The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Also people are saying we shouldn't be developing Celtic youngsters ahead of our own: Christie is streets ahead of any of our young players. He's not guaranteed a start every week for us but he's a good player.

I do think he's better than anything else we've got tbf. However I can't see how Wright and co are going to improve if they aren't getting the occasional chance - this doesn't include 15 mins vs Stranraer. Why we haven't loaned him and Frank Ross out yet is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

Never thought I'd see the day when 'the famous' would settle for hand-me-downs. emoji1.png

This is kinda what I feel. But this might be a reflection on my age. it saddens me we are so far behind Celtic they are comfortable with strengthening our squad for the last half of the season. If he helps us finish second or win the Cup, I'll cheer him on. 

The cringeworthy reaction to this so far has been delightful. Meltdown central all in. Hope everyone of our future players has called us sheepshagging b*****ds on Twitter.

As for the unease of loaning him from Celtic, Celtic are so far in front of us this season that it's not worth worrying about where he's on loan from. They're gone, they've won the league, so there's little point feeling guilty about using a player not good enough yet for them but clearly good enough for us, that could provide a positive edge for us for the rest of the season.

Fantastic to have a young Scottish prospect at the club too.

This is kinda what I feel. But this might be a reflection on my age. it saddens me we are so far behind Celtic they are comfortable with strengthening our squad for the last half of the season. If he helps us finish second or win the Cup, I'll cheer him on. 

I see your point. Scottish football is unique in that sense.
If you were direct challengers I'm pretty sure you'd be getting fuk all.