The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Why can't they stay at Pittodrie? Looks like this new ground is in the arsehole end of nowhere. 

Maintenance costs are already high and increasing all the time, and the area is too tight to do any big redevelopment.

Or so we're told.

Maintenance costs are already high and increasing all the time, and the area is too tight to do any big redevelopment.

Or so we're told.

We were told the same bollocks by Chris Robinson. On google maps there looks like plenty of room to build reasonable enclosures. A slight decrease in capacity wouldn't matter too much. More corporate facilities is where the additional money can come in. 

Or so we're told.

It does seem the decision is based mainly on money. If they were doing it to double the capacity for example then it would be the obvious decision to move, but Pittodrie could be redeveloped to include far better facilities whilst retaining close to the current capacity; Liverpool recently and Hearts years back have shown what's possible in a crowded city centre location.

Pittodrie is really poor for away supporters and traffic can be a pain, but it seems all too easy to just sell up and build on the outskirts of town. It's a shame to keep losing traditional grounds in the name of progress.

I'm guessing the value of the land at Pittodrie means financially it's the best option to sell up?

It does seem the decision is based mainly on money. If they were doing it to double the capacity for example then it would be the obvious decision to move, but Pittodrie could be redeveloped to include far better facilities whilst retaining close to the current capacity; Liverpool recently and Hearts years back have shown what's possible in a crowded city centre location.

Pittodrie is really poor for away supporters and traffic can be a pain, but it seems all too easy to just sell up and build on the outskirts of town. It's a shame to keep losing traditional grounds in the name of progress.

I'm guessing the value of the land at Pittodrie means financially it's the best option to sell up?

It's a lot less valuable than it was 13 years ago when a move to Kingswells was first put forward, unfortunately.

It's the result of a series of missed opportunities spanning decades, I feel. All of the available land around Pittodrie has been bought up and developed (no thanks to Mr. Milne) leaving a very tight space. Although I don't see why the Main Stand couldn't be rebuilt, with the road being moved further in the direction of the car park.

It's a lot less valuable than it was 13 years ago when a move to Kingswells was first put forward, unfortunately.

It's the result of a series of missed opportunities spanning decades, I feel. All of the available land around Pittodrie has been bought up and developed (no thanks to Mr. Milne) leaving a very tight space. Although I don't see why the Main Stand couldn't be rebuilt, with the road being moved further in the direction of the car park.

I would expect Pittodrie to be more valuable than 13 years ago but I think Aberdeen maybe mucked about with that figures! it would have went slighty down with the recession we are now but hopefully by the time we sell the oil prices will recover. 

Is the council putting some cash into this as notice Councillor Willie young comment in the paper today about something about City deal funds. 

I would expect Pittodrie to be more valuable than 13 years ago but I think Aberdeen maybe mucked about with that figures! it would have went slighty down with the recession we are now but hopefully by the time we sell the oil prices will recover. 

Is the council putting some cash into this as notice Councillor Willie young comment in the paper today about something about City deal funds. 

You're probably right in regard to the price of the Pittodrie land, I didn't think of the increased value prior to the recession.

As far as council funding goes, it does seem as though there will be a contribution. Milne was talking about the Council doing very well to get the City Deal, and a councillor was in the paper saying that it could generate £20-30m for the area with increased traffic out in that direction.

EDIT: Another potential downside of this move is that it could be the death knell for a few of the pubs left on King Street, going the same way as the East Neuk.

Edited by AberDon

Church and Brown have bid farewell and Robson announced his retirement on RedTV. Who else will be included on the see ya later article to be released on the official website tomorrow? Apparently some under contract players have been told they're free to find new clubs. Could be any of the following:

Flood, Reynolds, Taylor, Smith, Rose, and Pawlett. The first three would be relatively high earners imho.

Church and Brown have bid farewell and Robson announced his retirement on RedTV. Who else will be included on the see ya later article to be released on the official website tomorrow? Apparently some under contract players have been told they're free to find new clubs. Could be any of the following:

Flood, Reynolds, Taylor, Smith, Rose, and Pawlett. The first three would be relatively high earners imho.

There is 0 chance that Taylor will be leaving imo.

McInnes specifically said that he needs more physicality in the team, so releasing our most physically dominant players would not make much sense.

The failure to invest in January bearing its fruits once again. 

We need a bigger squad. 

McGovern, Gordon and Hanlon will help

Very much doubt any under contract players will be going anywhere before mid to end august at earliest

Players out tomorrow

Church - loan return

Collin - loan return

Robson - retired

Brown - mutual consent - wife didnt like Scotland

Goodwillie - released

Rose - released

Lennox - may return as trialist for pre season

We need a bigger squad not a smaller squad to cope with the demands next season so can't see many of them going.