The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That's actually the backup toaster.  The main one has a show at the Edinburgh festival and is away getting prepped for it right now.  People pay just to come in and fkn marvel at it.

Your two slicer's fine. Lord four slice can fucking bolt, bet the boy's a Tory

Edited by HaikuHibee

Today I attended a terrific game at Tannadice, stood with the good men and women of the Pars as they ran out 3-2 victors in a game where the score line really flattered the home side.

Got me thinking about our situation. When McInnes took over, you'd say Utd were in as good, if not better, a situation as us. Highly rated young manager in McNamara, superb young players breaking through, decent support through the gates each week. Solid base to build off.

Now since then they've got to a few cup finals, finished as high as 5th, and made a lot of cash from transfer fees.

They've also been relegated, and are now beginning their third season in the 2nd tier.

We've finished 3rd, 2nd x3, won a trophy and made a little money off player sales.

For me it shows just how difficult a job McInnes has had to keep the club where it is, where it belongs. It also shows how well the board have done, to keep players for as long as possible, realising that a cash injection isn't always preferable to retaining a great player. When Utd lost Robertson, Gauld, GMS, Armstrong and Ciftci in quick succession, it ripped the team apart. We've kept our best players when possible, and McInnes has managed that so well.

Consistency is something that is so rare in football, and it may not be as exciting as raising your level, as he did in his first couple of years, but it's arguably more impressive, more difficult, and worthy of more praise. I'm so excited to go into this season, starting with those arseholes tomorrow. Fuckin INTAE them.

You've also got to say the strips come into it. The Utd kit is fucking disgusting, I mean orange? f**k off. We look class in red. Red's the boy.

Today I attended a terrific game at Tannadice, stood with the good men and women of the Pars as they ran out 3-2 victors in a game where the score line really flattered the home side.

Got me thinking about our situation. When McInnes took over, you'd say Utd were in as good, if not better, a situation as us. Highly rated young manager in McNamara, superb young players breaking through, decent support through the gates each week. Solid base to build off.

Now since then they've got to a few cup finals, finished as high as 5th, and made a lot of cash from transfer fees.

They've also been relegated, and are now beginning their third season in the 2nd tier.

We've finished 3rd, 2nd x3, won a trophy and made a little money off player sales.

For me it shows just how difficult a job McInnes has had to keep the club where it is, where it belongs. It also shows how well the board have done, to keep players for as long as possible, realising that a cash injection isn't always preferable to retaining a great player. When Utd lost Robertson, Gauld, GMS, Armstrong and Ciftci in quick succession, it ripped the team apart. We've kept our best players when possible, and McInnes has managed that so well.

Consistency is something that is so rare in football, and it may not be as exciting as raising your level, as he did in his first couple of years, but it's arguably more impressive, more difficult, and worthy of more praise. I'm so excited to go into this season, starting with those arseholes tomorrow. Fuckin INTAE them.

You've also got to say the strips come into it. The Utd kit is fucking disgusting, I mean orange? f**k off. We look class in red. Red's the boy.

AMEN

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

1 drink lots of water before bed; it will help ward off tbe hangover.

2 I know what you mean about "where we belong" but it's a privilege to be earned and not a right. we're not OF twats.

3 agreed, intae them, heid first.

5 hours ago, Navallion said:

What would the outcome be of a dilemma in which Aberdeen draw a team from North Korea in the Europa League and start chanting stand free when it very much isn't a free country.

What are you smoking ?

1 drink lots of water before bed; it will help ward off tbe hangover.
2 I know what you mean about "where we belong" but it's a privilege to be earned and not a right. we're not OF twats.
3 agreed, intae them, heid first.

My mouth is very dry, but other than that, feelin fine!

I'll tell yous another thing. There's a massive amount of simmering resentment for the **** at Dunfermline. From what I can gather it's from the whole "sink us and we'll sink you" garbage, obviously they went into admin pretty soon after the **** went belly up. "Rangers died and the Pars survived" was sung a few times, and their ex-players who were now at Utd, Nicky Clark and Fraser Aird, came in for a LOT of "*** *** ***" treatment.

It was great fun, would recommend.

15 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Couple of points.  Until McKenna Aberdeen have never had anybody worth selling, you can only sell if other teams actually want your players.  And McInnes has kept Aberdeen above where they belong, not where.  They should be 4th or 5th, as both Hibs and hearts are bigger clubs.

Couple of points.  Until McKenna Aberdeen have never had anybody worth selling, you can only sell if other teams actually want your players.  And McInnes has kept Aberdeen above where they belong, not where.  They should be 4th or 5th, as both Hibs and hearts are bigger clubs.

Hahaha what

bitter and twisted,come back to the big boys forum when your team do,long time to wait my depressed friend