The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

16 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Aberdeen won't go down cause County and Livvy are both even worse.  Not much to cheer there i suppose

If they are still within 3 or 4 points of 11th by the split, then it definitely could happen given how cutthroat it becomes.

On the other hand, they'd be just one well-timed win away from safety as well in that scenario.

They are due to travel to Perth post split. Do they also visit Dingwall?

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If they are still within 3 or 4 points of 11th by the split, then it definitely could happen given how cutthroat it becomes.

On the other hand, they'd be just one well-timed win away from safety as well in that scenario.

They are due to travel to Perth post split. Do they also visit Dingwall?

I would love to see it but given County have 7 points from their last 14 games and 4 of them were against Livvy, i can't see it.

I suspect Aberdeen will be fired up for next week and that'll effectively be that.  

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

County will finish 11th. I’d be surprised if we’re not cut adrift by the split - given our run in. 

That would mean Aberdeen winning games. 

In the same season that we've won at Ibrox, beaten Hibs with 10 men in a semi, had some very respectable performances in Europe, we have picked up 6 league wins. Half of which have come against the only other two teams currently below us in the table. We've won TWICE out of NINETEEN games against the teams from 3rd to 9th.  Those teams are Hearts, St Mirren, Killie, Dundee, Hibs, Motherwell and St Johnstone.  This really is as bad as I can remember. f**k, if it wasn't for the 5 points we'd picked up against the bigot brothers to County's zero. And the 6 we've got against them, we'd be cut adrift in 11th. 

Aberdeen FC have been well and truly cormacked. 

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'm getting more concerned with every league match that passes. The players really don't seem to realise what's at stake here. Particularly the defence. Dundee should have scored 3 or 4 goals tonight with ease. We got really lucky with at least 3 chances in the first half. The only positive from tonight was Peter Leven's after match interview. 

I'm taking defeat at Motherwell as a given so the club needs to do a big marketing campaign to get Pittodrie full for the Ross County match and the fans need to do their bit and attend. 

Then I would suggest to the club that they lay on free buses for the Livi match and try to pack out whatever Livi's ground is called that week.

The players (or rather imposters) need to understand what is at stake here, and the only way we can do that as fans is by filling stadiums to capacity.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

We have to play Ross county twice. There’s every chance they beat us at home and then post split we’re likely off to Dingwall…

Sure we could beat Livi. But at the moment it doesn’t feel like we should be confident of doing either.

Relatively speaking, Aberdeens league position is a cause for mild concern I’m sure. In isolation however you’d expect them to stay up relatively comfortably. This is likely why most fans of other clubs say you’ll stay up etc.

Having witnessed that Aberdeen performance last night though, Dons fans have every right to be absolutely shitting it. That defence and goalkeeper would be poor in the championship.

Nothing of any substance in midfield and when Hoilett started showing signs of promise he was hooked and replaced by a wee fat lad.

Miovski is the only reason you aren’t down yet but he looks to have been “Warnocked” and if you can’t get the ball to give to him he’s pretty limited in what he can do. 

One of the things that really struck me was your defenders unwillingness to show for the ball - you were dispossessed multiple times from defenders and in midfield because when players looked for a pass players were hiding. Often the easiest pass would be pointing at another player purely to avoid getting the ball…

Finally a general query - that goal kick “Roos Ruse” - where he demands the centre halves come short, gets them all in position then points forward and kicks it long right to our midfield - is that something you always do or was it a time wasting tactic? It never went short once all night - understandably so having seen the defenders ability with the ball. 

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

In the same season that we've won at Ibrox, beaten Hibs with 10 men in a semi, had some very respectable performances in Europe, we have picked up 6 league wins. Half of which have come against the only other two teams currently below us in the table. We've won TWICE out of NINETEEN games against the teams from 3rd to 9th.  Those teams are Hearts, St Mirren, Killie, Dundee, Hibs, Motherwell and St Johnstone.  This really is as bad as I can remember. f**k, if it wasn't for the 5 points we'd picked up against the bigot brothers to County's zero. And the 6 we've got against them, we'd be cut adrift in 11th. 

Aberdeen FC have been well and truly cormacked. 

That's horrendous.

40 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Relatively speaking, Aberdeens league position is a cause for mild concern I’m sure. In isolation however you’d expect them to stay up relatively comfortably. This is likely why most fans of other clubs say you’ll stay up etc.

Having witnessed that Aberdeen performance last night though, Dons fans have every right to be absolutely shitting it. That defence and goalkeeper would be poor in the championship.

Nothing of any substance in midfield and when Hoilett started showing signs of promise he was hooked and replaced by a wee fat lad.

Miovski is the only reason you aren’t down yet but he looks to have been “Warnocked” and if you can’t get the ball to give to him he’s pretty limited in what he can do. 

One of the things that really struck me was your defenders unwillingness to show for the ball - you were dispossessed multiple times from defenders and in midfield because when players looked for a pass players were hiding. Often the easiest pass would be pointing at another player purely to avoid getting the ball…

Finally a general query - that goal kick “Roos Ruse” - where he demands the centre halves come short, gets them all in position then points forward and kicks it long right to our midfield - is that something you always do or was it a time wasting tactic? It never went short once all night - understandably so having seen the defenders ability with the ball. 

This is very fair, and yes Roos has been doing that all season. 

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

In a season of pretty terrible statistics, that's just about the worst one I could find. 

Try harder...

Given that Aberdeen are in the ScoCup semis, and given their honourable performances in Europe, are they in some way better competing away from the fix that is the Spiffle Premier?

Just a thought.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

United surely?

Livingston, surely? Neither Ayr or Morton are getting relegated this season and aren't even in the Premiership, so how could Aberdeen go down with them?

36 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Given that Aberdeen are in the ScoCup semis, and given their honourable performances in Europe, are they in some way better competing away from the fix that is the Spiffle Premier?

Just a thought.

Robson constructed a side to be effective at 'transition'' in bigger games.  Probably the main reason our European performances in particular were credible.

This took no account that 75% of our fixtures are against jobbers in our league who all set up fairly similarly - but certainly designed to pick off sides with ideas above their station (or our wage level).

Actually found Dundee's play last night the most impressive and enterprising of all of them - more off the cuff and a little less formulaic. 

Edited by tarapoa