The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

FWIW, I think the idea of the Rangers fans in the Aberdeen end is massively over-blown. There might be the odd one, but there's the odd fan in the wrong end at more or less any fixture you care to name every weekend. I've sat in a few home ends watching Hearts play away games for different reasons over the years, and once even joined a mate in the away end at Tynecastle. Why the f**k not? We were on a day out.

But for a cup final, how many people would actually want to be in the wrong end? Completely unenjoyable and you're likely to be outed if your team's opponents score, due to your lack of enthusiasm. A cup final isn't like another game. Watching it in the wrong end would be a rubbish experience. I honestly think I'd just miss the game rather than do it. It's not like a league game.

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

FWIW, I think the idea of the Rangers fans in the Aberdeen end is massively over-blown. There might be the odd one, but there's the odd fan in the wrong end at more or less any fixture you care to name every weekend. I've sat in a few home ends watching Hearts play away games for different reasons over the years, and once even joined a mate in the away end at Tynecastle. Why the f**k not? We were on a day out.

But for a cup final, how many people would actually want to be in the wrong end? Completely unenjoyable and you're likely to be outed if your team's opponents score, due to your lack of enthusiasm. A cup final isn't like another game. Watching it in the wrong end would be a rubbish experience. I honestly think I'd just miss the game rather than do it. It's not like a league game.

As I said before, it’s overblown because it’s become a hilarious twitter shouting match between both sets of fans. 

A *** at my work said to me earlier how funny it was that Aberdeen fans were rattled about it. Aye, crack on pal. 

As they’re not a breed which is formally recognised by the kennel club, I’ve compiled a list of characteristics that can be used to identify the the rangers fans. One  or two of these may be present in normal people and they may not all be present in every sevconian but a full set is fairly conclusive:

- bald

- fat

- eyes too close together

- brown leather jacket 

- stupid and/or ignorant 

- leaving early

If you encounter one please contact a steward. Do not attempt to batter one yourself unless you’re fully inoculated.

17 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

^^ never been north of Forfar

I work in Aberdeen.

14 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’m sure, at some point, whilst he was typing it out, he thought it was mildly amusing.

It was after I hit send, I laughed. Admittedly,  not as hard as I did at your "If there's Rangers fans there, they're getting battered" line because you do come across as someone to type those things out but if a situation occurred, be screaming for the stewards to "do your god damn jobs!".

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

As I said before, it’s overblown because it’s become a hilarious twitter shouting match between both sets of fans. 

A *** at my work said to me earlier how funny it was that Aberdeen fans were rattled about it. Aye, crack on pal. 

Rangers & sellick Da’s need to post a certain amount of laughing emojis per day or Jesus will get them 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I work in Aberdeen.

It was after I hit send, I laughed. Admittedly,  not as hard as I did at your "If there's Rangers fans there, they're getting battered" line because you do come across as someone to type those things out but if a situation occurred, be screaming for the stewards to "do your god damn jobs!".

1) I don’t think there will be

2) If there is, then yes I’d think they’d be dealt with. 

In the hugely unlikely event you ever see another final, wouldn’t you think the same if it was you? 

39 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

1) I don’t think there will be

2) If there is, then yes I’d think they’d be dealt with. 

In the hugely unlikely event you ever see another final, wouldn’t you think the same if it was you? 

There's a difference between saying someone will be dealt with and "they'll get battered".

I don't doubt there would be aggro. Again, football fans are - by and large - mostly shitehouses who say things like you said and then go running in the opposite direction. It's in no way a bad thing not to choose violence but spouting "they'll get battered" is a pretty silly thing to write.

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

There's a difference between saying someone will be dealt with and "they'll get battered".

I don't doubt there would be aggro. Again, football fans are - by and large - mostly shitehouses who say things like you said and then go running in the opposite direction. It's in no way a bad thing not to choose violence but spouting "they'll get battered" is a pretty silly thing to write.

Lol.

So naive.