The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Really enjoyed watching your game today.

A bit back to the wall stuff in the second half, but at 2 - 1 down I thought you could have nicked the game. Looks like crosses to the back post are the way to go. 

Even though we've potentially benefitted from today's result, I wouldn't have grudged it if you had won.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Obsessed.

Whats happened to saints fans on here? A sniff of too 6 and they aboot straight to the top of the Premier League of Bell Ends.

Not all of us. I enjoyed that today and it was not surprising that Celtic triumphed due to some questionable  refereeing decisions.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Obsessed.

Whats happened to saints fans on here? A sniff of too 6 and they aboot straight to the top of the Premier League of Bell Ends.

I'm somewhat perplexed as to why some fans are mystified as to why their teams are getting it tight from our fans on occasion. I fully accept that some of our fans have gone OTT.

However we've spent years narrowly avoiding relegation or actually being relegated and have rightly taken absolute pelters for it.

Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that the fans who rightly ripped the piss out of us, can't take it when we have a dig at them.

It's the natural order of football forums and maybe some fans need to develop thicker skins and roll with it.

Granted Lex is a clown and you anything but "shat it" today, and but for the width of a post you might be in the final.

I fully expect us to resume "normal service" soon enough and have the piss ripped out of us for having a poor season. Shit happens.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm somewhat perplexed as to why some fans are mystified as to why their teams are getting it tight from our fans on occasion. I fully accept that some of our fans have gone OTT.

However we've spent years narrowly avoiding relegation or actually being relegated and have rightly taken absolute pelters for it.

Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that the fans who rightly ripped the piss out of us, can't take it when we have a dig at them.

It's the natural order of football forums and maybe some fans need to develop thicker skins and roll with it.

Granted Lex is a clown and you anything but "shat it" today, and but for the width of a post you might be in the final.

I fully expect us to resume "normal service" soon enough and have the piss ripped out of us for having a poor season. Shit happens.

There's getting it tight and there's the absolute shite posted by numerous buddies in every Dons thread this season, lacking in humour, insight or analysis, instead consisting of completely repetitive drivel with constant referencing of Miovski's penalty, which seems to have scarred many of them for life.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

There's getting it tight and there's the absolute shite posted by numerous buddies in every Dons thread this season, lacking in humour, insight or analysis, instead consisting of completely repetitive drivel with constant referencing of Miovski's penalty, which seems to have scarred many of them for life.

Aye, because your fan's contributions over the years and recently have been soooo insightful and full of humour. 

As I mentioned there are a few culprits in our support that match your description, but that applies to a fair few of your own.

However, a lot of us just have a point and laugh and then move on, which is generally my approach. Although, sometimes, when I should know better, and I put my hand up here, I overstay my welcome. We've all done it.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Aye, because your fan's contributions over the years and recently have been soooo insightful and full of humour. 

As I mentioned there are a few culprits in our support that match your description, but that applies to a fair few of your own.

However, a lot of us just have a point and laugh and then move on, which is generally my approach. Although, sometimes, when I should know better, and I put my hand up here, I overstay my welcome. We've all done it.

I'll take your word for it - I wouldn't know as the only time I'd (usually) be on a Buddies' thread is when you're playing us, in Europe or in a semi/final, done well against the gruesome twosome, not every f****** match, like many of your compatriots. Not that it actually matters as most of them are on ignore, so I no longer have to read them (unless some eejit quotes them)! :lol:

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

No matter how shite St Mirren have been, I don't think Aberdeen fans were ever seeking out St Mirren threads to try and gloat.

just watched the highlights there and the refs/var will just not give any team a penalty against one of the bigot brothers if the game is in the balance...ours v sevco on wed and yours today just ignored(foul before it my arse)...its fucking pathetic.

8 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

just watched the highlights there and the refs/var will just not give any team a penalty against one of the bigot brothers if the game is in the balance...ours v sevco on wed and yours today just ignored(foul before it my arse)...its fucking pathetic.

It's not even the individual decisions but knowing they'd be given at the other end of the park. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's not even the individual decisions but knowing they'd be given at the other end of the park. 

This is true

The handball one yesterday (let alone the other stonewaller) would have been given to Celtic with barely a look on VAR.

The fact the only penalty checked at length by VAR was Harts miss tells you something too.

Our pre-match chat in the cafe bar place over coffee and eventually one drink, was that was maybe having such an air of low expectation and low numbers might work for us.

Also, as mentioned, it isn't the bigger profile matches that have been this team's problem - and Celtic's defence is there to be got at.

It was a really good first half and I will never tire of watching that pass from Clarkson. The outcome of the post HT tweaks possibly felt like experienced Rodgers vs inexperienced Leven - but fair play to PL for the use of the subs, we stayed in the game and deserved to take it to ET.

The scenes after both the late equalisers will live with us for a long time.  Sometimes it's maybe better just to take the diehards to these occasions !  

It is gutting that this takes it to 35 years and ends the prospect of another continental sojourn, but on the latter, the inability of construct or trust a squad capable of handling the demands of that has ultimately outdone us.

Showing up so well yesterday is still no guarantee of not being drawn back into the play-off dogfight, as none of these remaining fixtures (other than maybe Easter Rd) will be against sides that give the team the time and space they got yesterday.  Still work to do, but trust PL has enough about him to sort that.

Edited by tarapoa

Yeah I think we’ve seen this movie enough this season to know this isn’t ’the start of something’. We can’t accuse this team of not giving us some ‘moments’ this season. A few more mundane wins would be nice though.