The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Think he'll see very little game time if they go up unfortunately, being a new signing I doubt he'll even see the PL pay rise.

In any case, good luck Graeme. The guy is without doubt one of my favourite Dons players in my time supporting us so hope he does well. And he didn't go 'there' so that's always good.

Incredibly difficult player to replace though. 

:(

Shinnies too weak to play CM in top level English football, can you imagine him trying to hold off Pogba?

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shinnies too weak to play CM in top level English football, can you imagine him trying to hold off Pogba?

Pogba's level of effort for a match against Derby will make Shinniesta look like Iniesta.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Incredibly difficult player to replace though. 

:(

Last two seasons - matches without him

Motherwell h lost 0-2

Hibs a lost 0-2

Motherwell SCSF lost 0-3

Last few weeks

Celtic SCSF lost 0-3

Sevco a lost 0-2

Celtic h lost 0-3

Yet I read on social media that replacing him will be easy - Lewis and Deano will handle that nae bother apparently......

Shinnie will definitely be missed.
As has been said before, this summer transfer window is going to be huge for us - it will have to be, given the numbers of changes that will occur.

I fear for us a little. I suspect that the funds required for the new stadium construction are  going to be major restricting factor in how much is available.  As a DNA member, I accept that the money I, and the others provide through that scheme is just a drop in the bucket.   

would Paul Coutts be a realistic target? Anyone know what type of central midfielder he is eg holding, box to box, playmaker etc

He was in the away end at Burnley. I asked him and he said no [emoji1].

I think in reality the finances are just a different world down there. A loan would be our only option just now but I reckon he’ll want to give himself a chance in the PL.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was in the away end at Burnley. I asked him and he said no emoji1.png.

I think in reality the finances are just a different world down there. A loan would be our only option just now but I reckon he’ll want to give himself a chance in the PL.

He's released to free transfer.

He wants to play and is looking for a club that can give him 40-45 games a season.

Great signing or another Gleeson? Note Gleeson's CV is definitely superior

In one of Boyd’s anti-Shinnie diatribes, he mentioned that Paul Coutts was a much better player and should be in the Scotland squad ahead of him!

Presumably he’s already minted, so maybe a couple of years at his hometown club is a good shout.

McInnes mentioned tonight at an event that 3 players from the 8 new ones required likely to be secured within next week or so, including “captain material”.

Maybe putting two and two together and getting five, but this seems plausible.

Shaughnessy could be the captain material comment?

Imagine it would be, if only because we’ve confirmed interest in him and I’m not sure we’d have the foresight to move that quickly for Coutts if he’s only been freed in the last day or so.

A bit meh but wouldn’t be horrified. Cover for right back too I guess.