The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

26 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Yeah, I especially don’t think we’d be immediately looking at moving in Logan, Hedges and McGeouch (nevermind Cosgrove/McKenna) if we’ve just sacked/terminated the contract of two senior players (delete as appropriate).

I’d also be very disappointed if Shay left. For sure I don’t expect, or particularly hope, he will be first choice this season, but he is a very able deputy, Hernandez is still unproven at this level, and with his new plumbing business on the go it seems he is setting up in the city.

Plus he’s been at the club for years and fucking loves the Dons.

Yip. As I said I don't believe half of it. No idea why players would hand in a request when everyone knows they're available for sale either.

20 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We discussed about in few weeks ago. Let McKenna & Taylor have the ball. 

The inevitable happens. Punt. 

Random and Ali. Not the enlightened such as yourself 😉

57 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Chris Harvey now deleted this tweet interestingly. 

Seen a few suggest he may have deleted it as it could have indicated they were the two who contracted COVID. Not sure on the ins and outs of the return to work guidance so can’t comment on how reliable this is.

Though, if this was the case, I don’t know if he would be bound by any type of rules regarding patient confidentiality, bar wanting to stay on good terms with the club etc.

2 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Seen a few suggest he may have deleted it as it could have indicated they were the two who contracted COVID. Not sure on the ins and outs of the return to work guidance so can’t comment on how reliable this is.

Though, if this was the case, I don’t know if he would be bound by any type of rules regarding patient confidentiality, bar wanting to stay on good terms with the club etc.

Or they were there collecting their belongings!

St. Johnstone fans get irate when you suggest they use this tactic. They take it as some sort of insult when it's intended as a compliment.
Got to agree with you. Never until why some of our fans get so pissed off with it, our success over the last decade came from stopping the opposition playing and then getting forward quickly. I'm proud of it tbh. Loved hearing the Jackie Mac's of this world greeting about Saints tactics and how it's "easier to destroy than create".

19 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I thought that too but the Sun is reporting 6 of the 8 were back training again today. He might not have known that at the time though.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:
St. Johnstone fans get irate when you suggest they use this tactic. They take it as some sort of insult when it's intended as a compliment.

Got to agree with you. Never until why some of our fans get so pissed off with it, our success over the last decade came from stopping the opposition playing and then getting forward quickly. I'm proud of it tbh. Loved hearing the Jackie Mac's of this world greeting about Saints tactics and how it's "easier to destroy than create".

Saints fans get a wee bit foamy at the mouth when we stand off teams too. 

"Close him down then!!!!" Even though he's standing 90 yards from goal and will be easy for them to just pass it round you. 

That's football fans in general I guess. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Whatever happens, I’m just happy we’ve beaten Hibs to another one of their targets 

The Leith minks need an annual reminder of their place IMHO 

They would have been desperate to sign him as well. Motherwells midfield dominated them at the weekend.

15 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Whatever happens, I’m just happy we’ve beaten Hibs to another one of their targets 

The Leith minks need an annual reminder of their place IMHO 

yes agreed. 

also anyone wanting Shay Logan out right now is out of their  mind, excellent backup at this stage in his career and exactly the sort of personality we need to keep around

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

Neither of them were the positive cases anyway.

The 6 who had to self-isolate returned today, the positive cases return later in the week. 

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Chris Harvey now deleted this tweet interestingly. 

The two players that tested positively will have had their isolation periods come to an end. This probably means that Bryson and Devlin were the two positive players.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

The two players that tested positively will have had their isolation periods come to an end. This probably means that Bryson and Devlin were the two positive players.

That was my thought, the other 6 who haven't tested positive need to do the full 14 day isolation, if any of them are back training then that's a breach of the guidance again! Surely Aberdeen haven't made that mistake though, they'll have asked a million times for clarification.

Thought Bruce Anderson was one of the confirmed cases anyway?