The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, criticising the mccrorie deal is absolutely bizarre. Exactly the type of signing we should be making. 

I wonder if you should've committed to signing him last Summer for this Summer, if that makes sense, as presumably it means you can't spend anything this window.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wonder if you should've committed to signing him last Summer for this Summer, if that makes sense, as presumably it means you can't spend anything this window.

I think we took an opportunity that presented itself at the time. I’m sure with hindsight you can pick holes in it but overall it’s a smart investment that we should see back both on in the pitch and eventually in the bank. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Found one. Callum Morris from Utd. 

That was a weird one as well. Even more bemusing for the fans than signing Main. Pretty sure even at the time it was just for the sake of getting numbers but still a very odd one.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My point was he's not a "proven goalscorer", because he has 3 senior goals and is 22.

Countered by his youth goals, which was countered by the fact over 50% were against San Marino and Andorra, and I don't think thats a level of opponent that's relevant to the Scottish top flight.

It's all very simple.

Well 4 unless you don’t count the Belgian cup either.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think we took an opportunity that presented itself at the time. I’m sure with hindsight you can pick holes in it but overall it’s a smart investment that we should see back both on in the pitch and eventually in the bank. 

That's fair.

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Well 4 unless you don’t count the Belgian cup either.

It still doesn't mean he's a "proven goalscorer", which was my entire my point.

I've no idea why you've taken such umbrage at that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's fair.

It still doesn't mean he's a "proven goalscorer", which was my entire my point.

I've no idea why you've taken such umbrage at that.

I’ve no idea why you took umbrage at someone describing him as a proven scorer in the first place. Why do you give a shit?

A risk/mistake, that was made in the Summer when you decided to run with Main as your only, permanent, 2nd choice striker.
Maybe just me but you've always looked like a club that don't particularly plan things that well. Signings are just sort of made on a vague idea of what McInnes wants to do with the knowledge he thinks the players joining are good, so he'll figure it out once they've joined.

McInnes always states that Aberdeen work a couple of windows in advance, no reason to doubt him at all....

10 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That was a weird one as well. Even more bemusing for the fans than signing Main. Pretty sure even at the time it was just for the sake of getting numbers but still a very odd one.

I think we'd signed Paul Quinn the year before. Guess we just needed cheap centre backs for some reason. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I think we'd signed Paul Quinn the year before. Guess we just needed cheap centre backs for some reason. 

I think Quinn had looked decent at County the season before and as a Scot who had played a number of seasons down south before heading back up thats right in Mcinnes usual range of signings. Besides the goal against Celtic I don’t remember that much about him but he was shipped off pretty quick. Was he that bad?

Just now, Rodhull said:

I think Quinn had looked decent at County the season before and as a Scot who had played a number of seasons down south before heading back up thats right in Mcinnes usual range of signings. Besides the goal against Celtic I don’t remember that much about him but he was shipped off pretty quick. Was he that bad?

Wouldn’t call him a failure. He was fairly average but didn’t get a regular game and think he eventually just wanted away back to the highlands so we let him go. 

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He was ok. I don't remember him being a stand out at County. Think he left because he wanted first team football.  He was a less baffling signing than Morris. 

My memory of Quinn was that he was incredibly vocal in the home Rijeka game. I was in the Main Stand that game (nae idea why like) and all you could hear was him constantly telling the rest of the defence where to be. I was quite impressed for someone so  new to the club to be giving out orders like that, and generally thought he was ok. The Celtic goal for us wasnt even the best goal them he scored that season, pretty sure he got the winner for County in the LC semi after he went back there! Decent player, certainly doesnt deserve to be filed under Callum Morris. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

I’ve no idea why you took umbrage at someone describing him as a proven scorer in the first place. Why do you give a shit?

Because I'm a nosey gobshite, are you new here?

There's yer Cosgrove officially away now.

Cosgrove has been ace for us over the piece, but it was the right time to go, and certainly appears to be the right price. Main has offered about as much as Cosgrove this year, so were not much worse off, and if we can get in another option then we should be strengthened. 

hope he fucks the championship up