The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Nobody wants that experience… surely won’t be us as we have been there three times by end of this campaign.. Even the SFA wouldn’t send us there first day of next Season after that ……Or would they ???

Trophy Day, not Flag Day.

2 hours ago, Highloon said:

The article is spot on.

Is the distrust from the weegia because there is a chance a foreign manager won't have his team put 10 behind the ball and lose 2-0 in Glasgow while praising everything to do with Celtic and Rangers?

Edited by highland_mechanic

3 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

The article is spot on.

Is the distrust from the weegia because there is a chance a foreign manager won't have his team put 10 behind the ball and lose 2-0 in Glasgow while praising everything to do with Celtic and Rangers?

Well not quite spot on.

What's worse is that the Dons' last three failed permanent managers have been Scottish. 

Unless he’s counting Goodwin as a success…

7 hours ago, Highloon said:

It's a bit student journalismy.

I've not heard anyone I'd normally listen to react with anything other than positivity to the appointment. So, who are the folk this article is railing against?

And some of the points are quite weak.  Cifuentes, for example, "turning around" QPR's form would be challenged by a lot of QPR fans. They remain a very streaky team, as they were before he went there, and they remain at very real risk of relegation. Stendel, although I don't hold him responsible for it, relegated Hearts.

And that's before we encounter the issue of whether Jim Goodwin is Scottish.

Not great writing, imo. And I'm not sure what made this a necessary article.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's a bit student journalismy.

I've not heard anyone I'd normally listen to react with anything other than positivity to the appointment. So, who are the folk this article is railing against?

And some of the points are quite weak.  Cifuentes, for example, "turning around" QPR's form would be challenged by a lot of QPR fans. They remain a very streaky team, as they were before he went there, and they remain at very real risk of relegation. Stendel, although I don't hold him responsible for it, relegated Hearts.

And that's before we encounter the issue of whether Jim Goodwin is Scottish.

Not great writing, imo. And I'm not sure what made this a necessary article.

There was a PLZ clip of a few guys saying we should’ve gone for the likes of mackay etc. clickbait stuff. 

I agree though, the reaction on the whole is pretty positive or at very least intrigue. I don’t think the article is great. 

Sorry for you guys today, played really well. You ain't going down. With the team you have, how Aberdeen aren't on top 4 is beyond me...

8 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Sorry for you guys today, played really well. You ain't going down. With the team you have, how Aberdeen aren't on top 4 is beyond me...

Tbh, games like today are the ones where we've mostly performed.

We're not good at breaking defences down. 

As much as I love him, I don't think we play as well as we did on the ball in the first half with Shinnie in there. Two sides of the coin though as we're probably not dominated in the second half like we were if he's there either.

20 minutes ago, Sonam said:

The goalkeeper and defence gave an example of why.

Felt for the Dons also. Often I have said it is less painful to lose heavily to the arsecheeks. I remember when we lost 5-1 to Rangers in a League Semi my friend said are you not gutted. I said no. We were never in the game. If we are going to lose would rather in that fashion than a late late 1-0 or penalties etc. 

Also love the media asking before the game why Rodger’s is so wonderful and has such a good record at Hampden. Nothing to do with the biggest budget in the league by a country mile (exc Rangers). Funnily enough this is rarely mentioned. Celtic winning cups is like shooting fish in a barrel. They literally have one team that can compete with them on an almost level playing field. 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Felt for the Dons also. Often I have said it is less painful to lose heavily to the arsecheeks. I remember when we lost 5-1 to Rangers in a League Semi my friend said are you not gutted. I said no. We were never in the game. If we are going to lose would rather in that fashion than a late late 1-0 or penalties etc. 

Also love the media asking before the game why Rodger’s is so wonderful and has such a good record at Hampden. Nothing to do with the biggest budget in the league by a country mile (exc Rangers). Funnily enough this is rarely mentioned. Celtic winning cups is like shooting fish in a barrel. They literally have one team that can compete with them on an almost level playing field. 

Exact!

49 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Their fans heading straight for the exits at the full time whistle tells you how mundane it is for them making a cup final.

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well played, you put up a good fight there, got some decent players as well, just unlucky, in hindsight, should've been firing deep crosses in earlier, they couldn't cope with it.

Thank you.

Hope I’m not jinxing him and rueing this in a months time but huge well done due to Leven.

Wasn’t even aware of him joining us before he took over, and don’t think he particularly wanted the role, but without necessarily doing anything drastic he’s made us at least respectable. More than. Definitely turned the game around today.

Given what he stepped into and how badly it could have gone he’s earned my thanks.

Was that a usual Leven set up/approach, or do you think your new manager had an input?