The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Spent more than that on Ronnie Hernandez.

And possibly/probably on miovski. 

Im talking specifically about Liam scales. I don’t think £750k on scales forms part of the transfer strategy we’ve employed in the last couple of years. 

Barnsley have expressed an interest in Watford centre-half Mattie Pollock, with the Tykes looking to strengthen their defensive ranks, as reported by journalist Alan Nixon via his Patreon.

Pollock is yet to appear for Watford in the Championship this season, and has been linked with a move away from Vicarage Road. The 21-year-old is on Barnsley’s radar and we may see a bid put in prior to the commencement of the transfer window.

On 17/08/2023 at 16:00, betting competition said:

You are correct:

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Europa-Conference-League-2023/24/Article-45-Player-lists-Online

For the qualifying phase and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of two new eligible players on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.

I presume this means we need to sign and register players who don't blow up our "locally trained" quota before midnight on Wednesday, or, we are limited to the current squad for both legs v Hacken? There's still plenty time in the window for deals but it is starting to look unlikely that we will be bolstered in time for the play-off.

I must admit that I had expected a bit of movement since that rotten Livi performance.  The club probably feel they can take a calculated risk for the play-off tie with a conference league safety net...... and a reasonably decent change of beating Hacken with the current squad. I hope it doesn't back fire.

Edited by bpdon

56 minutes ago, bpdon said:

I presume this means we need to sign and register players who don't blow up our "locally trained" quota before midnight on Wednesday, or, we are limited to the current squad for both legs v Hacken? There's still plenty time in the window for deals but it is starting to look unlikely that we will be bolstered in time for the play-off.

I must admit that I had expected a bit of movement since that rotten Livi performance.  The club probably feel they can take a calculated risk for the play-off tie with a conference league safety net...... and a reasonably decent change of beating Hacken with the current squad. I hope it doesn't back fire.

We won’t beat Hacken with that team/squad. 

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

We won’t beat Hacken with that team/squad. 

I can only conclude that the club aren't that concerned about getting through against Häcken.  

Stevie Wonder could tell Robson/Burrows/Gunn that this current squad isn't anywhere strong enough to compete on three fronts - but maybe once all Plan A/B avenues have been exhausted, there's a realisation that loans on deadline day is the only way we're going to get the quality and depth for the challenges ahead.

The LC opening up slightly and concluding on Dec 17 is even more reason not to f**k up the golden ticket - everything 'next window' and beyond can take of itself when the time comes.

56 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I can only conclude that the club aren't that concerned about getting through against Häcken.  

Stevie Wonder could tell Robson/Burrows/Gunn that this current squad isn't anywhere strong enough to compete on three fronts - but maybe once all Plan A/B avenues have been exhausted, there's a realisation that loans on deadline day is the only way we're going to get the quality and depth for the challenges ahead.

The LC opening up slightly and concluding on Dec 17 is even more reason not to f**k up the golden ticket - everything 'next window' and beyond can take of itself when the time comes.

It’s like the Europa League would be a “nice to have”.

I accept it’s not easy making permanent transfers for contracted players, as opposed to loans, but given we’ve taken in £3m in fees (ok, we’ve spent some of that), we have another £5m guaranteed.

I’d have hoped for maybe two first team players in before Hacken, with maybe another two in the last week of the window.

We’ll be playing Hacken with 3 or 4 that shouldn’t be in the starting X1. 

On 20/08/2023 at 00:24, HarleyQuinn said:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/football-news/oxford-united-knock-back-aberdeen-8691083

He's predominantly a left back but can play left sided centre back.

May be a sign we moved on from Scales.

should have moved on from the Scales debacle the moment a few couldn’t be agreed between the 2 clubs. Also should have gone for Stuart Findlay, a very competent left sided centre back. Rated him in his first spell at Killie and never understood why we didn’t try and get him.

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It’s like the Europa League would be a “nice to have”.

I accept it’s not easy making permanent transfers for contracted players, as opposed to loans, but given we’ve taken in £3m in fees (ok, we’ve spent some of that), we have another £5m guaranteed.

I’d have hoped for maybe two first team players in before Hacken, with maybe another two in the last week of the window.

We’ll be playing Hacken with 3 or 4 that shouldn’t be in the starting X1. 

Agree with this. Granted a few of our primary targets have not worked out, but the lack of meaningful progress on any plan B or plan C ahead of a lot of important August games, including Hacken, does hint at a lack of options or conviction. 

Hopefully the management have the measure of Hacken and their patience with signings pay off. I’m getting twitchy though. 

6 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I accept it’s not easy making permanent transfers for contracted players, as opposed to loans

Your posts would suggest otherwise. 😉

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Much prefer a Random pie chart tbh.

'Subpar player' with a replacement value of 600k euro and happens to look like Dadi In the pic I just saw. Looks/sounds perfect.

On a more seroius note there is a French CH with the same name....

Celtic sign their centre half quota and I felt it was only time until Scales came back. Now they have three central defenders out until probably into September and absolutely no chance of him returning, this window anyway 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic sign their centre half quota and I felt it was only time until Scales came back. Now they have three central defenders out until probably into September and absolutely no chance of him returning, this window anyway 

It would be a surprise if Scales wasn't sold in this window David he is too far down the pecking order not to be.
Probably end up at Fleetwood.