The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, d31 said:

we certainly played better on Saturday but lets see how we go tonight. I hope a brand new striker will help us show some urgency to create a chance for him.

If the striker is able to take the ball into feet and bring his teammates into the game a la Watkins, we'll have a lot more success at creating chances for him.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/aberdeen-city-council-willing-to-provide-funding-for-dons-beach-stadium/

Quite the U turn from AFC considering they spent so much time on the original application arguing that the stadium and training facilities had to be built alongside one another. 

Nothing is a U turn yet and any stadium will be ten years away.

I think down the line, if the plans do change, Covid will have been a pretty decent excuse.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/aberdeen-city-council-willing-to-provide-funding-for-dons-beach-stadium/

Quite the U turn from AFC considering they spent so much time on the original application arguing that the stadium and training facilities had to be built alongside one another. 

We've done this to death on here but basically the council are willing to have the stadium in the clubs preferred location. They've rejected applications for this area previously which forced our hand in to looking at the shire.

Club would be daft not to consider it. Especially as the council are asking for it to be included as part of the beach front regeneration.

Edited by Merkland Red

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

Nothing is a U turn yet and any stadium will be ten years away.

I think down the line, if the plans do change, Covid will have been a pretty decent excuse.

And you will be quids in with all that lovely land to sell at Kingsford!

FWIW I think having a new stadium close to where you are is much, much better. Whilst it's not located within the city centre it's much more appealing than sitting on a bus out to Westhill.  

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

We've done this to death on here but basically the council are willing to have the stadium in the clubs preferred location. They've rejected applications for this area previously which forced our hand in to looking at the shire.

Club would be daft not to consider it. Especially as the council are asking for it to be included as part of the beach front regeneration.

Fair enough.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

And you will be quids in with all that lovely land to sell at Kingsford!

FWIW I think having a new stadium close to where you are is much, much better. Whilst it's not located within the city centre it's much more appealing than sitting on a bus out to Westhill.  

Fair enough.

Yes if the beach project is a go-er the spare land at Kingsford does come in to play as an interesting factor.

But as I've said above ten years away would be my guess so no need to get excited, angry, bothered, happy quite yet.

Because of the pandemic we'll be staying at pittodrie for a long time.

5 minutes ago, d31 said:

Yes if the beach project is a go-er the spare land at Kingsford does come in to play as an interesting factor.

But as I've said above ten years away would be my guess so no need to get excited, angry, bothered, happy quite yet.

Because of the pandemic we'll be staying at pittodrie for a long time.

It'll be better for Aberdeen city centre as well which I wonder is playing on ACCs mind as we emerge from the pandemic, changes to adapt to decreasing O & G work etc in the years ahead.

Regardless, I suspect I'll be more concerned with getting to Bayview than Pittodrie / New Pittodrie sadly.

Edited by RiG

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

It'll be better for Aberdeen city centre as well which I wonder is playing on ACCs mind as we emerge from the pandemic, changes to adapt to decreasing O & G work etc in the years ahead.

Regardless, I suspect I'll be more concerned with getting to Bayview than Pittodrie / New Pittodrie sadly.

That's New Bayview. Should never have moved to Lower Methil. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I see no downside for anyone in this proposal. Club get to build a new stadium within 10 mins of Pittodrie, get cash to do it, and we're able to sell the land at Kingsford. 

The council have a focal point for a (near) city centre regeneration. 

Fans are ecstatic, pubs nearby...I'm presuming the Saltoun is the closest....rub their hands in glee. 

But, being Aberdeen, there will be some Nimby fuckwits desperate to ruin the whole thing. Of that I've no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I see no downside for anyone in this proposal. Club get to build a new stadium within 10 mins of Pittodrie, get cash to do it, and we're able to sell the land at Kingsford. 

The council have a focal point for a (near) city centre regeneration. 

Fans are ecstatic, pubs nearby...I'm presuming the Saltoun is the closest....rub their hands in glee. 

But, being Aberdeen, there will be some Nimby fuckwits desperate to ruin the whole thing. Of that I've no doubt. 

Yeah I think this is the best scenario.

Don't discount the ACC fucking it up either.

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I cant really remember what he was like at our good pals in govan, I had lost interest in his career at that point.

He was ok - but didn't join us at the best time.  However, he was a trier and, more importantly, was pretty mobile so will be a big upgrade on Cosgrove and Main.

I always like to see our former players do well so wish him the best at Pittodrie.