The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19901905.aberdeen-boss-stephen-glass-opens-bruce-anderson-exit-livingston/?ref=twtrec

Looking at free agent strikers apparently.

If any of the recruitment team are reading, don’t you dare sign Griffiths.

It'll be even more puzzling if/when we sign a free agent striker who was also without a club last month...

Why would it be puzzling? There’s a strong suggestion that oor main target was the lad fae Rotherham, Ladapo, right up tae the last minute. Didnae transpire so we’re now having tae look for alternatives. That’s nae tae say we shouldn’t have maybe drawn the line wi Ladapo much earlier

1 hour ago, 72redz said:

Why would it be puzzling? There’s a strong suggestion that oor main target was the lad fae Rotherham, Ladapo, right up tae the last minute. Didnae transpire so we’re now having tae look for alternatives. That’s nae tae say we shouldn’t have maybe drawn the line wi Ladapo much earlier

Where's the strong suggestion? There was 1 article staring we had an interest in him and that was from "Football Insider" or some bollocks like that. He also handed in a transfer request with 3 weeks of the window to go and their manager confirmed on Deadline Day that there hadn't been an offer for him at any point up until that day when a club came in at the last minute to try and do a loan deal which they weren't interested in. So if that part is true and you are right in saying he was our main target then what a roaring c**t we made of it. No other words to describe it. Absolutely shambolic. 

Yup. Feels like we are in the first innings of another soul destroying run. That’s 2 points from 12 against a poor Rangers, St Mirren, Ross County, and now Livi. Almost guaranteed to be 2 from 15 at 9:30 on Wednesday.

Next up is a tough cluster of fixtures. Without a big uplift in form coming out of that, it feels inevitable that it’s time up. But Data-Dave would have to overcome his ego to realise its time to pull the trigger.

I really wanted it to work, but it's just not happening. He's not going to be sacked immediately, though, so just have to hope that we have a post-Dens-esque revival, as utterly remote as that seems. If we get thrashed by Celtic and then Motherwell knock us out of the Scottish Cup, it will turn poisonous. 

I think Jim Goodwin and Scott Brown get on well, apropos of nothing. 

We're about exactly where I predicted we'd be when this experiment started.  I agree Glass isn't the answer, but he's working to a remit that makes the job impossible.  We can't afford the creative quality to play the style of football Cormack is demanding and get results.  We can't even hold on to a player as limited as Hedges, because he can earn much more elsewhere.  And we'd need better players than Hedges to play  the way we are trying to play.  This is not being wise after the event, I've been making the same argument since before Glass was appointed.

Glass probably needs to go, but I have close to zero belief that changing the manager will fix things, because he's not the most fundamental problem.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep, I tried. I really did. 

I gave him slack after a mini revival without being convinced, but I just cannot see it. 

Im done. 

Exactly where I am.

Wasn’t convinced when we appointed him but threw myself into it out of blind loyalty. 

We’ve been a shambles pretty much all season 

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The only positive I can see is we didn't offer the job to Maloney.

Similar bullet dodged

Was interviewed apparently 

3 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

We're about exactly where I predicted we'd be when this experiment started.  I agree Glass isn't the answer, but he's working to a remit that makes the job impossible.  We can't afford the creative quality to play the style of football Cormack is demanding and get results.  We can't even hold on to a player as limited as Hedges, because he can earn much more elsewhere.  And we'd need better players than Hedges to play  the way we are trying to play.  This is not being wise after the event, I've been making the same argument since before Glass was appointed.

Glass probably needs to go, but I have close to zero belief that changing the manager will fix things, because he's not the most fundamental problem.

Well this is it. I believe the club when the say they interviewed several people for the job and Glass was the best candidate.

I believe he was the best candidate as he was the only one willing to work within that remit.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Time for Davie to grow up and give Jim Goodwin a call

Absolutely sick of this shite 

Hmmm. Not for me. St Mirren fans seem to be very up and down on him.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well this is it. I believe the club when the say they interviewed several people for the job and Glass was the best candidate.

I believe he was the best candidate as he was the only one willing to work within that remit.

Exactly.  Cormack has been accused of giving the job to a mate.  I don't believe it.  He didn't want a mate, he wanted a lightweight, a guy who was so grateful to get the job he would do what he was told.

This is fair. Glass isn't the man but he's sticking to a game plan set from an idealist chairman. The truth is fans would rather win with turgid stuff than lose with slow build up passing football.

Ultimately the squad is nowhere near as good as it looked on paper and we're still sorely lacking creativity. Our big signings save for Scott Brown and Ramirez have not worked with Gallagher in particular being a shocker.

For the remainder of the season, we need a manager who will tighten us up and play for tight wins to nil. Much as that is soul destroying, we don't have the creativity to do otherwise.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a fan who thinks we shouldn't get a new manager/staff. 

The only fan that matters though is Cormack. 

We're fucked.
This is spot on and Cormack will have to take a big hit to his ego to admit he called it wrong.

I think one of the main problems is many of our fans believe that having the ability to win a lot of league games to nil and grind out the points is somehow “soul-destroying”.

That’s what gets you up to the table - not bull$hit philosophies that involves a lot of tippy-tappy possession that goes nowhere.

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I think one of the main problems is many of our fans believe that having the ability to win a lot of league games to nil and grind out the points is somehow “soul-destroying”.

That’s what gets you up to the table - not bull$hit philosophies that involves a lot of tippy-tappy possession that goes nowhere.

It wasn't getting us up the table anymore though.