The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Possibly not, if he wants to go then we will need to deal though. We will do well to get 800k.

Do we need to deal though?

I understand that DM may have unwritten agreements with players that they'll be allowed to move on should there be an attractive opportunity but that should only be on the condition that the buying club are willing to pay a fair amount for the player.

We're talking about arguably our best player here, the fee we sell at whilst under contract sets a benchmark for the rest of the squad.  If we sold Hayes for £600k for example then anyone else will go for something below that.

I think a package totalling around a £1m would be a fair deal.

Cardiff can piss off. Why the fk would we acept some kind of packaged deal? Some upfront? More for so many first team games. Int call ups? It has to be at least 750'000 up front with extra from the games he plays. We won't be able to replace him for the peanuts they are offering, that's the key here. 

19 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

If he wants to go then it might not leave us much choice. Not as if we can afford to say no to him and have him disappear for the rest of the season or go in a huff etc.

Clubs down south don't need to pay that kind of money for players, the wage increase lures the players and the club have to accept pretty much what they can. That's just the way it is.

Whats "fair" and what actually happens are usually quite different.

No I have to disagree. 

Unless we as a club have an immediate need for cash which I'm not aware of then I don't see any undue pressure to sell at an unfair price.

The very fact that he may want to go does not mean we are under any obligation to accept any offer from him.  I suppose it comes down to individuals but as long as DM manages it well there is no need for Hayes to go in a huff if we don't accept shite bids.  An honest conversation to say "Jonny, you can go with our blessing so long as Cardiff offer us a fair deal, otherwise we're not inclined to accept.  We don't have the funds or the time to replace you at a crucial stage in the season so we need to protect our own interests".  A reasonable human being accepts that explanation, if he then kicks up a stink you might have a decision to make but Hayes just doesn't seem that type to be honest.

If Hayes goes to Cardiff, and I hope he doesn't, the club should ensure all dough up front. Cardiff are a bit of a mess and the owner is a bell end. Don't wanna deal on the never never.
I think it's too late on in the window now to get a decent replacement. This would be hard enough to do with time. Tell them to stick it.

6 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

It's not football manager, wish some people would remember that.

I have never played football manager but I can't see what point you're making.

we don't need to sell for shite money. Hayes signed a contract. I think he would honour it by not sulking if we turn down shite money.

if we get offered slightly less shite money then that can go towards a replacement and soften the blow. Why should people not be disappointed?

15 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

It's not football manager, wish some people would remember that.

But the club (I would hope) will have a valuation of the player that they wish to be met, if it is not then there is 18 months left on a contract to run.

Unless Hayes is desperate to get out, which I doubt he is, then why would we settle for a poor offer just because 'that's how these things go'?

*plucks random figure out of thin air* £3million

Killie just got £1m for Coulibaly and you don't think there is one Aberdeen player that could go for more than £1m?

Top trolling as usual.

If Aberdeen sell Hayes for less than £1m then the fans have every right to be raging. In fact I wouldn't even sell him for £1m