The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

55 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lads, a lot of the hibs fans on the forum are persistent trolls. The more you bite the more they will respond, it's a fairly simple concept of an Internet forum.

They are (mostly) taking the piss, they aren't trolling you because we won the semi, it's because you keep rising to the bait.

But where would the fun lie if we don't indulge their methadone fuelled rantings?

8 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Congrats. Makes up for 27 years without a Scottish cup imo.

on a serious note, did what I say offend you?

Haha nah, I'll draw your attention to another of my posts:

22 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Mate if I'm getting "haunted" by a post on a football forum I'm doing something wrong.. 

I'm not fussed pal. It's definitely oddball behaviour though. IMO.

IMO.

Wow, this is how the guy reacts to Hibs losing to the second best side in the country in a game where Hibs played well and could have got something out of the game. Imagine what would happen if they get knocked out by a lower league side next season. He'll be wishing the death of the firstborns of the entirety of that town/cities population.

They were probably the same after the 1903 quarter finals

McInnes said: “A lot of people questioned us. When we got to 70-odd points in the last couple of seasons, people were saying it was because Rangers were not in the league.

A lot of people thought we’d get pushed aside this season and we wouldn’t be able to get to the same levels.

“Every other week people were saying Rangers would finish second and we would get pushed aside.

“A different Rangers player was getting rolled out and saying something similar. We kept quiet and did our work.

Dignity

Humility

Get It Right Fucking Up Ye

McInnes said: “A lot of people questioned us. When we got to 70-odd points in the last couple of seasons, people were saying it was because Rangers were not in the league.
A lot of people thought we’d get pushed aside this season and we wouldn’t be able to get to the same levels.
“Every other week people were saying Rangers would finish second and we would get pushed aside.
“A different Rangers player was getting rolled out and saying something similar. We kept quiet and did our work.
Dignity
Humility

Don't know if you were there but about 2 minutes from the end yesterday mcinnes gestured towards us going mental. Finishing 2nd was clearly huge for him and his reaction at the end was equally pleasing.

Derek [emoji173]️

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Dignity
Humility

Don't know if you were there but about 2 minutes from the end yesterday mcinnes gestured towards us going mental. Finishing 2nd was clearly huge for him and his reaction at the end was equally pleasing.

Derek emoji173.png

Regrettably, I'm not in the country right now and I am highly jealous.

Just highlighting one of the many things that I love about McInnes, his attitude and approach to the press. How he represents the club is absolutely first class, doesn't mind a wee bit of giruy but, only after it's all done and dusted and only in response to the utter bollocks pumped out by the those clubs with lower standards than us.

Second in 2/3 and the chance to win the last available competition is a remarkable achievement. A great season by any measure with the opportunity for it to be a truly outstanding one.

He's a prince among men.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Regrettably, I'm not in the country right now and I am highly jealous.

Just highlighting one of the many things that I love about McInnes, his attitude and approach to the press. How he represents the club is absolutely first class, doesn't mind a wee bit of giruy but, only after it's all done and dusted and only in response to the utter bollocks pumped out by the those clubs with lower standards than us.

Second in 2/3 and the chance to win the last available competition is a remarkable achievement. A great season by any measure with the opportunity for it to be a truly outstanding one.

He's a prince among men.

Totally agree.

He has justifiable critics on our performances in big games but he has absolutely transformed the club, the consistency over years now is incredible and as you say, his conduct with the media is exemplary and is exactly what I want from an Aberdeen manager.  Let the others talk, we'll just do what we do and let's see how it ends.

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but I can't be bothered looking back.

That's Daniel Harvie's loan expired with us obviously, and he'll be heading back your way. He scooped our YPOTY award on Saturday night, and played a pretty crucial role in getting us to where we are in the table.

When he came in he had a nightmare of a debut against Dunfermline where he looked majorly panicky, but he settled quickly and became quietly crucial. He's developed a hell of a lot as a player over the past year and, although not near Premiership first team level yet, definitely has the potential to be a very decent, attacking, left-back in the future. He's decent on the ball, pretty quick, solid defensively, decent at the 'dark arts' and (with three goals) a bit of a force going forward.

Another season on-loan at the Championship would probably help him out a great deal, whether or not that's at us will be up to you lot I'd imagine.

harvie.jpg.8d3c9d76ad51cae3f91739f790871a9e.jpg

That's us now have two Daniels on loan from you lot who have won our YPOTY, so if you have any more kicking about please fire them our way.

13 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but I can't be bothered looking back.

That's Daniel Harvie's loan expired with us obviously, and he'll be heading back your way. He scooped our YPOTY award on Saturday night, and played a pretty crucial role in getting us to where we are in the table.

When he came in he had a nightmare of a debut against Dunfermline where he looked majorly panicky, but he settled quickly and became quietly crucial. He's developed a hell of a lot as a player over the past year and, although not near Premiership first team level yet, definitely has the potential to be a very decent, attacking, left-back in the future. He's decent on the ball, pretty quick, solid defensively, decent at the 'dark arts' and (with three goals) a bit of a force going forward.

Another season on-loan at the Championship would probably help him out a great deal, whether or not that's at us will be up to you lot I'd imagine.

harvie.jpg.8d3c9d76ad51cae3f91739f790871a9e.jpg

That's us now have two Daniels on loan from you lot who have won our YPOTY, so if you have any more kicking about please fire them our way.

Refereed young Harvie quite a bit in his days in the youth academy back when I was a BITB. He's progressing very well and has a great attitude to the game, chirpy character too.

Certainly wouldn't be averse to him going back to the Rock although I imagine it may be a Falkirk or Morton type team next season like for Rogers.

Would far prefer to have him out on loan than sat rotting on our bench.

15 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Refereed young Harvie quite a bit in his days in the youth academy back when I was a BITB. He's progressing very well and has a great attitude to the game, chirpy character too.

Certainly wouldn't be averse to him going back to the Rock although I imagine it may be a Falkirk or Morton type team next season like for Rogers.

Would far prefer to have him out on loan than sat rotting on our bench.

:lol: That must've been fun, he loves pretty big go at the linesman during the game.

Aye, I can see him at a bigger Championship club, but he'd be very welcome back. Nice and local for him too with us.

9 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

He's a full back isn't he, right or left? Great to hear he's progressing, its been fucking ages since we've brought through a youngster. 

Left-back, aye.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: That must've been fun, he loves pretty big go at the linesman during the game.

Aye, I can see him at a bigger Championship club, but he'd be very welcome back. Nice and local for him too with us.

Left-back, aye.

Surprisingly, he was actually a pleasure to deal with, the sort that could give a bit and take a bit back, respect that a lot. Same with Cammy Smith and Craig Storie.

Now Declan McManus, currently at Raith Rovers, nightmare, spent the whole game whining and greeting about everything. Couldn't take a bit of banter back. Thick as mince, which didn't help proceedings.

9 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Surprisingly, he was actually a pleasure to deal with, the sort that could give a bit and take a bit back, respect that a lot. Same with Cammy Smith and Craig Storie.

Now Declan McManus, currently at Raith Rovers, nightmare, spent the whole game whining and greeting about everything. Couldn't take a bit of banter back. Thick as mince, which didn't help proceedings.

Love players like that. Prima-donna guys, refs and fans are the absolute worst.

I am totally unsurprised to hear about McManus to be honest. He's a reasonable player, but his on-pitch persona is horrendous. You can catch him here fouling Harvie, mouthing off at the linesman, mouthing off at Harvie, then reacting to a fan and getting himself booked :lol: