The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Highloon said:

Absolutely. They are a bunch of shite bags. And being fair, Glass did nothing to change things until it was too late, which is worrying. How the fek can Kamberi finish the game? Hayes should have been hooked at half time. 

Feking typical, that we have blown a great opportunity when the OF are absent. 

It was never an opportunity though.

The team has been nothing short of dreadful for most of this calendar year. That does not provide any sort of opportunity to win silverware.

5 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Kamberi finished the game because he's one of about 2 players who have the technical ability to play themselves out a press.

Our technical ability is absolutely laughable. 

Agree, we have a lack of ability, but Kamberi should have been removed. Kamberi showed no technical ability. He was responsible for losing the ball at the first goal and did not track back.  He appeared weak as piss, was constantly bullied, and unable to hold the ball up. 

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The at Johnstone is evidence enough you're raging. Been there myself several times this season 🤣

I even spotted the autocorrect before I posted and went with it anyway because I couldn’t be arsed. 

First world rage. 

2 minutes ago, big al said:

It was never an opportunity though.

The team has been nothing short of dreadful for most of this calendar year. That does not provide any sort of opportunity to win silverware.

Yes we have been dreadful. And yes, not playing like that. Had we won the game then we had an opportunity. I guess I was expecting more after our showing against Celtic where we were brave, and much improved. Hey ho! 

17 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I have a strong hatred of our current crop. 

It is a horrible football cliche, and one I generally hate, but today's result was hugely down to a lack of determination and effort. The second goal epitomised that. 

The chips have been down umpteen times this season, and our lot shirk away, they hide, they don't take risks. 

Id get rid of all of the out of contracts, aside from maybe Ethan Ross- who could be useful if nurtured. 

I'd punt Kennedy ASAP. 18 months in and he's in no way proven to be value for money, has lots of the ball most games and more often than not fails to contribute. 

Everyone says we're so lucky to have Hoban, I don't buy that. A very, very limited footballer, only an average player in our league. 

You’re probably right on all of this. Hoban has been especially poor of late. 

I think this season and this squad are just finished now tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Highloon said:

Yes we have been dreadful. And yes, not playing like that. Had we won the game then we had an opportunity. I guess I was expecting more after our showing against Celtic where we were brave, and much improved. Hey ho! 

Yeah, I think quite a few got a bit carried away by a decent showing in parts of that game. A poor Celtic side with nothing to play for though. 

13 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

🙄

You've been spewing this before Derek left.

How you can't think extra time Saturday, Wednesday then Sunday shouldn't be a factor us beyond me. If that's the case then why did United rest half their team?

It's not why we lost but it's certainly a factor. Half the players could barely run by 80mins against Celtic.

Call it 'spewing' if you like, and today I was close to it.

My observation is that at a lot of dandies took the relative defensive solidity of the previous regime for granted - and it's just a concern that it can so easily go back to the days of sides (other than just the gruesomes) coming up to Pittodrie and winning easily.

Today reminded me of some of those eras (I had to do a double take that I wasn't watching Grassi and Ifil - or Whyte and Solberg).

The players had no idea what they were doing, we left slow defenders exposed with full-backs caught of position, failed to use the squad effectively (if fatigue was an issue) and our bottom six opponents looked like they could score at will.  Today was such an important match and it was a total self-destruction. United played well, but we made it so easy for them.

I'm all for changing the style, but Rome wasn't built in a day - an element of pragmatism based on personnel available surely needed to be considered, especially given the importance of this match.  Agree that some of these players are lost causes - and it's hard to make a case for any of the out of contract players after today. Kennedy clearly has the heart of a pea.

The result from Ibrox tonight just cements the pain of another opportunity blown................but in a strange way makes me less annoyed that we threw away third place, with Hibs fans rightly observing is now as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Edited by tarapoa

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Calling it 'spewing' if you like, and today I was close to it.

My observation is that at a lot of dandies took the relative defensive solidity of the previous regime for granted - and it's just a concern that it can so easily go back to the days of sides (other than just the gruesomes) coming up to Pittodrie and winning easily.

Today reminded me of some of those eras (I had to do a double take that I wasn't watching Grassi and Ifil - or Whyte and Solberg).

The players had no idea what they were doing, we left slow defenders exposed with full-backs caught of position, failed to use the squad effectively (if fatigue was an issue) and our bottom six opponents looked like they could score at will.  Today was such an important match and it was a total self-destruction. United played well, but we made it so easy for them.

I'm all for changing the style, but Rome wasn't built in a day - an element of pragmatism based on personnel available surely needed to be considered, especially given the importance of this match.  Agree that some of these players are lost causes - and it's hard to make a case for any of the out of contract players after today, and Kennedy clearly has the heart of a pea.

The result from Ibrox tonight just cements the pain of another opportunity blown................but in a strange way makes me less annoyed that we threw away third place, with Hibs fans rightly observing is now as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit.

What squad? 

The previous manager left us very short in key positions. We were also missing three players who had a good chance of starting if available (McCrorie, Hedges, Taylor) with MacKenzie also knocking on the door. 

Glass has been left a shambles to deal with. Let's give him more than three games before we pine for Derek McInnes.

