The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

They are allowed to go on just a freeze frame. The Aberdeen statement points this out.

it was clearly offside.

That really doesn’t wash given how often we’re told that camera angles and perspective skew what we see on telly and that we just need to trust that VAR always gets offside right. 

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

They are allowed to go on just a freeze frame. The Aberdeen statement points this out.

it was clearly offside.

You are correct, the VAR can make a decision on a freeze frame. The only person that would possibly say that it “was clearly offside” is someone with an agenda, or a white stick.

VAR was brought in to help the on field officials where  a clear and obvious error had been made. My take is that if 2 officials cannot see the clarity or obviousness ( word?) Of the error then it cannot be clear or obvious. Is it therefore an error ? I was at Satursays game and thought it was a perfectly good goal. Astonished that it was overturned. Scotlands versionof VAR is crap and is a platform for organised cheating with bias towards certain teams.. I'm not a youngster bumping my gums here but a guy who has played and followed football for 65 years plus..  It does not help refs, rather hinders them. Refs agree with VAR decisions so to avoid controversy. VAR makes the decisions now and ruining the game. Glad Aberdeen have taken officialdom to task over the nonsense that presided on Saturday. Hope they get more evidence of what clear and obvious error was made by the officials. Bitter and twisted old man rant over. Time for a lie down.

It's important to acknowledge, that in the whole of Scotland on any weekend, a grand total of only 6 matches are officiated with the 'help' of VAR, and civilization as we know it has yet to collapse.

It wasn't perfect before, but it's far from perfect now, and with the added effect of sucking all the joy and spontaneity out of the matchday experience.

The clubs should have the balls to end this nonsense at the end of the season.

As a neutral who couldn't really give a f**k either way, I think it was offside and I wouldn't moan if it was against my club.

The new manager looks like an Aberdeen appointment, foreign but not of an elite level, bit like half the squad ironically.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

As a neutral who couldn't really give a f**k either way, I think it was offside and I wouldn't moan if it was against my club.

The new manager looks like an Aberdeen appointment, foreign but not of an elite level, bit like half the squad ironically.

Hardly an expectation for any manager coming to Scotland.

What does it say for St Johnstone that Craig Levein is your manager!

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Hardly an expectation for any manager coming to Scotland.

What does it say for St Johnstone that Craig Levein is your manager!

Leveins our manager and we're 3pts behind you having spent multiples less on our squad.

I'm not sure where your "win" is here.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

image.gif.3c434d7d409bb5a350378a3442468bfa.gif

What is ‘elite level’ in this context, and is there any relatively recent examples of a Scottish club (outside the cheeks) hiring someone of that status?

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Leveins our manager and we're 3pts behind you having spent multiples less on our squad.

I'm not sure where your "win" is here.

The point being a St Johnstone fan is surprised Aberdeen (or any Scottish team) havent got an "elite" foreigner is weird. Nice that he thinks of Aberdeen as capable of that!

Also as you criticise and dislike Levein more than most your post is odd. Our underperformance this season is nothing to do with our incoming non "elite" manager.

I would suggest a club with a manager who is a dinosaur who has managed a 26% win ratio with you is not really in a place to suggest other teams appointments are unimaginative 😄