The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Any idea who our two trialists are for the Arbroath game?

Nowak and from what i’ve seen on twitter the other one is ex Leicester youth player Morgan Brown. He played against Inverurie earlier in the week.

We need another option for the wing as going with only McGinn, GMS and Wright for the whole season is a bit light.

Would have preferred a different option but maybe better the devil you know.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

1.5M bid incoming.

And you'll take it.

Given we turned down bids for £2 million from Hull in January and subsequently extended the lad's contract, we won't be taking anywhere near £1.5 million.

52 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Was Greg Stewart even good for you lot? Apparently both Aberdeen and Hearts want him.

Curate's egg.  You know there is a very good player in there, but (IMHO) he came to us overweight (and was bang average/poor), but by the end he looked fitter and I think he was coming onto a game.

I'd like to see whether he's kept up his fitness in the off-season.  If not, then it's a no from me.  If he has and is not too expensive, I think he'd be an asset for either team.

Yours

aDONis

10 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Curate's egg.  You know there is a very good player in there, but (IMHO) he came to us overweight (and was bang average/poor), but by the end he looked fitter and I think he was coming onto a game.

I'd like to see whether he's kept up his fitness in the off-season.  If not, then it's a no from me.  If he has and is not too expensive, I think he'd be an asset for either team.

Yours

aDONis

I think Greg himself admitted that he let himself go last summer and didn't really have as much of a pre season as he could have done.  If he's been smart this year then I reckon he'd be a decent signing.

Would happily have Stewart back, especially if he comes back in a fitter state than he arrived last season.

There were a number of games last season where the old 'pass marks' were given out, and more oten than not Stewart was one who got them for at least trying to create something when we struggled. Bit of a luxury player at times but he very rarely gives the ball away and can create something out of nothing.

The only issue with him is that a free role is his most suited position as opposed to out wide.

7 hours ago, gkneil said:

The only issue with him is that a free role is his most suited position as opposed to out wide.

This is a great point, and should definitely be considered. We look solid in the centre of the park so any wide men would certainly be an advantage.