The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Title stripping just doesn't justify boycotting or the kind of fan disruption required, to put enough pressure on chairman to try and make official something we already know to be true. It just doesn't.

However, if any hibbee M9s want to set themselves on fire on a train in protest, i'd support that. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Cheating?

Stripping the titles from a club that don't exist any more. It's just not anywhere near as important to me as how my club is doing and how my club is being run. I like the way Aberdeen are doing and how they are being run, that isn't something I've always been able to say under Milne's tenure. What is my reaction supposed to be to this exactly?

37 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

Any word on Maloney

Absolutely no idea how close he is to being fit but word is he'll sign a two year contract when he's ready to pass medical and re-start training. hopefully not too long but not fit for the 'start of the season' was said after we'd played last week so presumably was referring to the Hamilton game. Other than that no idea when he realistically will be starting training

7 hours ago, Romeo said:

The Aberdeen fans are but if the baldy snake won't take that on board then there is f**k all they can do about it. The fans will continue to put pressure on regardless.

"The baldy snake"? What has he ever done to upset you? Have I missed something?

Milne has his view and a large section of the support have a different view.
There is no change since RFC went under.
Sadly the dregs that supported the previous club latched on to the new company.
Simply put is we will always,always hate that team under any guise.

I hate the **** as much as anyone but I really struggle to get worked up about stripping the titles.

They weren't anything to do with us in the first place, it's not like we were the team that was challenging them. If they lost the titles, all it means is Celtic won a hell of a lot more titles.

Secondly, they've got their comeuppance. Their team got fucked over and they've won f**k all in 5 years. They're run by Cowboys, managed by a goon and their players are shitebags. If I'm honest, I've had my laughs from their punishment.

Thirdly, and this is possibly the most important point, you can't change the past. Football in my eyes is about moments. Anticipation, dread, joy, sadness, the fuckin bounce after a last minute raker at Tannadice. Stripping the titles doesn't change the fact that the **** skelped us hunners of times. It doesn't change that fact that the fans, the players, the team experienced those moments.

Ideally, I'd strip the titles yes, because they cheated. But the effort that would be required to make any tangible change, and the fight against the **** and the governing bodies, is too much compared to the amount I actually care about it. Expend our energy on fixing problems going forward IMO. Life's too short to worry about the past.

For any of you lads thinking of coming down to todays friendly The bar at the grounds open before and after game ..

Entry to games £8 adults and £4 consessions .

Well done on Thurs good to see you guys do well in Europe ... 

4 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

For any of you lads thinking of coming down to todays friendly The bar at the grounds open before and after game ..

Entry to games £8 adults and £4 consessions .

Well done on Thurs good to see you guys do well in Europe ... 

The bar was a great shout. Cheers!

6 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I hate the **** as much as anyone but I really struggle to get worked up about stripping the titles.

They weren't anything to do with us in the first place, it's not like we were the team that was challenging them. If they lost the titles, all it means is Celtic won a hell of a lot more titles.

Secondly, they've got their comeuppance. Their team got fucked over and they've won f**k all in 5 years. They're run by Cowboys, managed by a goon and their players are shitebags. If I'm honest, I've had my laughs from their punishment.

Thirdly, and this is possibly the most important point, you can't change the past. Football in my eyes is about moments. Anticipation, dread, joy, sadness, the fuckin bounce after a last minute raker at Tannadice. Stripping the titles doesn't change the fact that the **** skelped us hunners of times. It doesn't change that fact that the fans, the players, the team experienced those moments.

Ideally, I'd strip the titles yes, because they cheated. But the effort that would be required to make any tangible change, and the fight against the **** and the governing bodies, is too much compared to the amount I actually care about it. Expend our energy on fixing problems going forward IMO. Life's too short to worry about the past.

This is very similar to my view. We have to learn from the past though. Whilst Milne is probably right to back off from the title stripping, a vigilant eye needs kept on Rangers to make sure they are not allowed to repeat the boom and burst spending policy that was so destructive.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

in other news, pedro is apparently still after Mclean (and walker).

I hope we tell them to f**k off. If we don't, because of release clauses or whatever, I hope Kenny tells them to f**k off.

Tapping b*****ds.

Mclean would be a big loss to the Dons. Surely he's been offered a new contract. If he won't extend, i fear he could be off in this window