Caley: we have to pay 20% to Stevenage so its not £200k its more

Dons: f**k off thats garbage

Caley: its true, unlucky

Dons: ok f**k sake heres £220k

Caley: You have tapped up our player and Josh Meekings is writing a letter to the SFA

You missed out the part where we tapped up his agent.

If we need to free wages for any reason, why the f**k is Robson still there if he isnt fit enough to get a game ?

Would have to pay him off as nobody would pay for him now. Renewing his contract in the summer was a mistake.

You missed out the part where we tapped up his agent.

part of the game unfortunately. McGinn's agent is probably offering him to celtic every second week.

Taking draper as an example of a player signing a new deal recently - if anyone think his agent didnt ask around other clubs for any interest is very naive