The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

A 3-5-2 fan...

Can't have that.

It doesn't matter the year, manager, players etc - this is kryptonite for AFC.

28 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I don't 🤣

That's why I get sucked in by the interfering rumours.

I put a higher bar on believing stuff like that, because if it were true then I’d move immediately to get cormack out of the club. Thats ludicrous over reach from a chairman. 

I had been swithering about not renewing DNA as some kind of mini-protest at the current clusterf**k.

However, I have now seen that DNA members get £3 off the £18 they want for a Q&A with Eugene Dadi, so that'll be me signing up again.

Over in the new manager thread, in the absence of a new manager to discuss, a few posters were reflecting on our transfer/scouting policy of the last few windows, and how to strike the right balance between data-led recruitment and more traditional scouting (you know, watching a player play football in person). There was also some chat about combining more ambitious international scouting with more pragmatic, safer signings from within the SPFL (as far as any signing is safe).

Hearts have got a few solid if unexciting pre-contracts tied up in the form of Penrice, Spittal and Dhanda. Who would folk like to see us approaching in a similar mould?

I realize this is pretty moot without a technical director and head coach in place, so we'll likely miss the boat on pre-contracts anyway, but going off the contracts ending list on transfermarkt - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC1 - the pickings look slim.

Maybe bringing Bruce Anderson back as a fairly solid Premiership striking option? Assuming Bojan is sold and Gueye moved on somehow. He screams McInnes-signing, so I'd expect to see him at Killie.

Scott Tanser at St Mirren, maybe? Probably more reliable than McKenzie and less injured than McGarry. Meh.

ETA: I've discounted anyone who, to me, is simply unrealistic, namely Keanu Baccus, Ryan Strain (both heading south I assume) and Beni Baningime (staying put or down south too).

Edited by Ampersand
ETA.

37 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

Over in the new manager thread, in the absence of a new manager to discuss, a few posters were reflecting on our transfer/scouting policy of the last few windows, and how to strike the right balance between data-led recruitment and more traditional scouting (you know, watching a player play football in person). There was also some chat about combining more ambitious international scouting with more pragmatic, safer signings from within the SPFL (as far as any signing is safe).

Hearts have got a few solid if unexciting pre-contracts tied up in the form of Penrice, Spittal and Dhanda. Who would folk like to see us approaching in a similar mould?

I realize this is pretty moot without a technical director and head coach in place, so we'll likely miss the boat on pre-contracts anyway, but going off the contracts ending list on transfermarkt - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC1 - the pickings look slim.

Maybe bringing Bruce Anderson back as a fairly solid Premiership striking option? Assuming Bojan is sold and Gueye moved on somehow. He screams McInnes-signing, so I'd expect to see him at Killie.

Scott Tanser at St Mirren, maybe? Probably more reliable than McKenzie and less injured than McGarry. Meh.

Any of the defenders on that list