The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, d31 said:

I agree I cant see us being in for him as we didnt make a big play at any other point since he came to Scotland.

We need to move on from McGeouch though if it cant be done quickly

if it relates to the Sunderland takeover that could drag things out too long for our liking

Are we really in for  mcgeouch . as looks like they be wanting fee.   might be surprise with this midfielder  coming in this week.   Can see it being early. in the week with euro tie nearly here.   .Another  mate raving about gallagher yesterday .  .. only friendly but it sounds like he might play more  games than we thought 

6 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Are we really in for  mcgeouch . as looks like they be wanting fee.   might be surprise with this midfielder  coming in this week.   Can see it being early. in the week with euro tie nearly here.   .Another  mate raving about gallagher yesterday .  .. only friendly but it sounds like he might play more  games than we thought 

McInnes saying he wants two before the squad registration normally in his speak means he sees it as a possibility. He'd be more guarded if there was nothing on horizon so as to dampen expectations

Yea, very interesting to see Gallagher start and play the 90 - thats encouraging that he is not a complete write off 

Mcgeough seems to be getting hibs fans in a state. majority times he struggled against us but then so did rest them.    if it’s true then he is obviously here to play the role jack the c**t played. which we have missed.  no doubts about  that .    rumoured 4 year deal would be big gamble . one full season last few years? .  i think we’re nae after him  but no doubt he would do a decent job in front the back 4.  .  hopefully our business  is done this week . . would like wilson signed up .  

Any of you fucking mugs going to the Caley game at Borough Briggs?  I presume both teams just couldn't be arsed going all the way through to Inverness/Aberdeen?

55 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’ll be there Scarf, catch you in the Granary 

Good pub m6, about the only acceptable one in Elgin.

On 30/06/2019 at 09:55, Frank Grimes said:

86DDC753-C92C-49B3-8372-91A6B686E0F8.gif

Christ this thread took a wrong turn over the weekend.

Not sure I get the apparent animosity directed towards us by a section of the Killie support.

To be honest, Kilmarnock are a club I've always respected, particulaily their support who have chosen to not take the path of least resistance in terms of Scottish football.

Maybe we should have a Keith Wyness type hug at next season's first match to right all the ills ;)

Any of you fucking mugs going to the Caley game at Borough Briggs?  I presume both teams just couldn't be arsed going all the way through to Inverness/Aberdeen?
I don't really do friendlies. Pretty sure the last one I was at was the one against Coventry where Peter Ndlovu scored a hat trick prompting Strachan to take pity on us and sub him off at half time, and then also sub himself on for a 15 minute cameo at the end.

4 minutes ago, resk said:
7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I don't really do friendlies. Pretty sure the last one I was at was the one against Coventry where Peter Ndlovu scored a hat trick prompting Strachan to take pity on us and sub him off at half time, and then also sub himself on for a 15 minute cameo at the end.

I might head along just because I like BB.  We'll likely get pumped comfortably but it will give the players, management and fans an idea of where we are.  We also have St Johnstone and Hearts in the next week or so, so a nice change from the usual HL sides.

Used to go to friendlies a lot when I was a kid. I think it was cos my Dad was a cheapskate. Met Preece, Anderson, Calderwood and Nicholl at Borough Briggs after a win over Elgin there 2004, just after he’d been appointed. Got them to sign my top.

Wouldn’t go now unless it was really convenient. I did go to the Viking Stavanger away match a few years back, although that wasn’t a friendly, that was a major European trophy (the Energy Cities Cup). My dad was staying out there at the time and I thought I might as well time it for when the Dandies were over.

Second time I went to visit him, we watched Ronny Deila’s Strømsgodset team fail to clinch the title away to Trømso up north of the arctic circle. Then we went to watch Biffy Clyro, which was pretty sweet.

I saw about 50 folk travelled to Cork to watch us play out a 0-0 with Connagh’s Quay Nomads. Sometimes I think I’m a bit obsessive about football, but then I see those lads. Fair fucking play to their partners.

11 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Used to go to friendlies a lot when I was a kid. I think it was cos my Dad was a cheapskate. Met Preece, Anderson, Calderwood and Nicholl at Borough Briggs after a win over Elgin there 2004, just after he’d been appointed. Got them to sign my top.

Wouldn’t go now unless it was really convenient. I did go to the Viking Stavanger away match a few years back, although that wasn’t a friendly, that was a major European trophy (the Energy Cities Cup). My dad was staying out there at the time and I thought I might as well time it for when the Dandies were over.

Second time I went to visit him, we watched Ronny Deila’s Strømsgodset team fail to clinch the title away to Trømso up north of the arctic circle. Then we went to watch Biffy Clyro, which was pretty sweet.

I saw about 50 folk travelled to Cork to watch us play out a 0-0 with Connagh’s Quay Nomads. Sometimes I think I’m a bit obsessive about football, but then I see those lads. Fair fucking play to their partners.

c6e93d9c-cd8d-0c76-500b-62c88dd2cffb?t=1

Loved the friendlies back in the day .. with europe ties not starting till September the summer was great for trips.  Rotterdam tournament in 88 . missed the 87  away tie with with them which was gutted about .   Couple years before that i think was Torquay and Exeter and Plymouth.  . early 90s was another great Dutch trip for games .. and late 90s was St Pauli   away .and played them again years later .

Best friendlies I've been to were way back in 1981when we held a pre season tournament featuring Dons, West Ham Southampton & Man Utd.

We played West Ham first, Man Utd played Southampton.

Think the organisers were looking for an Aberdeen v Man Utd final but didn't quite work out that as Southampton beat Man Utd on the Saturday.

In the final we put five past Southampton during a 5-1 win to take the £15,000 first prize.

Not too sure how many pre season friendlies I've been to since to be honest but certainly not many