The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I'm not sure starting on Sunday is a particularly positive sign, as it'll be a scratch team - will be to give him some game time in case he's required for the final, but right now maybe AOC has done enough in midfield to keep his place.

Any chance to get Taylor out the team for the final must be grasped if possible. Hopefully Jack gets some game time on Sunday. It's looking likely he is off to Ibrox but frankly, I'd rather see him play the final with O'Connor beside Reynolds and Taylor on the bench. The big galoot is a total liability.

3 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Any chance to get Taylor out the team for the final must be grasped if possible. Hopefully Jack gets some game time on Sunday. It's looking likely he is off to Ibrox but frankly, I'd rather see him play the final with O'Connor beside Reynolds and Taylor on the bench. The big galoot is a total liability.

He is a big galute - but provided he concentrates (unlike the first set piece on Friday), his sheer size will probably see him get a game just because Boyata, Simunovic and Lustig are all massive.

Just now, tarapoa said:

He is a big galute - but provided he concentrates (unlike the first set piece on Friday), his sheer size will probably see him get a game just because Boyata, Simunovic and Lustig are all massive.

That's his problem, the goal we lost at Parkhead was entirely his lack of concentration so you would think he'd be sharp for the game last week. Nope, still half asleep and the same goal occurs again. I don't think we can rely on him in any way, shape or form next Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you're referring to the afc tweets I think when he says definitely starting he's referring to Christie, given jack is touch and go for the final with injury.

My error then .Fair enough

16 minutes ago, calum_gers said:

He says Ryan will start and in the following tweet that Ryan Jack may travel. He's referring to Ryan Christie in the first tweet.

The f**k you doing sticking your nose into Aberdeen tweets.

Your own club not a big enough circus to keep you entertained ? 

28 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

That's his problem, the goal we lost at Parkhead was entirely his lack of concentration so you would think he'd be sharp for the game last week. Nope, still half asleep and the same goal occurs again. I don't think we can rely on him in any way, shape or form next Saturday.

You love big Ash.

Ash may not be our best centre half, but he's McInnes's first choice one, so he's definitely in the cup final squad. He always plays him. Sounds relatively promising re Jack being fit for the final. At this stage I don't care where he goes. He's part of an incredibly balanced midfield three and if he's fit, he plays. He's the captain and he's been nothing but professional. Media can stir things up, and he can move where he likes after his contract's up. At the moment, though, he'd be a boost for the cup final.

Problem with Taylor is he can play brilliantly for 88 minutes, but those 2 where he has a howler/looks a general bombscare will be what he's remembered for. 

If we win the cup, everyone has to play well and make no mistakes, Taylor included. 

20 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I will if he scores the winner for us next Saturday.

Big Ash is a genuine scoring threat in both boxes. 

The Fucked Clock theory dictates he is due to find a teammate with a raking 60 yard pass twice between now and the end of the season.

Mon Big Ash.

4 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I don't ever say this, so please forgive me, but please AFC board, break the bank to get Ryan Christie back. The lad is phenomenal. Genuinely love the way he plays and his raw talent. He's brilliant.

I wouldn't break the bank for him as he has only started 8 games for Aberdeen - i'm still not sure about him yet although has a lot of ability that is for sure but some games hasn't been involved enough

Edited by Milners

I'm sure Jack will start at Hampden if fully fit, but it would be a bit harsh on O'Connor to drop him to the bench - he was very good at Ibrox and also played well against Celtic. I like what I have seen from him so far in that midfield role. 

Rewatching the *** highlights, and there's two more Considine moments. 1. the tackle on Waghorn, its sublime. Gets better with every watch. The "art of tackling" is alive and well. 2. For Christie's goal, he makes a darting near-post run as the cross comes in from McGinn, completely loses his man. The ball goes back post in the end, but he gave the option, his movement was like a striker. 
It's definitely confirmation bias, but this season I've been noticing Considine a hell of a lot more, and take great delight whenever he makes a positive impact on the game. As a posh Deeside lad I definitely identify with him in the way that the toonsers identify with Shinnie. 

Same with me. The 'one of our own' chant for Shinnie resonates with me more when I think about Consi. Another Banchory loon. Doesn't sound like much but seeing someone from my town playing for my team, and playing well, really makes a difference. Having both him and Pawlett was great to see and I'm sad to see Pee Paw go. Having two players from Banchory playing for my side felt great.

I wish Jack all the best, he's been here for a decade and his career can't progress much further here, both in footballing and financial terms. He's not done anything wrong.

If he goes to Rangers, it would be foolish mainly because they're not going anywhere any time soon. I reckon he'll join a team like Barnsley though.

10 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

If he goes to Rangers, it would be foolish mainly because they're not going anywhere any time soon. I reckon he'll join a team like Barnsley though.

I think Jack joining a much bigger, better-supported club yet within the same footballing milieux will be a challenge to him.  I only hope he's up to it.

Edit: I hope Pedro shares a bottle of excellent Portuguese wine with him in his office when he signs on.

Edited by The_Kincardine

5 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

The f**k you doing sticking your nose into Aberdeen tweets.

Your own club not a big enough circus to keep you entertained ? 

Lol'd at the unnecessary aggression is this post :lol:

Calum, get yer peepers off our tweets yi *** f**k :lol:

If he's stupid enough to go to Sevco Ryan Jack will get slaughtered by the *** hoards. Possibly not straight away as the fuds will love the fact he's left the Dons for their basket case but as soon as he gets bitch slapped by Brown in the first The Rangers v Celtic game he's doomed. Whether us Dons fans like it or not you do probably need a set of bollocks to play well in a bigot derby, goldfish bowl game in front of so many unhinged morons. He's decent but I'm not remotely convinced he's a big game player.

It's often said he's one of those players that you realise how good he is when he's not playing, unsung, spade work etc but this last few weeks I've not been crying out for his involvement. Shinnie is easily twice the player he is.

He gets his wages every week, which may not be the case much longer down Govan way if the present situation continues.

Don't wish any ill at all on the lad but sign for that lot and he will need to live with the consequences.