The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Have you all been in at the meths again? Considine is a horrendous left back. Good, dependable centre back. Absolute gem of a man. Horrific left back.

I'm with you on that, as a left back he was ok unless the player had pace and then he struggled. I actually think Considine has been poor since he got into the Scotland squad, but hopefully performances will improve with new management team. 

I think some lads are at risk of breaking the golden unwritten rule of admitting big Andy is a bang average footballer. 

Let’s be honest, if you’re expecting him to be Max Lowe, you’ll be disappointed. If you expect him to be scott McKenna, you’ll be equally let down. 

What he offers is consistency of performance within his own limits. That sounds disparaging but it’s an underrated quality. Add that to the fact he’s an aberdonian and simply a cracking guy and he’s rightly a club legend. 

Considine is the rarity of coming through at a club that is absolutely his level.  Had he been at somebody like Saints he'd be held up as the next coming, if he'd been a Grimmer who went south ASAP he'd be a shrug/"oh yeah Doug's boy" or a "one that got away" Maloney. Never forget he broke his own leg trying to score https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-win-is-marred-by-serious-injury-1511001

9 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Considine is the rarity of coming through at a club that is absolutely his level.  Had he been at somebody like Saints he'd be held up as the next coming, if he'd been a Grimmer who went south ASAP he'd be a shrug/"oh yeah Doug's boy" or a "one that got away" Maloney. Never forget he broke his own leg trying to score https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-win-is-marred-by-serious-injury-1511001

I don't remember the incident at all but on his open goal interview he said Declan Gallagher came up to him in the Scotland squad and admitted that he broke his leg. Up to that point Considine had thought it was another Dundee player.

A new start today, dead exciting really! great to hear that the players are busting a gut in training for glass. 

Considines comments on co-comms were quite revealing earlier in the season saying he wished wed push on to win more, and almost criticising a defensive sub as it come on. hes one of us, and I fucking love it

39 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:

He's hardly going to go on tv to say training is piss easy and consists of a game of 5s then a fish supper though.

30 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

sounds like a dream saturday afternoon!

Decent tactic to entice Griffiths imo

36 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Well done tonight the Dons. A winning start for Glass in the end. Surely we can beat the Jutes at home and try and keep improving from there.

The character to come back from behind twice was the most pleasing aspect for me.

Lots still wrong with the team but getting through in Cup ties is all that matters

Deserved win for us. As others say plenty to improve and it was only after Mcginn's brilliant first goal we got going.

Livingston fair enough play to their strengths and work hard. But jesus the long hoofs and tactical fouling for the whole game from them is tough to watch.

Good start for Glass.

As your guy said,to come behind twice was testament to what could have been a potential banana skin for yous.No complaints from me as a Livi fan.We gave it our best shot,which actually surprised me.Not disgraced to go out in that fashion.But well done Aberdeen and good luck in the next round.See you soon at our place. 👍

57 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

As your guy said,to come behind twice was testament to what could have been a potential banana skin for yous.No complaints from me as a Livi fan.We gave it our best shot,which actually surprised me.Not disgraced to go out in that fashion.But well done Aberdeen and good luck in the next round.See you soon at our place. 👍

Cheers. Hopefully you can give Hibs a doing before then.

It wasn’t the best of first half’s by all accounts, although I missed it, but as poor as Kamberi was last week, he was excellent when he came on yesterday and the match changed from then on. The first Livingston goal was poor from our point of view, and the second wasn’t a penalty, but our two goals were really well worked and superbly finished. We also created a fair bit of havoc in the Livingston box in extra time without getting any breaks. Apart from Lewis Ferguson’s penalty, all the guys looked confident taking them and all hit them well, particularly liked Deano’s one, really calm guy. Unfortunately, McLennan has been really poor when he has been on the pitch in the last few weeks, and he definitely doesn’t deserve a start against Celtic. No idea how big a loss Joe Lewis would be if he’s out for a while, because I know next to nothing about Woods.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It wasn’t the best of first half’s by all accounts, although I missed it, but as poor as Kamberi was last week, he was excellent when he came on yesterday and the match changed from then on. The first Livingston goal was poor from our point of view, and the second wasn’t a penalty, but our two goals were really well worked and superbly finished. We also created a fair bit of havoc in the Livingston box in extra time without getting any breaks. Apart from Lewis Ferguson’s penalty, all the guys looked confident taking them and all hit them well, particularly liked Deano’s one, really calm guy. Unfortunately, McLennan has been really poor when he has been on the pitch in the last few weeks, and he definitely doesn’t deserve a start against Celtic. No idea how big a loss Joe Lewis would be if he’s out for a while, because I know next to nothing about Woods.

Hamilton fans thought it was very funny when we signed him...