IMO Glass should be implementing his style now. There's no point of him setting the team up to play the way he wants to play in the summer before the European (fingers crossed) games. Get the players who will be able to play accustomed. Cup game or not.

52 minutes ago, coprolite said:

At least we're not hard to beat anymore. That shit was boring. 

Maybe Atlanta will have a couple of tasty latinos that can play out bonnie from the back, have the pace to cover half the pitch and handle the physical onslaught of a windswept November Tuesday night at Fir Park.  We live in hope.   (actually don't we have one of them to return to us at right-back at some point?).

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Calling it 'spewing' if you like, and today I was close to it.

I'm all for changing the style, but Rome wasn't built in a day - an element of pragmatism based on personnel available surely needed to be considered, especially given the importance of this match.  Agree that some of these players are lost causes - and it's hard to make a case for any of the out of contract players after today. Kennedy clearly has the heart of a pea.

I agree with this.

I was a McInnes fan but  I do think a management change was the right time. Wasn't impressed with the appointment of Glass but he has my full backing. After today I do have my doubts with Glass as he went on about the players being tired on RedTV but he didn't make a sub till the 62 minute. He should have been making a sub/formation change before United got their 2nd. 

Massive rebuild but Glass should get time as the new team will takes awhile to settle. Lets hope he gets recruitment more right than wrong

Edited by betting competition

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, Highloon said:

Agree, we have a lack of ability, but Kamberi should have been removed. Kamberi showed no technical ability. He was responsible for losing the ball at the first goal and did not track back.  He appeared weak as piss, was constantly bullied, and unable to hold the ball up. 

Bizzarely, we wanted to Kamberi yesterday to play the role of a right midfielder who gave support to Ramsey, but also to get up the park as a right winger, and I presume support Hendry and try and create and score goals. 

Given that he was apparently signed as a striker, to presumably score goals, he must be wondering what the f**k he's doing at Pittodrie having to chase United midfielders back to the corner flag. 

What a joke. I agree that Glass has been left with a paper thin squad, but there was a touch of the McGhee's about yesterday.........players stumbling around wondering what they were meant to be doing. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

I agree with this.

I was a McInnes fan but  I do think a management change was the right time. Wasn't impressed with the appointment of Glass but he has my full backing. After today I do have my doubts with Glass as he went on about the players being tired on RedTV but he didn't make a sub till the 62 minute. He should have been making a sub/formation change before United got their 2nd. 

Massive rebuild but Glass should get time as the new team will takes awhile to settle. Lets hope he gets recruitment more right than wrong

I knew after watching for 15 minutes that we were losing that game. (And I'm no tactical genius.)

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Folk who were dead set against the change from the beginning with the knives out for Glass already. They should at least give him the courtesy of a summer to get his own players in and give him a proper chance to coach them to play the way he wants us to play. 

I've also seen avid "McInnes-out"ers on twitter claiming that we wouldn't have lost that game with Derek in charge. The mind boggles.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

Glass getting an unfair ride of it at the moment, IMO. Derek left him an incredibly limited squad.

And Glass' post match comments (and Cosgrove's quotes about training after he left) suggests he's been left an unfit squad too.

He's also working with a large number of players at the end of their contracts; combine that with the instability caused by change in management and I imagine there's a bit of an issue with team chemistry/mentality. I think it was Gary Woods' RedTV interview where he said he didn't even know where Michael Devlin was these days. 

This is roughly what we'll have left in the summer:

Lewis

Ramsay, Considine, MacKenzie, (Hernandez?)

Campbell, Ferguson, McGeouch, Hayes, Brown, McCrorie, Kennedy, (Ojo?)

Hedges, McLennan, Ruth

Hopefully soon we start to hear some pre-contract deals being signed, because we really really need new players.

32 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

We lost a fair few huge cup games to 0 under McInnes. There was a season we lost 3-0 to Motherwell twice in the cups.

Glass getting an unfair ride of it at the moment, IMO. Derek left him an incredibly limited squad.

He never lost a Scottish Cup tie at home (with Stenhousemuir probably coming closest).

We may well have lost the tie under the McInnes - the evidence was there in recent times.  However, I am not sure it would have been as easy as that.  I do recall him once losing 3-0 at home to United, three days after the Sociedad match. We weren't that bad and were on the front-foot most of the match, but Taylor made a mistake, but then we were picked off on the break........and that was a day less recovery where the 'tired' thing have been more valid (albeit still not League One part-time tired based on this season).

Yesterday, apart from 10 min flurries at the start of the both halves, the team looked woeful in every department - tactically, positionally, fitness, attitude...........whether that can be the catalyst for 'no fkin about' when it comes to the squad surgery needed, or an early indication of the naivete of a young management team trying to change too much too quickly, time will tell.  

Edited by tarapoa

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

He’s been in the job about two weeks. The squad is hopelessly unbalanced and just not very good. 

There will be plenty of time for backslapping and McGhee comparisons next season if we end up bottom six. 

I'll stick my neck out and say that we've seen enough to suggest that we're at least not in the same ballpark of total disaster that McGhee was. And Glass will get funded which McGhee didn't.