The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

There is something to be said for the arrogance of certain supports. 

Aberdeen are afflicted by this - about their city (which is like everywhere in Scoltland, a shitehole with nice bits here and there) and their football club. It’s trivial things but you’ll often hear things like “no disrespect to *average Premiership club* but we should be expecting 3 points when we go to their ground/shouldnt be dropping points at home to them”

This was mentioned by the AFC TV commentators during our last visit to Pittodrie in a fixture I and most of Scotland made Dundee favourites for pre match. 

It’s a by-product of relatively recent success to be fair  - but it often takes these fan bases (certainly a large portion of them) a lot longer to realise quite how dire they are so it’s quite funny to watch (see the game in hand patter) - DUFC are a classic example of this and that’s why so many enjoy their hilarious demise. 

The Scottish top flight is tight enough these days that it takes 1 incompetent idiot in charge of your club and you can go from clear in 3rd one season to bottom 3 or 4 very easily over the next season or 2. 

Aberdeen appear to have welcomed one of the most idiotic owners (football side wise) for a long time. I saw a starting XI of values somewhere up the thread and to me that sums up Aberdeen as a club at the moment - it’s genuine laughing stock material and demonstrates a huge lack of awareness on the boards part.

I’m 100% certain Not many Dons fans care about the culture or the holistic approach to key strategic decisions taken by the CEO. They want football people that know what they are doing making the key footballing decisions. By all means get the “culture” right and do all that good business stuff - but do it internally and report on the results in your shareholder comms. 

ETA - Most championship clubs will see Dundee fans as arrogant as we continually seem to get relegated there and then expect to win it without much issue - spoiler - we never do and they love it 

Tl dr

A cheery thought, if we make the Scottish Cup Final and finish 11th, it’s likely that we would have playoff games on the Wednesdays either side of the Final. I’m sure they put contingency dates in like that before Hibs Hibs’d it against Falkirk.

Would be some bus parade anyway.

6 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I can’t believe the timing of this but just when Dons fans and Aberdonians in general thought things couldn’t get any worse…

IMG_0770.jpeg

Is the ending of the sentence missing?, and reads ‘if you're a junkie’.

6 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I can’t believe the timing of this but just when Dons fans and Aberdonians in general thought things couldn’t get any worse…

IMG_0770.jpeg

True. Was in the local booze shop earlier to be confronted by this.

You don’t get that in Morningside.

IMG_8558.jpeg

On 14/03/2024 at 19:24, Game of throw-ins said:

I agree up to a point, but I'd like to know whose idea it was for the players to go to applaud the fans after a very poor performance and result.  They did the same against St Johnstone at home. I get the reasoning behind it, shows the fans the players still care, but the inevitable outcome is the players get abused and humiliated, which must do their confidence no good and lessen their affection for the club's support.   However well intentioned its a crass idea. Let's get back to trooping off the park with your tail between your legs after a bad result and letting management deal with the supporters' frustration.

Yeah it’s like sending lambs to the slaughter 

14 hours ago, tarapoa said:

How would sacking the board work?  Does Cormack sack himself?

You know full well the intention of the chant. It’s just a way for simple football fans like myself to voice their displeasure at the people away from the park who make the decisions. 

On 15/03/2024 at 14:13, Der Panzer said:

There is something to be said for the arrogance of certain supports. 

Aberdeen are afflicted by this - about their city (which is like everywhere in Scoltland, a shitehole with nice bits here and there) and their football club. It’s trivial things but you’ll often hear things like “no disrespect to *average Premiership club* but we should be expecting 3 points when we go to their ground/shouldnt be dropping points at home to them”

This was mentioned by the AFC TV commentators during our last visit to Pittodrie in a fixture I and most of Scotland made Dundee favourites for pre match. 

It’s a by-product of relatively recent success to be fair  - but it often takes these fan bases (certainly a large portion of them) a lot longer to realise quite how dire they are so it’s quite funny to watch (see the game in hand patter) - DUFC are a classic example of this and that’s why so many enjoy their hilarious demise. 

The Scottish top flight is tight enough these days that it takes 1 incompetent idiot in charge of your club and you can go from clear in 3rd one season to bottom 3 or 4 very easily over the next season or 2. 

Aberdeen appear to have welcomed one of the most idiotic owners (football side wise) for a long time. I saw a starting XI of values somewhere up the thread and to me that sums up Aberdeen as a club at the moment - it’s genuine laughing stock material and demonstrates a huge lack of awareness on the boards part.

I’m 100% certain Not many Dons fans care about the culture or the holistic approach to key strategic decisions taken by the CEO. They want football people that know what they are doing making the key footballing decisions. By all means get the “culture” right and do all that good business stuff - but do it internally and report on the results in your shareholder comms. 

ETA - Most championship clubs will see Dundee fans as arrogant as we continually seem to get relegated there and then expect to win it without much issue - spoiler - we never do and they love it 

Words.

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Words.

Far too many.

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Which one of you lot is on Sportsound just now?

The guy’s way too intelligent to be me.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’d no idea that Hearts hate us quite so much.

I said before the game I fancied Ross County to get something from Hearts, not to necessarily win though.

Hearts might tail off a bit now that 3rd is all but done.

Ross County have improved a lot under their interim manager Cowie.

Will be a really tough game in two weeks. 
Win it & I think we can relax a little. 
Anything else & the stress carries on. 

2 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I had no idea that the education system in Aberdeen had declined to the point anything over a paragraph intimidates its denizens.

Sad to see.

If you had quoted anyone then people might know what you are gibbering about 

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’d no idea that Hearts hate us quite so much.

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Which one of you lot is on Sportsound just now?

I was initially amazed then impressed and then full of pity for that guy with his "Edinburgh's yo-yo club" snider. I didn't catch it at first and had to rewind it in a "did he really just say that" moment 

5 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I was initially amazed then impressed and then full of pity for that guy with his "Edinburgh's yo-yo club" snider. I didn't catch it at first and had to rewind it in a "did he really just say that" moment 

I'd forgotten about that. Genuine laugh out loud moment. I've not heard that guy on before and he was possibly the best Dons fan they've had on. Speaking total sense in a clear and concise way. Then he drops in "Edinburgh's yo-yo club". Absolute class.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I'd forgotten about that. Genuine laugh out loud moment. I've not heard that guy on before and he was possibly the best Dons fan they've had on. Speaking total sense in a clear and concise way. Then he drops in "Edinburgh's yo-yo club". Absolute class.

I knew you'd like it 😂😂😂

Whoever he is must be a P&B-er given the ongoing Jambo/Dons beef*

*Or mutton if that's your preferred meat 😏